Author Topic: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare  (Read 26586 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 01:11:14 am »
Bought it, fucking loved it, completed it, tried to take it online... and i can't find any bloody games cause the connection at my uni only gives me strict nat. bastards!

There's currently a bit of a student uprising here because several people want Xbox Live, but can't have it (or any other online gaming).

I WANNA TRY THIS GAME

It's strictly against the rules at my uni... i managed to get it working by sharing my laptop's internet connection, but like i said... only got strict nat which means some games work some dont.

Protest outside the IT building!
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 04:39:09 am »
if you denied access to any partition of this games content you should go on a rampage until your demands are met.

Playing online kicks some ass (even more-so on the PC), and preferably i would play this over Halo 3...but that might just be me. Achievements, Challenges, Ranks, etc. just seem more interesting to get in CoD4 than Halo as well. Overall a very enjoyable experience :D

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 09:25:09 pm »
Heh. My brother has been invited into a staff 5v5 tournament on CoD4. Finals are in Vegas - shame he sucks though.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 10:47:57 pm »
Its simply epic, the online multliplayer is enough to buy it.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 09:57:28 am »
The single-player is extremely well put together too....such a sad ending, and i can't say that about many games, even if other games TRY to make a sad ending, doesn't always do the trick.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 11:43:51 am »
playin through it now! super de sexy.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 04:29:07 am »
Definitely not worth the money because of the short length of the game no matter how polished and fun that ~5 hours may be. I thought the multiplayer was pretty standard and not interesting myself. I prefer games with much larger maps and objective gameplay. Crysis's power struggle is something I considerably prefer to this.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 05:08:00 am »
This game is going to be occupying my Xbox's CD tray for a long while. So much fun.

Definitely worth the money. ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 05:48:51 am »
Definitely not worth the money because of the short length of the game no matter how polished and fun that ~5 hours may be. I thought the multiplayer was pretty standard and not interesting myself. I prefer games with much larger maps and objective gameplay. Crysis's power struggle is something I considerably prefer to this.

So since you are objective towards the map sizes etc. you think it is not worth the money? hardly. The map size is fine for the Xbox, for PC on the other hand, having a total of 64 people in a small map is rather fast paced and could use a change, but it is still definitely worth the money. The multiplayer gameplay is standard for CoD series gaming, which there is nothing wrong with, you don't need something brand new in every game if it is not completely necessary. I can't get enough of the multiplayer, and finally may have found my favorite weapon for MP :)

Offline Kaladune

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 10:53:33 am »
Think i like about CoD4 is the way they actually make you need the use of tactics in the sort of way you have to use your brain instead of muscle attitude, that made a diffrence for me from the old CoD games to this one.
As an old military soldier, i was trained in street combat, and house searches, and by actually using the tactics ive learned, they people around me work the same way, and i can easily read what their next move will be, and that gives a more realistic feel to it. So i like the game in total, with the grafics, feel of "i wanna freaking nail that bastard to the wall". You want to fight, and that urges makes a game feel good to play, to give you that kick!:P

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 11:48:16 pm »
So since you are objective towards the map sizes etc. you think it is not worth the money?

No - I specifically said I don't think its worth the money because the game is so short. I find the idea of paying full price for something so short is rather offensive to me. Perhaps I could consider it worth $20-25 but definitely not $50.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Pete

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 12:57:32 am »
By that reasoning, Unreal Tournament isn't worth anything :P

I'm gonna get this soon, as well as UT3...possibly. TF2 is sorta doing a good job as my only online game atm.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 12:25:13 pm »
So since you are objective towards the map sizes etc. you think it is not worth the money?

No - I specifically said I don't think its worth the money because the game is so short. I find the idea of paying full price for something so short is rather offensive to me. Perhaps I could consider it worth $20-25 but definitely not $50.

Does that mean you'd expect discounts from a midget prostitute? even if they give REALLY good head?

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2007, 03:48:54 am »
By that reasoning, Unreal Tournament isn't worth anything :P

And it isn't worth anything to me. I don't like frag fest multiplayer nor the objective capture point thingy mode that they had in the last one. I'm a fan of large scale warfare that is tactical and strategic as opposed to fragging things while running around. And no, I don't like the Battlefield series either - still not large enough scale or deep enough gameplay to hold my interest. To do it they'd need planetary scale at least but preferably solar system scale with fleets starships and starbases to fight it out as well as assaulting planets. That is about all that would do it for me. :P

Does that mean you'd expect discounts from a midget prostitute? even if they give REALLY good head?

I'd expect them to pay me for the opportunity.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 04:05:08 am »
lol
pwnage