Author Topic: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare  (Read 25993 times)

Offline sammy.

• ch'yeah.
    • MySpace
Re: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2008, 06:05:18 am »
Patch? There's any new patch? I didn't notice. I stopped playing CoD 4 multiplayer a while ago. Right now I'm goofing around in single player missions, doing silly things like trying to pass All Ghillied Up on veteran while making as much destruction as possible - shooting down all helicopters, killing eveyone on the way (and I mean, everyone. Even if that means going 1vs30 on them [MacMillan is a pansy, he rarely helps in taking them down]), and the like. Now that made CoD 4 challenging. I wonder if anyone tried that before. I'd record that and put on YouTube if I wasn't too lazy to figure out how to do that.

I'd throw my Xbox 360 out of a window before I play that level on Veteran again.
God, that was hell.

Come on and look at the other side.

Offline Carstuar

• Violator
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2008, 01:42:34 pm »
I really hate Chinatown, but Killhouse is my favorite map. I've yet to learn all the hiding/sniper spots on any other map, so I guess that's why :D

I'm facing some hard challenges now. I'm supposed to kill someone by tossing flash/stun/frag directly on them. :O
I think that actually happened to me before, but I hadn't unlocked those challenges yet ;D

I seek only where to find you

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2008, 06:45:18 pm »
Having 2 Xboxes hooked up in the same room is great for achievements like that. YAY CHEATING.
DRAMA

Offline sammy.

• ch'yeah.
    • MySpace
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2008, 12:51:22 am »
I really hate Chinatown, but Killhouse is my favorite map. I've yet to learn all the hiding/sniper spots on any other map, so I guess that's why :D

I'm facing some hard challenges now. I'm supposed to kill someone by tossing flash/stun/frag directly on them. :O
I think that actually happened to me before, but I hadn't unlocked those challenges yet ;D

I don't think I've ever actually "completed" that challenge, but I have done it before.
I remember once on Countdown, I randomly slung a Stun halfway across the map, and a few seconds later it gave me a grenade-to-face kill.

It's time like that when I wish I had a capture card. :D

Come on and look at the other side.

Offline Aeon

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2008, 05:20:01 pm »
As much as I hate camping... On Creek, check out the very top of a broken roof of the house located on a higher ground on the edge of the map. You can get there by going up a steep stairway in one of the rooms and then by jumping on it through one of the holes in it. Don't think many people know of this by now as I've never seen anyone sitting there yet, and it's a nice sniping position, since it overlooks half of the map.

What about smoke grenade? Hey, that's actually a good question. I don't recall hurting anyone by tossing it on them. Protip: it's easiest to complete that achievement by tossing grenades at people using Last Stand abiity. At least I think that worked two patches ago.

I'm sick and tired of my "Ghost" config. I can't kill anyone with it anymore. I think It's time I got back to my uberleet M4 of mayhem. Watch out world, here comes Cadrin.  ^^
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Pete

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2008, 05:33:45 pm »

As much as I hate camping... On Creek, check out the very top of a broken roof of the house located on a higher ground on the edge of the map. You can get there by going up a steep stairway in one of the rooms and then by jumping on it through one of the holes in it. Don't think many people know of this by now as I've never seen anyone sitting there yet, and it's a nice sniping position, since it overlooks half of the map.

Hah, I've seen people up there, but apparently they didn't see me. I sniped someone who was camping up there using my mini uzi from halfway across the map, it was beautiful.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2008, 02:36:15 am »

Anyone who played CoD2 knows it, since after all the map is practically identical to the Cerentan map...with minor detailing.

And also a quick bug/glitch for anyone who just wants to screw around:

When using a class with Last Stand, use Smoke Grenades as your special grenades, throw your frags normally and try and get a kill, then switch to your Smoke Grenade and walk around with the pin pulled....when you die, you will fall into Last Stand and your grenade will magically change to a Frag :)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2008, 05:29:01 am »

Anyone who played CoD2 knows it, since after all the map is practically identical to the Cerentan map...with minor detailing.

And also a quick bug/glitch for anyone who just wants to screw around:

When using a class with Last Stand, use Smoke Grenades as your special grenades, throw your frags normally and try and get a kill, then switch to your Smoke Grenade and walk around with the pin pulled....when you die, you will fall into Last Stand and your grenade will magically change to a Frag :)

Uhhh... I think you're referring to Chinatown, not Creek.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline SweZor

• Keeper of the SweZword
    • A blog devoid of activity.
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2008, 02:00:51 pm »
The sniper spot on the rooof of the so called 'broken building' is fairly well known on XBL CoD4, I've seen plenty of people sitting up there.
The problem is that you can only get one or two good shots off before someone finds out and tells his team about you, after that you're fucked, since there's virtually no good cover, all you can do is run to the other side, or jump down.

Also: Anyone in here play Hardcore Team Deathmatch alot?

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2008, 09:00:38 pm »
The sniper spot on the rooof of the so called 'broken building' is fairly well known on XBL CoD4, I've seen plenty of people sitting up there.
The problem is that you can only get one or two good shots off before someone finds out and tells his team about you, after that you're fucked, since there's virtually no good cover, all you can do is run to the other side, or jump down.

Also: Anyone in here play Hardcore Team Deathmatch alot?

I want to play more, specifically because as a sniper it's a bitch to be found. ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2008, 10:07:24 am »
aww nooooo...I reformatted my comp, backed up my profile etc...but forgot to backup my "leet screenshots" of when me and some clanmates were pwning it up :(

I only have a couple that I hosted on photobucket before the reformat....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Chronologix/sabftl.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Chronologix/destroyed.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Chronologix/shipment1024.jpg