Author Topic: Gianna Sisters  (Read 3008 times)

Offline creative_pepsi

• I'm a llama!
Gianna Sisters
« on: February 10, 2004, 02:22:16 am »
man, this song is so kewl!!

I used to be a die hard megazeux fan, that song was used in the megazeux tutorial ^.^ AWESOME!

Thank you very much.

chompy

Re:Gianna Sisters
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 09:53:14 am »
Hey weclome to the forums, creative_pepsi. You must check out chuck rock and Cryosleep as well :D

What'sa megazeux?

I'll google it later.

sobella_science

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 12:37:13 pm »
Welcome :D

Offline creative_pepsi

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 03:00:01 pm »
thanks for the invite :D, is it true that this group did the music for Quake 3? cause i love that game too :D

yeah, cryosleep is actually my favorite :D

ill have to check out the other one

Offline creative_pepsi

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 03:01:05 pm »
megazeux is an old game. quite old. ascii characters top view, but you can program and make your own little games with it, really sweet.... yeah!

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 10:13:50 pm »
I want to welcome you, too. I know the feeling, Giana was the song that made me follower of Machinae too (first song I heard and that was it, totally!) It rocks!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

chompy

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 12:30:27 am »
The people who did some? of the music for quake would be Sonic Mayhem. Download quad damage, you'll love yourself for it :D

Offline creative_pepsi

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 09:53:31 am »
i cant find the song chuck rock anywhere, if anyone could help me find this song, id be quite appriciative  ;D

chompy

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 10:03:40 am »
hear http://deghar.ahjo.cop.fi/machinae/ .

+ other ones, aka crap pack.

Offline Satai

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 05:31:19 pm »
Typing check: Is it Giana or Gianna? Some people say it's Giana and I recall seeing in game with only one 'n'.

Offline vanti

• Im the Protogandist!
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 07:05:51 am »
Typing check: Is it Giana or Gianna? Some people say it's Giana and I recall seeing in game with only one 'n'.

Satai it's 2 n's...just looked it up on my MS playlist  :)

:o GASP! You are correct... Machinae misspelled! OMG PLZ! Herecy! *gollum gollum* We must immediately disban Machinae from our playlists forever! :'(

Hahaha... er.. on second thoughts.. NO WAY! ;D

But now I am severely torn between one of "the three".. my gods and my prophets... machinae :P

PS. "the three" obviously being Chris Hülsbeck, Ben Daglish and Rob Hubbard (NOT Ron Hubbard)
//Vanti - "Don't quote me on this!"

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 08:59:52 am »
Machinae will not be "just another gameband"... They just do everything so damn good. Like Giana, for example. It's remake at it's best! And yes, Machinae music would fit into movies. You can use it anywhere (there is even reported incidents when someone has intentionally used their music as soundtrack of love :) )

Really, I've followed the band from quite long time and still it surprises me everytime anything new comes up. Just waiting for their album... I know it's going to be THE album... Who wants some stupid ring anyway? Don't we want the album of albums, the master album who rules over others?
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Bavi_H

• Robert Hart's Homepage
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 02:43:56 pm »
GASP! You are correct... Machinae misspelled! OMG PLZ! Herecy! *gollum gollum* We must immediately disban Machinae from our playlists forever!

Actually, both can be considered correct. If I recall correctly, it was spelt one way on the title screen and the other way on the package box.
___
EDIT: Lemon 64 - The Great Giana Sisters. See the comment by Hansje.Tabak: "I now even see that also all advertisements call this game 'The Great Giana Sisters', but in the (scrolling) intro you can clearly see Gianna with tho n's..."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 03:09:17 pm by Bavi_H »

Offline vanti

• Im the Protogandist!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004, 04:26:32 am »
GASP! You are correct... Machinae misspelled! OMG PLZ! Herecy! *gollum gollum* We must immediately disban Machinae from our playlists forever!

Actually, both can be considered correct. If I recall correctly, it was spelt one way on the title screen and the other way on the package box.
___
EDIT: Lemon 64 - The Great Giana Sisters. See the comment by Hansje.Tabak: "I now even see that also all advertisements call this game 'The Great Giana Sisters', but in the (scrolling) intro you can clearly see Gianna with tho n's..."

Phew.. now my little heart can rest again.. thanks for clearing that up.. 8)
//Vanti - "Don't quote me on this!"

Offline xeno

• See you, Space Cowboy...
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2004, 03:07:19 pm »
Hi all

Yesterday evening while i was at work i found some links to c64 and amiga remix pages in a post on a retro gaming forum. I thought "Well ok, i still have a few minutes left, check it and send it home.". I browsed remix64.com, and saw "Great Gianan Sisters". Oh nice, lets hear it!

After i heard it, i feeled like i was reborn, and the world was a better place to be.  ;D
These people seem to have the love for this music likle i do.

I already have a list in mind of a few songs which i would like to hear like this, maybe i post it sometime. ;)

To Machinae Supremacy: PLEASE never stop!!!

Many Thanks
xeno (germany)