Author Topic: World Affairs (NOT SEX)  (Read 13328 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
World Affairs (NOT SEX)
« on: November 22, 2007, 02:25:55 pm »
I usually post things on here about news items and what's going on in the UK, mainly because I like to know what's going on in the world around me.

So instead of making new topics and clogging shit up I'll make this the MASTER NEWS OF THE STUFF THAT GOES ON.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could post stuff on what's happening in their countries at the moment too, and yes, comments are allowed ;p

To kick things off:

England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008 football tournament could cost the economy as much as £2bn.

England's kit manufacturer Umbro, and the retailer Sports Direct both issued statements warning of the impact of the team's loss to Croatia on Wednesday.

The defeat may also have a wider impact on the economy, with pubs, travel firms and bookmakers all set to be hit.

"A successful run to the 2008 final would have led to a £2bn bonanza for the economy," said Simon Chadwick, professor of sport business strategy and marketing at Coventry Business School.

Sucks, our economy could do with some extra cash (when could it not?) but at least now I dont have to endure listening to everyone in the office talk about it constantly.

EDIT: Maybe this should go in Media Discussion?

This one I thought was pretty cool :D

British scientists have stumbled across a fossilized claw, part of an ancient sea scorpion, that is of such large proportion it would make the entire creature the biggest bug ever.

How big? Bigger than you, and at 8 feet long as big as some Smart cars.

That would have made Ancient Rome gladiator fighting more interesting ;o

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 02:51:38 pm by Ant »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: World Affairs (NOT SEX)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 03:17:34 pm »
I work at a news station, as cameraguy and editor..

someone someone who lost the game IRL.

A woman from Florida made a pancake and to her suprise she found what she believed a image of jezus and maria.

She regards is as a sign from above in relating to the death of her father and that it will cure her disease. (parkinson)

So she puts it on Ebay, thinking that with the money she can get the needed medical support for her disease.

A woman in a drunk mood bought the pancake for $29, and gave it to her husband as a present.

wtflmao

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 07:10:19 pm »
It amuses me that, in English football, if a big team is not winning 90% of the time then the first one on the chopping block is the coach.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 08:51:54 pm »
It amuses me that, in English football, if a big team is not winning 90% of the time then the first one on the chopping block is the coach.

When signing the employment contract he is fully aware he will be blamed for the team's performance.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:01:23 pm »
In other news, Poland - an average football team, made it way into the finals. Group A, first place. Portugal was second.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 10:02:43 pm »
I blame global warming.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 12:26:39 am »

This sounds like the normal practice here in Norway as well.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 12:29:25 am »
I blame global warming.

So that's why Beckham always cries?

Rugby over football any day tbh.

A lot of people have started to look towards other sports now, could this mark the decline in football's popularity and maybe even possiby its huge franchise in England?

dun dun dunnnn
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:22:58 pm by Ant »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 02:19:28 pm »
Last night the council of a minor football league banned supporters for coming to outside matches, to prevent riots and disturbances.
The mayor of Helmond (a small village next to Eindhoven, wich is where i live), found pig's heads in front of his porch with a sign stating their displease with the decision.
I will be heading over there in a minute and try to get a response out of him in front of the camera.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 02:20:30 pm »
Wow good luck dude! Grab the pig's head too :D

Expensive and time-consuming work in laboratories around the world has rendered many cancers treatable, bringing added years, even decades, for countless patients and their families.
So it comes as a shock to learn that millions of pounds in charitable donations and from taxpayers are being wasted on "worthless" research for lack of good housekeeping practice in the lab.

BBC File On 4 has discovered that many scientists fail to carry out simple and inexpensive checks to ensure that they are working with the right experimental materials - particular forms of human cancer cells.

As a result, thousands of studies are invalid.

Stupid really, wouldn't mind my money back either, I don't pay tax for careless mistakes to happen ;/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:45:10 pm by Ant »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 02:58:09 pm »
thousands of students are trashing the place and rioting 50 metres away from where i am, due to a strike gone bad.

http://www.nieuwnieuws.nl/archives/subhoofd/2007/11/steeds_meer_scholieren_in_stak.html

its chaos over here i will try and update soon

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 03:50:07 pm »
ok in Zeeland, a province in holland there are major disturbances cops are bashing kids skulls in with sticks : http://www.hvzeeland.nl/videoitem.php?video=272

Amsterdam, eindhoven, middelburg and lots of other cities are being the targets of riots, country officers are planning to employ the army.

chekc this shit : http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/1098911.html#comments

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 03:55:11 pm »
Man that's crazy, hope you're getting some good shots :)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 03:55:37 pm »
Yeah, check that vid from zeeland the cops are really aggro on that one

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 03:58:46 pm by Jack Lupino »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 02:41:30 pm »
Today, again, riots in every major city of the netherlands, i was up close today, almost getting bottles and eggs thrown at me, so i decided to stand behind the mob instead of front of it. I was close to the police because i was with a film crew.
around 25-30 people got arrested, there were several illigal fireworks bombs, and there was a lot of damage. :D