Author Topic: WoW movie?  (Read 14805 times)

Lysix

Re: WoW movie?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 12:25:45 am »
maybe theyd use a korean cast? xD

Offline Pete

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 10:40:47 pm »
Id much rather see a starcraft movie tbh

But why? Starcraft works fine in games as it is, it has a good storyline for a game and everything.

But if you were choosing between a 40k movie and a Starcraft movie, 40k would have to be the choice. It's just so much more...asplodey. And features sci-fi close combat.

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 09:06:11 pm »
A Warhammer movie would be really cool. And I feel the Warhammer setting is much better and more well-developed than Warcraft as well.

A 40k movie might be even better?
Any movie with violence beer and naked women destroying the planet is cool in my book.

Too bad there wouldn't be any naked women, since it would only be the Space Marines who survive for more than 3 seconds. Perfect opportunity to have a very masculine gay romance. I mean, they have to do something when they are not fighting, right?
When not fighting, the space marines prepare and think about fighting. And also, they rub their big, long and hard guns clean together, if you know what I mean ;).

But yes, I think there was Live Action Warhammer 40k movie ages ago, or then it was video clips from that old game Final LIberation. Can't remember which way it was. If it was a movie, it was a fan made one I think.

[Edit: after some research(googling) Im quite sure that the clips are from Final Liberation]
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline AuraconE

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 01:02:16 am »
Yes ma'am.

During the panel discussion, Creative Director Chris Metzen and Chief Operating Officer Paul Samms introduced Jon Jashni and Thomas Tull, of Legendary Films, the company behind 300 and Batman Begins. Blizzard and Legendary have begun pre-production on the Warcraft movie, admitting that it is early days yet.

'This is not a video game movie, it's just based upon, inspired by, the World of Warcraft,' said Tull.

The story will happen roughly one year before the action starts in World of Warcraft, and will focus on Azeroth through the alliance's eyes. Metzen was firm that the lore and continuity will not be changed so much as merged - main plots from the history of the world will be brought into one story. Familiar faces such as Thrall, Bolvar Fordragon and Jaina Proudmoore will be featured, as well as a new hero that Metzen remained tightlipped about.

Huzzah?
Gtfo

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 01:52:53 am »
Yes ma'am.

During the panel discussion, Creative Director Chris Metzen and Chief Operating Officer Paul Samms introduced Jon Jashni and Thomas Tull, of Legendary Films, the company behind 300 and Batman Begins. Blizzard and Legendary have begun pre-production on the Warcraft movie, admitting that it is early days yet.

'This is not a video game movie, it's just based upon, inspired by, the World of Warcraft,' said Tull.

The story will happen roughly one year before the action starts in World of Warcraft, and will focus on Azeroth through the alliance's eyes. Metzen was firm that the lore and continuity will not be changed so much as merged - main plots from the history of the world will be brought into one story. Familiar faces such as Thrall, Bolvar Fordragon and Jaina Proudmoore will be featured, as well as a new hero that Metzen remained tightlipped about.

Huzzah?
Gtfo

no u
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline AuraconE

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 03:24:53 am »
WoW is fucking sex, yes.
But why.
a WoW movie!?
Jesus christ xD
It's an MMO
They're going to pull some lame last minute story out of their asses, considering they have no current story to work with. Maybe if we're lucky they'll talk in chatspeak.
 "leik oh em gee, need rez"
I just have a hard time seeing an MMO work in live action without being the most ridiculous thing ever.
Maybe we'll get lucky and Leroy Jenkins will be staring.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 03:30:13 am by AuraconE »

Offline AuraconE

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 03:29:17 am »

But why? Starcraft works fine in games as it is, it has a good storyline for a game and everything.

But if you were choosing between a 40k movie and a Starcraft movie, 40k would have to be the choice. It's just so much more...asplodey. And features sci-fi close combat.

I agree.
It has a developed story. For me really, thats what it all comes down to.
Explain how you make a WoW movie, wheres the story?

Lysix

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2007, 12:36:32 pm »
did they remove the edit post button recently?

wait, no, here it is.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 02:17:16 pm by Lysander »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2007, 12:44:20 pm »
It seems like that, yeah. Perhaps a old nod to 'missing link'

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2007, 02:18:24 pm »

I agree.
It has a developed story. For me really, thats what it all comes down to.
Explain how you make a WoW movie, wheres the story?

If you have played the other Warcraft games and actually played WoW and taken the time to immerse yourself in the lore, you'd have seen that there's a whole lot of stuff that would work in a movie.
Plus, it isn't a WoW movie, but a Warcraft movie (yeah, the topic says WoW movie, but the press releases have said Warcraft). Quite a difference there.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2007, 02:23:15 pm »
people make the mistake that warcraft=WoW. when theres so much story and background to the series that happened way before it. im interested to see how the film ends up story wise. especially since its BEFORE all the recent events.

MDX

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 05:45:03 pm »
did they remove the edit post button recently?

wait, no, here it is.

lol. i especially like the added edit :P