Author Topic: Puscifer  (Read 2158 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Puscifer
« on: November 01, 2007, 10:27:02 pm »
Maynard's new album, V Is For Vagina, dropped yesterday. I'm listening to the first song, Dozo, now. It's... interesting. I was wondering if anyone else picked it up.

So far it feels like something to get stoned to. O0
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
Re: Puscifer
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:39:24 pm »
Heard it once or twice.
Too bad I don't smoke. :P

Anyway, it worths more than one listening. Gotta dig it.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 10:57:47 pm »
Yeah, "Momma Sed" is good. I'm a little disappointed that he doesn't really sing on this (from what I've heard until now... there's one song left, but I doubt anything will be different). It reminds me a lot of Emotive.

And FYI, I don't smoke either. :P
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 08:38:11 pm »

Whatever you do, I appreciate you. :P

I dug this album. Still strange but quite hypnotic. Very different from Tool and APC, but I've never expected something like those two bands, considering to the previous tracks that were on the Underworld OST.
I still can't have an opinion on this album, excepting the fact that I like it. For now.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 07:38:29 pm »

Whatever you do, I appreciate you. :P

I dug this album. Still strange but quite hypnotic. Very different from Tool and APC, but I've never expected something like those two bands, considering to the previous tracks that were on the Underworld OST.
I still can't have an opinion on this album, excepting the fact that I like it. For now.

I can't help but feel like the whole album is a lot of the same stuff over and over again. Damnit, Maynard, why must you confuse me?!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 06:55:19 pm »
I don't smoke either, anymore. Gave that stuff up a long time ago. I'll just enjoy my beer, thanks :P

Anywho, I shoulda probably avoided listening to samples at work. Samples rarely do a song justice and usually, much like in this case, give you an impression that you won't like the album.

I'll try to snag a few tracks from it before I decide if I wanted to pick this up or not. My general thought on this album was it probably wouldn't be for me though. Still undecided if I wanna gamble the money and pick it up, I may just wait and hear more than what I've heard and then decide.