Author Topic: So what happened to the picture thread?  (Read 12674 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: So what happened to the picture thread?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2007, 09:23:29 pm »
Quote from: fallout
Now, please - don't take this personally, I'm just trying to give you some advice, because I want the forums to be a happier place. Maybe it'll bring back somewhat of a balance if people don't instantly jump to the conclusion that you're out to cause trouble, Dim.
You have to be joking with me, honestly. If anybody is unsure of the word irony, look here, you may have found it in it's purest form.

Actually, I think it should be you looking up the definition for Irony.

People think it means:
Any kind of amusing coincidence.

Actually means:
An outcome that is the opposite of what you'd expect. [1] [2]

I don't see why should admit that I was 'wrong', when Dim has already said I wasn't one of the reasons the thread got deleted, and I feel discriminated against because I keep getting mentioned. I'm merely using this thread to express my opinions on Dim's attitude.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2007, 09:26:05 pm »
Now, please - don't take this personally, I'm just trying to give you some advice, because I want the forums to be a happier place. Maybe it'll bring back somewhat of a balance if people don't instantly jump to the conclusion that you're out to cause trouble, Dim.
You have to be joking with me, honestly. If anybody is unsure of the word irony, look here, you may have found it in it's purest form.

People think it means:

Actually means:

I don't see why should admit that I was 'wrong', when Dim has already said I wasn't one of the reasons the thread got deleted, and I feel discriminated against because I keep getting mentioned. I'm merely using this thread to express my opinions on Dim's attitude.

It's annoying but at the end of the day it's their call, best to just leave it man.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2007, 09:27:40 pm »
Yeah, I guess. Consider it left. Thread lockage time now? If anyone wants to take any of my points up with me or talk any further of this, then PM me. Not replying here anymore because it can't do any good.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2007, 09:32:25 pm »
Quote from: lysander
we all love moderation, we never said we didnt, its just sometimes it gets a little out of hand.
That would be true, if your word had merit on this situation. I know that when the moderation is getting out of hand, it's to catch up with you guys, who are generally out of hand on the fly, every other day. If you're dealing out this good word, you might want to read up on it yourself.

All right, well what about my word? I've kept my mouth shut for a long time about the shit that goes on on this forum. I'm saying right now, the mods were out of hand with their action this time around. You're right, people have been getting out of hand, and you had to catch up with them; it seems like it's every fucking day I come on here and there's some kind of new drama or underhanded insult from one member to another, and I'm fucking sick of it now.

So, my message to all of the members of this forum: can you fucking stop it now, please?

It'd be nice if we could just go back to the way things were back when I joined oh-so-long-ago and everyone just managed to get along without bringing outside shit into the forum. This is my place to escape and get a neutral angle on the events of the world. When you guys start this shit, it angers me, it unsettles me, and most of all, it makes this place feel like it's not my home anymore.

If any of you really don't like it that much, then just leave, mods or otherwise. I promise I'll be doing the same soon, myself, if things don't change.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

MDX

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2007, 09:41:23 pm »

People think it means:

Actually means:

Surely you couldn't have gathered i might have expected more from you, i guess not. Indeed you came out with the opposite of what i expected. So no, i don't think i need to look up irony.

Harvey what did I personally do that has been so out of hand, what was MY action? Honestly that's not a challenge it's a question and i would like you to be able to pin point where i have not seen, because i believe i've been wording my comments with a sharper tongue than usual but with the same sentiment i always aim for.

I'm dusting my gloves on you and lysander, i have spoken here and it's done nothing really. I don't know where Ant comes into the equation but i'd like to hear a solid voice from you as well since you think I've done wrong somewhere along the line.

This is the short simple explaination for my time in this thread today:

I DO NOT CARE, about this shit that you lysander and Dim and Annie all go through, i don't, i'm not picking on you, i'm not picking on any of you, WHO ELSE is involved in this situation but you four? Nobody, maybe ant or harvey but not really, they don't do anything wrong. Not to my knowledge up to now on the forum.

What i DO care about, is enjoying the forums. So bottom line, cut it out and leave it be and stop coming back for a final word. And if you can't leave it be do it somewhere else, i'm pulling out and i'm not taking sides now, i'm saying keep it off the forums. And find a new place to vent it between each other. That's as simple as i can put it for you. Please drink that in. I'm locking the thread but i would still like to hear from harvey and ant in PM if they don't mind contacting me, vent your frustrations and queries to me, not at me. Unless that's how you truly feel.