Author Topic: It's that time of year again!  (Read 18440 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
It's that time of year again!
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:28:30 pm »
It's nearly Christmas!!

What's on everyone's wishlists?

Personally, I asked for the MaSu zipped hoodie from my girl, GH3 from my mates as a collab present and some clothes from the VALVe store from my parents (I waant that Portal shirt :P)

In turn, I bought my gf NiN - The Fragile (the only NiN album missing from her collection), some nice new expensive perfume, QOTSA - Era Vulgaris, and some books that she slyly hinted at (she's a right bookworm :P)
I bought my mates some snowboarding DVD's, a book on comic animation and a pair of Sennheiser PMX 60 headphones.

Annie

Re: It's that time of year again!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 05:43:50 pm »
Damnit, Shaun! It's over a month away, but now you've got me all worried and now I need to start writing shit down before I forget. >: Thanks. THANKS A LOT.

There's only one person I've got gifts for so far, but I can't really put it on here or they'll see. :\

For my dearest lesbian lover whom I dyke out with every so often (aka, best friend who is a girl), Celia, I wanna get her some clothes, but.. she's a 'preppy' girl and I don't know what she likes. I don't suppose any of you guys know what 'preppy' girls like? Like, have you ever bought your girlfriend clothes or something? We already bought eachother something a month ago for an early Christmas present, but I think I wanna surprise her with something more.

The only other person I'm giving a gift to is Celia's little sister, Sam, 'cause she's like, my best friend too, and I already bought her a $45 portrait, and I'm also drawing a picture for her 'cause she likes my drawings and loves art.

I don't really ask for gifts, nor do I expect them, but I always manage to get spoiled during Christmas, and I guess my mom is getting me/got me a PS3 for Christmas. She originally bought me a $500 dog, but now we have to get rid of him, so I guess she is going to make it up to me. But if I could have something, I think I'd go with Shaun and get a zipped MaSu hoodie. I've wanted one of those for the longest time. Maybe a MaSu CD as well. Fuck, I need a credit card.

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:35:07 pm »
I don't even know what a "preppy" girl "is". :/
DRAMA

Lysix

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:41:37 pm »
ill buy everything a week before christmas as i always do, because online shopping is ftw.

MDX

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:55:01 pm »
Presents? Girlfriends? Christmas? Here what kinda sick joke is this?

On the thought of hoodies, i wouldn't mind my first ever band clothing for christmas, though i don't think ill get one, cuz i go on and off the idea of having band brand clothing so much that it's not worth thinking about anymore.

I don't know what i want for christmas tbh.
I know what i need, which is new cymbals, or the beginning of a collection of great cymbals.. then again wheres the point when all i do is practice with rubber pads on and then play college kits instead, until i actually saw regular gigs coming up i don't see the point.

I am quite relieved not to have a girlfriend for this years season, every bloody year i spend money on somebody who ends up fucking me over, so it's good to avoid that. Will be family im spending on this year, as usual, and nobody else. Rather worse considering i dont have a job and my sisters giving me a 25 pound budget for her, which, i laughed at, shell be lucky if i spend 10. It's christmas, not a fun house "wholeeee  lotaa fun! prizzess to be won!! its a really whacky place where... " etc i don't know the rest.

I hate when i type and dont think ahead, which is what this post has been. Kinda wandering through it, guess i haven't thought about christmas coming up that much in terms of pressies. Anybody recommend something i could ask my parents for christmas for? No PC Games, and No Consoles. I dont play guitar, i dont need new drum equipment, i have an elite mini recording set up. So that filters those out :)

lolimjustlikelysanderandannieyayayyyyyy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 06:56:59 pm by meka »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 07:09:54 pm »
In our family, we've decided that we only buy presents for those we celebrate with, plus grandparents (I always celebrate with my siblings and parents, plus one pair of grandparents, and whoever else celebrates with these grandparents).

Anyway, while it's still a tad bit soon for christmas, I have started thinking about my wishlist. I mean, I have my birthday in less than a month.

(Which reminds me, I just forgot my best friends birthday two days ago. Fuck!)

So, let's see...

Digital SLR (top of the list, and chances of getting one equals nil. But I might get some money to buy one, enough that I can actually afford one)
A piece of art from my sister (having original art on your walls = win)
A couple of cool shirts (it's always good to look good)

and that's about all I've managed to think of so far. Gifts for my family, well, my brother and sister is relatively easy to find presents to, my parents aren't too hard either, and grandparents, well, one grandmother is of the opinion that it's the thought that counts, so her I can pretty much give anything, but it's always fun to find something they'll be really happy to get. Which is hard.

If I get enough money to buy a digital SLR, at least I know what to get them for next year. Let's give 'em each a photoshoot during the summer, or whenever, and print the best pics. Frame 'em, and voila.

I don't have a girlfriend, so that probably won't be a problem (on the other hand, there is this girl...well, you never know ;D )
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 07:25:03 pm »
Man, X-mas.

I hardly have money for food, much less gifts for people.
I applied at about 8 places in hopes for a job... if I get one in the next week I may be able to afford small $20-$30 gifts for everyone.

aargh!

as for my wishlist: It seems to get more and more difficult every year.  Other than video games and now, thanks to Fallout, headphones, my list is small.  I usually get some decent clothes and socks and such.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:41:07 pm »
Thanksgiving isn't even over yet. Hold your horses.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Lysix

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 10:25:12 pm »
we're too (un)cool for thanksgiving, so we have no horses TO hold!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 10:40:06 pm »
Man, X-mas.

I hardly have money for food, much less gifts for people.

I feel your pain. It's just a dull ache here. I have money for food. I have money to last me ou december, approximately.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline daYak

• 90% herbivore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 11:33:42 pm »
my wishlist:

giftcards for restaurants! i like edible and tasty gifts.
I also want an 80gig classic ipod. Everything is technically edible, but ipod probably doesn't taste good and the component/chemicals in it could turn me into a retard.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 12:13:54 am »
Thanksgiving isn't even over yet. Hold your horses.

We don't have thanksgiving over here, only REVENGE DAY.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 01:43:19 am »
OH WELL IN THAT CASE I WANT

A new Nintendo DS
A flash cart for said DS
A new PSP (the sweet new slim kind!)
An Xbox 360
SIX years of Xbox Live Gold (yes, SIX!)
EIGHTEEN pounds of potato chips
Some excellent winter clothing!!
Confirmation that I will be going to college somewhere (YES?!)

and a PONY!
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 02:28:51 am »
Thanksgiving is actually an awesome holiday, and one I would have preferred that we imported rather than some other holidays...

My uncle is american, so I've experienced Thanksgiving several times. Actually, I experience it almost each year. Won't get to do so this year, though. Can't afford the trip home  :'(

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 02:38:34 am »
I wants me a barrel of floss, I wants me two barrels of glue to be my friends! And I wants to go dancing nekkid! And I wants...

... and a chair made of cheese and a table made of cheese and a...

that's it, I think.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.