Author Topic: Cover Machinae Supremacy?  (Read 22387 times)

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
Re: Cover Machinae Supremacy?
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 01:16:01 am »
Both from others modules, some from plug-ins I edit and export into .wav file. I also take some free samples collected around the web. I also edit some with different sort of plug-ins, depending on what I want.
Another funny thing is to drag'n drop random files into Modplug's sample editor. I work perfectly with .exe, .html and .jpg and give sweet glitchy results, sometimes. :P
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2008, 10:18:43 am »
Both from others modules, some from plug-ins I edit and export into .wav file. I also take some free samples collected around the web. I also edit some with different sort of plug-ins, depending on what I want.
Another funny thing is to drag'n drop random files into Modplug's sample editor. I work perfectly with .exe, .html and .jpg and give sweet glitchy results, sometimes. :P

lol?! xD
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2008, 12:35:47 am »

Could you point me where to find some cool sounds? so I can get some real "tracker feeling" to the music

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Crazywater

Re: Dark Chipy (Masu Cover)
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2008, 01:14:25 am »
Dark Chipy. :P

(.it source file)
(play it with modplug tracker)
Damn. That cover art owns as much as the song does.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2008, 07:52:46 pm »
Could you point me where to find some cool sounds? so I can get some real "tracker feeling" to the music

http://modarchive.org/

A classic. :P
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2008, 07:57:49 pm »

http://modarchive.org/

A classic. :P

Indeed. :D

Just don't forget to credit the original artist. (Scene credits, don't be like Timbaland. ;D)
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2008, 08:28:42 pm »
There's a difference between taking some samples from a module and ripping a whole part of a song (what Timonland did).
Samples sharing is an important thing in soundtracking, I even would say it's a part of its soul. :P
But of course, crediting is pretty important, although with time, you can't remember if some samples are your property or someone else (and you can forget who is the "someone else").
That's what happened when I asked Tempest if I could use the samples in his mod which has been ripped by Pumbaland : he had not made them and wasn't remembering where they where coming from.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2008, 11:17:02 pm »
There's a difference between taking some samples from a module and ripping a whole part of a song (what Timonland did).
Samples sharing is an important thing in soundtracking, I even would say it's a part of its soul. :P
But of course, crediting is pretty important, although with time, you can't remember if some samples are your property or someone else (and you can forget who is the "someone else").
That's what happened when I asked Tempest if I could use the samples in his mod which has been ripped by Pumbaland : he had not made them and wasn't remembering where they where coming from.

Of course, but Sceners are often honest, I have a few mods/xm modules where the author honestly write that they don't remember. This is honesty.

Something that mister Timberland doesn't recognize. :P