Author Topic: Gaming Month: February  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:Gaming Month: February
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2004, 08:11:05 pm »
lol well if u got shot inm the foot with an awp u wudnt be dead but you certainly wouldnt be able to carry on fighting.

an awp bullet to the foot, especially at the sort of close ranges typical of of a standard CS map would shatter the bone in your foot so badly that you would need an incredibly talented surgeon if you ever wanted to stand on your own two feet again.

as for bunny hopping....im pretty sure bunny hopping isnt realistic lol

chompy

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2004, 10:01:03 am »
I know that bunny hoppying isn't realistic!!!! I think it would make the game more fun.

So you wont die if you get shot in the foot, and that is my point. Sure you couldn't walk after that but you still have the other foot to use and the rest of the foot that was shot off from.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2004, 09:50:46 pm »
Game report loading...

I'm playing alot of BF1942: Desert Combat.
Fooling around with the Apache, chopper is so fun!

Icy Tower, did a 155 combo today :)
Previous personal was 85, so I really whacked it.

On the creation front I've started working a little on Devospace 2. A fatass space shooter project :)

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2004, 11:46:53 am »
UPDATE!!!

unreal tournament 2004 demo is the shiznit!!!

the best way i can think of describing the new onslaught mode is like this -

Battlefield 1942 conquest mode with the design flaws ironed out (ie; no attacking bases that are so far from the fighting it isnt even funny) mixed with tribes and halo style vehicles and turrets with classic unreal tournament weapons and fast paced acion!

the return on assault mode is also welcome and the assault mission in the demo is much more elaborate than anyhing in the original. The sniper rifle is also back and oh how i missed it!

this is the only game that has managed to tear me away from playign star wars galaxies

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 05:31:42 pm »
I just bought Port Royale. I have dreamt about it for long time - to return back to my pirating years. Well, I bought it and played it. And I was conquerred by it. Building ships and business, sailing, exploring and (sometimes) pirateering is so FUN! And to top of that it's really great to refresh memories of old, dear Pirates (Gold). It was one of the best games of cbm and PC version was quite good too (althought little buggy)... I bought it as soon as it got out (the updated version, that is).  Port Royale is better in every other aspect except there is no fencing... I really recommend it!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Deghar

• ^_^
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2004, 12:37:03 pm »
I'm so totally hooked to Unreal Tournament 2004.

Gonna buy it when it comes out :)
Uuh... pie?

Offline outrider

• MAY PRE-HOUSE THE SEAMY SIDE VOLITATION!!!
    • outrider.mag-murphy.net
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2004, 02:47:03 pm »
I have finally, after a long time of searching, gotten my hands on Zelda64 and its successor. Zelda64 is nearly done after two weeks of playing like a madman, and I can barely wait for the arrival of my N64 memory expansion so I can start Majora's Mask right after I'm done with Ocarina of Time.
Next in the list, I finally got Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time to work after fixing my broken DirectX installation, and god, it rocks. It's linear as hell, but it's not like the first three PoP games weren't. But it's sooooooo pretty, and the acrobatics... oh, the acrobatics! Also, its soundtrack is totally ace. :D

Other than that, I got the Myst Trilogy set (woo, 11 CDs!); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES The Sting and a game called Paradise Cracked this week - a neighbor of ours needed help with his computer and, as a thanks, gave me a 25EUR gift certificate for a local electronics store. \o/

As for Myst, I doubt I'll have to say much. The Sting is nice, but I miss the beautiful hand-pixelled graphics of its predecessor The Clue.
Now, Paradise Cracked is quite an interesting game. It seems to be a very little-known title and not selling too good - even though it's dated 2002, it was already down to 4,99, and it's not even listed on Mobygames. I haven't played it much yet, but it's basically a rather interesting mixture of a cyberpunk RPG and X-Com-esque tactics. The music is nice too, and is in the game directory directly as .ogg. :)
Hell is a pretty rotten place. Not only is it damn hot, its inhabitants also have a rather deranged sense of humour. (R. Karsmakers)

chompy

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2004, 12:11:21 am »
I have finally, after a long time of searching, gotten my hands on Zelda64 and its successor. Zelda64 is nearly done after two weeks of playing like a madman, and I can barely wait for the arrival of my N64 memory expansion so I can start Majora's Mask right after I'm done with Ocarina of Time.
Why are you only playing Zelda 64 now???? tisk tisk, it is a awesome game. Are you playing it on the Gamecube or the original 64? Have you herd of Zelda Uru (IE Zelda for the DD) It is just the original Zelda64 just alot harder. If you had purchased Windwalker for the cube and recieved the special CD you would of gotten the Zelda 64 + uru. I have it emulated <.< (shifty eyes) and it rawks

Offline outrider

• MAY PRE-HOUSE THE SEAMY SIDE VOLITATION!!!
    • outrider.mag-murphy.net
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2004, 05:09:27 pm »
Why are you only playing Zelda 64 now???? tisk tisk, it is a awesome game.
As the phrase "after a long time of searching" makes pretty obvious, I didn't get my hands onto it until a few weeks ago, as N64 games haven't been produced anymore for at least two years and thus, Zelda64 is fucking expensive these days.

Are you playing it on the Gamecube or the original 64?
Original N64.

Have you herd of Zelda Uru (IE Zelda for the DD)
Yes. The non-Japanese name is "Master Quest", I believe.

If you had purchased Windwalker for the cube and recieved the special CD you would of gotten the Zelda 64 + uru.
I know. I don't have a cube (yet) though. Also, AFAIR, only the EU version comes with that bonus disc. Nyah-nyah, US! :D

I have it emulated
Bah. Nothing can beat the real thing. :)
(which is also why I hadn't played Z64 yet, although I've had a rom for, like, ages)
Hell is a pretty rotten place. Not only is it damn hot, its inhabitants also have a rather deranged sense of humour. (R. Karsmakers)

chompy

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2004, 11:53:02 pm »
I have it emulated
Bah. Nothing can beat the real thing. :)
(which is also why I hadn't played Z64 yet, although I've had a rom for, like, ages)
True, but the problem is I don't have a gamecube and the 64 DD was never released here in Austrlia. I haven't played it in ages, lost my save game too.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2004, 01:40:12 am »
btw i got rebel strike (rogue squadron 3) for the cube yesterday.

its not bad, not a big improvement over rogue leader...the on foot missions are weird  but generally entertaining....the multiplayer is fun but only supports 2 players

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2004, 10:41:02 pm »
Ummm... actually there is a very distinct possiblity you'd go into shock from a wound of that nature and likely bleed to death.

People have died from gunshot induced shock without even being hit by the bullet....

On topic, I just bought Battle Realms and Shogun: total war for a grand total of 10 bucks... I'm enjoying them both.  Going to buy the James Bond: Everything or nothing game for my PS2 soon..
I know that bunny hoppying isn't realistic!!!! I think it would make the game more fun.

So you wont die if you get shot in the foot, and that is my point. Sure you couldn't walk after that but you still have the other foot to use and the rest of the foot that was shot off from.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 10:42:21 pm by Bearfoot »
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline neoblAze

• Fan of the month - April 2003!
  • nes enhanced
    • neoblaze online
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2004, 03:56:20 pm »
Been playing Freedom Fighters, working my way through Deus Ex 2 right now. It's fucking amazing! I've barely started a game, and I've played like 7-8 different scenarios to see how I can/want to continue playing.