Author Topic: free music  (Read 5189 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: free music
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 08:24:54 pm »
I love digg, reddit, shoutwire, keeps me upto date with the news and theres occasionally some other tidbits of info and random other things on there too. It's kinda like reading an internet newspaper.

the ru

Re: free music
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 10:07:00 am »
I put a plug in for MaSu, not sure how many will take heed. You guys started free music as far as I'm concerned, although NIN, Radiohead, and many others are trying to take credit for it. I've been following you since 2001, got both albums as soon as I could, and I'm damn proud of it. This is me saying thank you, and I hope you'll tour the US sometime soon.

There are differences.

Trent has a lifetime of experience as a professional artist and has just recently decided to break free of the commercial shackles. His fanbase is probably as large as it's ever going to be (at least until the next generation of consumers grow up and discover his music). I think he knows how to make a living even without a record deal.

MaSu is on their way up but has shifted from "free" music to a more restricted form of distribution. Spinefarm should help further their success by letting them reach audiences through new channels that otherwise wouldn't be available.

I think Trent is annoying. I also seem to recall an interview where he speaks out against piracy, but I can't find it since Google is flooded with the recent pro-piracy talk.