Author Topic: Reasons for Japanese?  (Read 21296 times)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
Re: Reasons for Japanese?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 10:07:31 pm »
Then we also have the fact that in Japanese music code-switching to English is quite common
Yes, to incredibly ruinous effect. Hardly something worth emulating.

But MaSu do it in the exact same way, only with English as main language, and Japanese as secondary.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 12:30:44 am »
And it is ruinous.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Ak!mbo

• -=CYNiC=-
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 08:53:56 pm »
I'd love to have some German put in my band's songs, I think it sounds awesome, the Clash used some Spanish and French I think.. It's all just cultural exchange in a world with growing relationships between geogrphical borders, which the internetts has helped a great deal with.

Offline Palicgofueniczekt

• I wanna be Mama bear.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 11:19:08 pm »
These exist somewhere on the forums, unless they were deleted. I will save you some time. Though my ears may deceive me:

Insidious - 皆、もすぐマシーン・スプレマシーが来る [だ/わ/ば] よ! Minna, mousugu Machinae Supremacy ga kuru da/wa/ba yo! Everyone, here comes Machine Supremacy!

Theme from Jets & Guns - マシーン・スプレマシー、どうぞ。 Machinae Supremacy, douzo.  Machinae Supremacy, please/by all means (we welcome your excellent music to a rockin' game)

I am lazy, the newer ones should be easier to find.

A lot of swedish/finnish/scandinavian people have Japanese ..fetishes, apparently. I actually recall Ozziz telling me about a Finnish-Japanese village, and I guess Rob has a love for all things Japanese too, Most probably because of Anime.

EDIT: 5800!

There was a movie out a few years ago about a Japanese restaurant in Finland.  It was pretty good. かもめ食堂/Kamome Shokudo/Seagull Cafe(teria).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 11:35:47 pm by Palicgofueniczekt »

Offline Aphex

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 09:44:37 pm »
Sweet. I was also wondering bout the meaning of japanese phrases.  :P

Offline Lando

• TeamLando
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 11:23:17 pm »
I reckon it's because some of the band members like the japanese pop-culture (anime, games, music etc). I think this is the main reason. Also, I guess japanese, unlike for instance french, german or spanish is a language many won't recognise instantly, which gives the songs a bit of a mysterious edge. YOu know they say something, but you don't know what. Hoho, unless you're me. I speak and understand the language worth of five years of studies . here's my take on what all that jap means:

Insidious:
Minna, mousugu Machinae Supremacy ga kuru wa yo= By the book this means, "Everyone, Machine Supremacy will arrive soon", but I'd stik with the mentioned "Everyone, Here comes Masu" since, well, although it's the "correct meaning" it's a bit too formal for the situation, eh.

Jets 'n Guns: Machinae Supremacy, douzo.= Could mean a couple of things. Could be the mentioned "Machine Supremacy, Please" as in~"feel free to do whatever" or it could be the "That was Machine Supremacy~" after a gig kinda douzo. Hard to tell.

Kaori Stomp:
A bit harder this, mainly due to Rob's pronunciation (no offence, just a song-kinda thing). Basically it's :
(You got the Style), Ikasu, ore wa oboete iru (when you are here) to hokano hitotachi ga mienakunattshimau. And this could mean some different stuff too. The first word, ikasu is somewhat a “?” on my part. I know two meanings of this word, them being either “Cool stylish, smart” or “To revive” but they’re both Japanese words, and in the redeemer book MaSu uses the foreign words katakana-alphabet to write the word. So either they just wanted to make Ikasu cooler, or it’s a name of someone, or slang for something.

My tip? I’d go with the “cool” translation. ‘cause, then the sentence means this:
You got the style, so cool, I remember it now, when you are here all the other people become invisible (here they use the Japanese grammar for either “completely” or “I reget doing so”, so it could also mean “Everyone disappears completely or “I reget that they disappear, I’d go with the first one).

Oki Kumas Adventure:
A bit trickier to hear, this one, and the text got some kanjis I don't recognise, but, here's my take:
Right, first of all, just to all of you who might not know this, Oki kuma actually means "big bear", so that's what this song is about, a big bear. AMybe the starsign, I dunno?
Anyway.

Kuma wa, sekai o [something]. Hubnester no tatakai no densetsu wa eien ni ii [something]gareru deshou. Meh, hard shit. Reckon it's Something like
 "The Bear [something] the world. The so called Hubnester's legendary fight [something]forever, eh? " but honestly, I can't make proper stuff out of it apart from that. Could be the bear's fighting for the legendary hubnester, or that the fight of the hubnester is legendary and forever, or something like that, dunno for sure. Sorryz.

Reanimator: Pretty tricky this, she talks so silently, and the text is full of unknow kanjis, but what the hell, I'll have a go.
Watashi wa nemuri ni tsuki kurayami no naka heto kieteiku. =While I sleep in the middle of the darkness, something blows out/turns off)
Susumu koto ni tsukare, tada kono mama de itai =I get tired, and I think I wanna stay here (ain't too sure about that one, but hey, works)
Jitto koko de matsu dake de ii = I could stay here quietly.
Jitto koko de kono mama de matsu dake de ii = I'm sure I could stay here silently forever (or for a long time, etc).

Not too sure about the reanimator stuff, altough I'm pretty sure about the overall context (chick dying/dead in the "darkness", not to sad about) itI can't really get all the grammar and stuff to form something 100%. But I hope this will do.

Oh, and I would appreciate if a real Machine Supremacy-member could give some hint to wheter or not my translation is correct or not, just because I tried to translate it and would like to know if I atleast got some of ir right xD
Tricky language, that jap.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:25:07 pm by Lando »
Like Lightnin', man. I'm here and ready to strike.

I'm Only Here for Machinae Supremacy.
Jag är bara här för Maskinell Övermakt.

Offline Aphex

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 11:38:51 pm »

Offline Ratti

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 12:21:08 am »
http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com/index.php/topic,2857

the translations used to be in the lyrics on the website but i guess they were removed. the thread still features japanese transcriptions and my attempts at translation at the end

Offline Aphex

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 12:29:36 am »

Offline Lando

• TeamLando
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 12:34:33 am »
Guess my translation wasn't too off then  8)
Like Lightnin', man. I'm here and ready to strike.

I'm Only Here for Machinae Supremacy.
Jag är bara här för Maskinell Övermakt.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 09:58:45 am »
Legendary epic post. *plays Mortal Kombat theme*

Added the following section to the newbie FAQ:

Translation of Japanese lyrics on Redeemer
http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com/index.php/topic,2857.msg101570.html#msg101570
http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com/index.php/topic,5463.msg195242.html#msg195242

Lysix

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 03:12:02 pm »
hands off my thread you bastard!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 05:38:19 pm »
Now, say that in japanese and he would be indeed, pwned.

Offline Ratti

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 11:28:13 am »
俺のスレッドを放せ、キサマ!!
or something like that xD

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 01:32:08 pm »