Author Topic: Free MMORTSRPG Shattered Galaxy (detailed)  (Read 7704 times)

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
Re: Free MMORTSRPG Shattered Galaxy (detailed)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 10:26:35 am »
Downloaded, installed, tested and promptly uninstalled again. Not a bad game as such, just annoyingly imprecise controls and stunningly ugly graphics.

it's not for everyone :P

I agree that the pathfinding is a bit awful, but the graphics i don't factor into what makes a fun game.

I don't mind bad graphics either, if the gameplay makes up for it. But it simply doesn't. Pathfinding was horrid, and algorithms for determening what it is you actually click is even worse. Keep the mouse over an enemy unit, right-click for attack. Good in theory, but when the game decides that it's not actually an enemy under there, but just ordinary ground, it gets fucking annoying.

I have never had that happen to me :/ Kinda strange actually. Does it bypass the enemy and just click nothing?

Ignores the enemy, and moves my units into place to get sliced.

you could always just select your units and press A+Click, just like "attack move" like in most other RTS games where they engage everything moving up to the position. But that is strange, i have never had an issue with it bypassing enemies and not targeting them :/

But anyone still play? i might get back into it if there are actually other people playin.

I know i CAN, i just don't think i should have to. Besides, that defeats the purpose of attacking specific units when there are several.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
Re: Free MMORTSRPG Shattered Galaxy (detailed)
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 04:02:12 am »
This game was amazing in beta. It was much more simple. There was only one planet and they had a squad system. Once they opened up other planets it was still kinda cool, but it just got rediculous after a while. I was big into the politic portion of it in beta (which at the time, was basically voting for your strategic commanders to control your various clans and give them waypoints etc).

Was a great game.

I was unaware it went free, may have to check it out again.

I'd hate starting over though, I did my grindfest.. I have a great screenshot of the community responding to the big patch that changed the game from the four factions and making it an entirely different experience (what it likely is today, I guess =P)

About 200 people in our capital lining up to spell the words

"FUCK YOU
  NEXUN"

Or whatever the developer was called. :P

Hehehe.

We all eventually got disconnected. :)