Author Topic: Questions/Answers  (Read 134739 times)

Offline mecon

Re: Questions/Answers
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2008, 03:41:05 am »
Why does UMG keep producing crap when what they really need are bands like MaSu to save they're ass.
MaSu is signed with SpineFarm which is a subsidiary of UMG.

Offline FireEatingNinja

• I lick my gf.
    • Myspace
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2008, 09:43:08 am »
Me and my friend are excellent MaSu fans. We see beauty in the lyrics and music. A certain song in a past album and one in the  most recent album stand out to us though.

Tempus Fugit is extremely epic. There's hardly any other way to describe it. Badass, maybe.

Reading the lyrics to Overworld release 'Dark City', we've been wondering if these songs are connected in any way lyrically. If it was an accident or a new strain of ideas.

I would like feedback from a band member if possible on this, or it will never rest in our heads.  ;)

Thanks a lot.
*pweh* -_-

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2008, 10:21:51 am »
Hey FireEatingNinja, good question, I've thought about too. They certainly have the same feel with a deserted city.

I hope you don't mind that I've merge your thread into the the Question/Answer thread. Also, please introduce yourself in the General >> Introduction forum. We like new people...

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2008, 12:24:04 pm »
That is funny. I thought there maybe was a connection between Return to Snake Mountain and Dark City...

I can see the mountain over me, the Serpent Hollow
The silent fortress underneath
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2008, 12:54:40 pm »
Can you name all the characteristics from the band?

I.E Dezo always comes too late for rehearsals or thomas needs minimal 1 beer before a show, whatever..  ;D

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2008, 06:17:24 pm »
Dark City is a song about our hometown Luleå.
Snake Mountain is a place in Luleå.
We got a fortress underneath (see cryosleep vid).

I am never late for rehearsal and Tompi don't need beer, he just like beer and why not take a few to start the mandatory party after a gig a bit early? =P

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2008, 06:44:29 pm »
Dezo, were you the one that signed my package? :D It was either you or Jonne...
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline dezo

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2008, 09:04:48 pm »
It was Jonne. =)

Offline Manwe

• dIffErEnT w0rld - blog
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2008, 09:05:52 pm »
Hi. My name is Daniel, and I work as a redactor in a Slovak metal e-zin www.metalirium.com. But that's not so important, point is that I am a big fan of Machinae Supremacy and I am here for asking whether it would be possible to make an interview with one of the band members (for our website). I am interested in spreading your music, because in our country you're not known as well as you can be. Ofcourse, there are a lot of fans, but it could be much more better with more information.  I have written your biography in our language and now I had an idea about interview.

I will prepare only a few basic questions which I can mail you and if one of the members would have 5 - 10 minutes from the time, it will be really great :)
On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before. Then the bird said, `Nevermore.'

Offline dezo

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2008, 09:09:17 pm »
Hi. My name is Daniel, and I work as a redactor in a Slovak metal e-zin www.metalirium.com. But that's not so important, point is that I am a big fan of Machinae Supremacy and I am here for asking whether it would be possible to make an interview with one of the band members (for our website). I am interested in spreading your music, because in our country you're not known as well as you can be. Ofcourse, there are a lot of fans, but it could be much more better with more information.  I have written your biography in our language and now I had an idea about interview.

I will prepare only a few basic questions which I can mail you and if one of the members would have 5 - 10 minutes from the time, it will be really great :)

You got PM.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2008, 09:11:14 pm »
I am never late for rehearsal and Tompi don't need beer, he just like beer and why not take a few to start the mandatory party after a gig a bit early? =P

FOR EXAMPLE : Dezo always comes too late for rehearsals or thomas needs minimal 1 beer before a show, whatever..  ;D
Hopefully somewhat clearer :D

Offline dezo

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2008, 09:26:03 pm »

FOR EXAMPLE : Dezo always comes too late for rehearsals or thomas needs minimal 1 beer before a show, whatever..  ;D

Well, we are all quite complex individuals.
I really don't want to give you characteristics here on the forum.
I think that's something you should experience for yourself when you meet us.
You should already have realized who I am, and if you have been with the forum from the start you should already know a lot of the others as well... except Jonne ofc =P

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2008, 09:31:49 pm »
Dark City is a song about our hometown Luleå.
Snake Mountain is a place in Luleå.
We got a fortress underneath (see cryosleep vid).

Intriguing. Vid link or it never happened. ;)
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2008, 09:49:26 pm »

Well, we are all quite complex individuals.
I really don't want to give you characteristics here on the forum.
I think that's something you should experience for yourself when you meet us.
You should already have realized who I am, and if you have been with the forum from the start you should already know a lot of the others as well... except Jonne ofc =P
If it wouldn't hurt so much i'd smack my head against the wall. Never mind. :]

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2008, 11:05:19 pm »
It was Jonne. =)

Just as good. I'm not throwing away the package. ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.