Author Topic: Gaming Monthly - November  (Read 14680 times)

Lysix

Re: Gaming Monthly - November
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2007, 06:46:51 pm »
Walmart said that they were going to call me once they got another Elite in stock so that I could trade it in. Well, I got a call today saying they aren't getting anymore Elite's and the only way I can get one is if I go two

two words
XBOX WARRANTY!
if your consoles faulty, then arrange for a pickup and get it replaced by microsoft themselves. its UPS too, so you can basicly tell them to pick it up whenever you're able to be there.
seriously, trading in the elite is a silly thing to do :(

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2007, 07:46:37 pm »
Walmart said that they were going to call me once they got another Elite in stock so that I could trade it in. Well, I got a call today saying they aren't getting anymore Elite's and the only way I can get one is if I go two

two words
XBOX WARRANTY!
if your consoles faulty, then arrange for a pickup and get it replaced by microsoft themselves. its UPS too, so you can basicly tell them to pick it up whenever you're able to be there.
seriously, trading in the elite is a silly thing to do :(

Getting it replaced by microsoft means you have to wait a while without the console while they pick it up and attempt to repair it. What's so difficult about going to a walmart 2 hours away?

Lysix

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2007, 07:49:58 pm »
Getting it replaced by microsoft means you have to wait a while without the console while they pick it up and attempt to repair it.

you should try having your computer taken away for 2 weeks to be "repaired", its even worse :P
may as well make use of the warranty they give you though, usually whenever i take the problem to the shop they bitch about how its not their concern :S

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2007, 08:40:02 pm »
3 words:

Mario, Galaxy, Super.

In no particular order.

Annie

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2007, 08:46:39 pm »
Getting it replaced by microsoft means you have to wait a while without the console while they pick it up and attempt to repair it. What's so difficult about going to a walmart 2 hours away?

It's difficult because it's TWO HOURS, there and back for a total of four hours, with no ride and tbqh, I don't feel like going through that much shit.

I don't know what I'm going to do. My Xbox.. it seems to be working fine now. I mean, I figured it was going to die again after a day or two but it's working still after a whole week. And Alix, I know. I went 6 months without a computer before. >: Shitty experience.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I mean, I REALLY don't want to get rid of my Elite but I'm so fucking impatient when it comes to things like that, and yeah I know, it's my own fault but blargh. I think I will end up mailing it in to Microsoft. Maybe. I don't know. Maybe I'll do it around Christmas so my PS3 will keep me entertained for a month or two while the 360 is being repairded'd.

Lysix

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2007, 08:54:13 pm »
remember, you dont have to do anything. they come and collect it and drop it off when its fixededed [:

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2007, 09:40:44 pm »
remember, you dont have to do anything. they come and collect it and drop it off when its fixededed [:

Yep. It's that simple.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2007, 11:38:20 pm »

Yep. It's that simple.

It doesn't even take that long to repair. It's amazing how fast Microsoft works when there's someone bitching at them on the phone through the entire process.

CALL OF DUTY 4 WHOOO
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

tomas

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2007, 02:06:35 am »
QUIT wow for COD, its OWS big times...... O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2007, 02:07:56 am »
QUIT wow for COD, its OWS big times...... O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

pssst... tomas... it's december now! ;)
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2007, 02:11:33 am »
Lock / desticky / sticky dec thread? :)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2007, 01:08:19 pm »
Locked, destickied...