Author Topic: Questions/Answers  (Read 146730 times)

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
Re: Questions/Answers
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2008, 08:37:34 am »
Well we know rob is thinking about it.

Say whaaaaat? D:

only insofar as he's always thinking two projects ahead, and overworld has been creatively finished, from the band's point of view, for some time now; so surely new ideas are already forming, fetus-like, in his fecund brainscape.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline morize

« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2008, 09:42:17 am »
Eeee....
There is nowhere wrote, who is the songwritter (and "lyricswritter") in this and this song...or who is MAIN songwritter generally in MaSu? So maybe I'm wrong, I really don't know, but I'd like to know that.
Is there any list, where is that wrote? For songs from DXM, Redeemer, Overworld and so on... :)

....... and sorry for my bad english O:-)

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2008, 10:14:51 am »
It's true that the songs that didn't make it on the album weren't really any good at all. They seemed to have great potential when we were making them but when we reached completion it just became apparent that "dang, these tracks truly suck", and by that I mean "suck", not "oh, maybe not so good".

One song was kinda cool, so who knows, hehe... But two of them were fubar.

Perhaps they could be new projects in the future, a spark may ignite them and you may find something to patch the holes and make it elite :P

Offline Xander

• I wanna play until I die
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2008, 03:54:28 pm »
Some fun and funky answers so far, but I'm curious: Who comes up with the videos? That is, does someone from Spinefarm come down and say "this shot and this theme will sell" or do you say to spinefarm "we think this would look great as a video"?

I'm aware the process is probably two way, so who gets final say?
tomorrow I will be here
and I won't be the only easter egg

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2008, 04:04:05 pm »
Some fun and funky answers so far, but I'm curious: Who comes up with the videos? That is, does someone from Spinefarm come down and say "this shot and this theme will sell" or do you say to spinefarm "we think this would look great as a video"?

I'm aware the process is probably two way, so who gets final say?

The director gererally controls the way a film is made and what's shown in frame or not.
This time Johan Hannu presented us with a concept. We agreed to shoot it. Spinefarm agreed to fund it.
We (the band) had very little to do with the script, but ofc we read it before we agreed to do anything.

Lysix

« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2008, 06:10:54 pm »
is it possible to have the radio edit of edge and pearl on myspace instead? i love the intro, but i reckon its too long for potential converts to sit through!

Offline Xander

• I wanna play until I die
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2008, 07:23:58 pm »
Thanks for the answer. Always wondered how those things came together.

Next question: where is the sample from Prelude to Empire? I've just listened to Overworld and it didn't leap out at me.
tomorrow I will be here
and I won't be the only easter egg

Lysix

« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:35 pm »
it's dark city, but slightly stripped down.

Offline Kehe

« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2008, 08:35:49 pm »
its the acoustic solo in the intro.
Kehehehe

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2008, 08:06:56 pm »
Wow I actually got an e-mail back for MaSu being in GH. I also asked about Wii DLC since I might get GH3 for Wii. It reads:

Hello, thank you for contacting Activision Customer support. What an AWSOME suggestion. I will pass this along to the appropriate parties for consideration.

In regards to DLC, we cannot comment on any unreleased updates, DLC or patches nor do we have this information. Keep checking our website and various game messageboards for information on any game updates.

In the meantime, keep rockin!

I think they need to learn how to spell awesome. :P

Offline blindsdog

« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2008, 04:51:38 am »
Hello, thank you for contacting Activision Customer support. What an AWSOME suggestion. I will pass this along to the appropriate parties for consideration.

Sounds kinda like a default response. They prolly get so many suggestions for bands/songs, can't see them listening to every suggestion. ;/

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2008, 05:09:35 am »

Sounds kinda like a default response. They prolly get so many suggestions for bands/songs, can't see them listening to every suggestion. ;/

Well obviously but then again I wasn't really hoping for anything more. At least we know it's a possibility. I think Machinae should try and contact Neversoft or Activision themselves if they really want to make it in the game. I mean come on, An Endless Sporadic made it into GH3 and they only had two of their three songs recorded at the time, with the third being Impulse recorded specifically for Guitar Hero.

Offline morize

« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2008, 06:00:58 pm »
My question is very simple. Why is the band called Machinae Supremacy? I can understand translation, but is there any deeper context?
And why MachinAe? Any connection with Japanese?
In "MaSu forum" I didn't find that....

and...
There is nowhere wrote, who is the songwritter (and "lyricswritter") in this and this song...or who is MAIN songwritter generally in MaSu? So maybe I'm wrong, I really don't know, but I'd like to know that.
Is there any list, where is that wrote? For songs from DXM, Redeemer, Overworld and so on...

...why don't I have some answer? :-( So nobody knows? What about dezo, please ?  ;)  ;D

....... and sorry for my bad english O:-)

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2008, 06:21:27 pm »
My question is very simple. Why is the band called Machinae Supremacy? I can understand translation, but is there any deeper context?
And why MachinAe? Any connection with Japanese?
In "MaSu forum" I didn't find that....

and...
Is there any list, where is that wrote? For songs from DXM, Redeemer, Overworld and so on...

...why don't I have some answer? :-( So nobody knows? What about dezo, please ?  ;)  ;D

Check here... Probably some answers.  :)

http://gazonk.org/~eloj/articles/machinae_supremacy_FAQ.html

"Det är Arvids tur att sitta i lådan."

Offline SweZor

• Keeper of the SweZword
    • A blog devoid of activity.
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2008, 06:55:19 pm »
That thing needs to be updated.... Info about the videos and Overworld is missing, aswell as the lineup change and the switching of the bassists...