Author Topic: Rock Video Closes In  (Read 60486 times)

Offline JariWolf

• Rabid MaSu fan wolf
    • Machine Animal @ Last.fm
Re: Rock Video Closes In
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2007, 01:45:48 am »
I thought it was fine. Visually quite nice and the camera work was great. Many bands have a music video where they play in some boring environment. This at least had a cool place MaSu played in. I could nitpick that I don't like the make up on the guys. That reminds me of emo.

In the future videos I'd like too see a song with SID and the video to have videogame references / animations, something with real innovation / storyline ..OR all those in one.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:53:10 am by JariFOX »

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2007, 01:55:33 am »
oh ffs. grow up the lot of you. how many of you come to post on the forums to do something other than bitch and whine because masu isnt doing it right to you. i love the vid, and so do many others. but it doesnt matter if we do. it matters if gaz and co are happy with it. if they're content with their efforts, despite how -we- as fans feel, then its a success for them. its their first damn video, give them a break.

*sits the bitchers and the whiners down in front of the tv and puts Bambi on for them to watch* remember kids, if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all. if you come to the forums for the sole purpose of bitching, please the door is that way, dont let it hit you on the ass on the way out.

whaaaaat? hahaha, man.

If you can't say anything nice, then middle school therapist isn't the line of work for you.  Last time I checked, the forum here is open for anyone to post on.  But I won't be dragged into that pit of a debate.

If Machinae was making music purely for themselves, then they wouldn't be where they are today.  They are making music for 1) Themselves 2) The Fans 3) Money.  Pretty much in that order.  What's important to remember is that there are many of us who fall into that second category, and we have opinions on the matter.  And, fans will have different opinions, which means that fans need to learn to put up with different opinions.  People who are closed-minded and refuse to tolerate opinions they don't like are called bigots.

I'm pretty sure Gaz is an adult.  In fact, I know Gaz is an adult, because I listen to his voice when he sings and he sounds like an adult.  And I'm pretty sure that he has a thick enough skin to take a little criticism.  Also, I'm pretty sure that MaSu is not just made of Gaz.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that Gaz is only 1/5 of the band.  Of course, I could be wrong about all of that.  I'm not positive.

What I said in my post was called criticism.  I could have been a "pack of bitching children that need to be slapped" and said something like "WTF VIDEO SUX LOLOLO" and linked to meatspin.  But I didn't.  I said *what* I found fault with.  Some of it was entirely opinion based, some was factual, and some was witty comedy that nobody could possibly take as offensive (read: Gordon=sexy).

doesnt give you the right to bash the video down to hell.

There is absolutely *no* reason why their first video should be subpar.  None.

just like machinaes first ever songs were incredible and raised the bar on modern music?
this is a first for them, theyre not going to get it perfect. its this thing called trial and error. we're not all god given prodigies like you let on to be, sir.

Here's how golf is scored.  There's an average score, called Par.  The goal that most people go for is to shoot par.  If you are really lucky, you will shoot better than par.  If you do worse than average, you shoot subpar.  Prodigies consistantly rarely shoot par, they're almost always better.  Average people will shoot Par.  And things that are subpar are, well... less than average.

And, I honestly don't think that MaSu is going to raise the bar on modern music.  But, I (and many others hold this belief as well) firmly believe that their earliest works were their best.

So shoot me.  Par on that is two shots.  You just took one.  One shot left!

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2007, 01:55:48 am »
The video wasn't bad but it just didn't feel like MaSu at all. Mainly due to Linkin Park look and the rest of the band with the lighting made it seem like a gothic band was playing.

Its not that I need every video to be perfect, I just don't feel that the vid said "We Are Machinae Supremacy!" or "We are SID Metal!" if you know what I mean.

Lysix

« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2007, 01:58:07 am »
Here's how golf is scored.  There's an average score, called Par.  The goal that most people go for is to shoot par.  If you are really lucky, you will shoot better than par.  If you do worse than average, you shoot subpar.  Prodigies consistantly rarely shoot par, they're almost always better.  Average people will shoot Par.  And things that are subpar are, well... less than average.

And, I honestly don't think that MaSu is going to raise the bar on modern music.  But, I (and many others hold this belief as well) firmly believe that their earliest works were their best.

your attempt at sounding smart failed on a vast scale.

Annie

« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2007, 01:58:42 am »
theres a difference between opinion and pointless bitching and whining, which is what i see the majority of in this thread, particularly by random noobs and old-timers that only post to bitch about everything.

have some fucking consideration for gaz and his feelings ffs, because at the moment the lot of you sound like a pack of bitching children that need to be slapped.

So just because it isn't positive, it's no longer an opinion?

There's a difference between constructive criticism (which is what is occurring) and bitching and whining (which is not occurring).

Everybody here is a fan of MaSu. If somebody wants to give input that they intend to be taken as advice by their favorite band for the future, then I think this is the best place for it. I'm really proud of Rob and crew for the job they've done and for their hard work and dedication over the past four or five years that i've been listening to them. But if every single post here was nothing but "OMGZ AWESUM KICKASS BEST VID EVAR!!!11" then things would never move forward.

I agree. Sure, some of what we've said probably isn't worded the best, including what I said, but I'm pretty sure that we all had the intention of just giving at least a little bit of constructive criticism, even though we may not have stated it that way.

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2007, 02:02:32 am »
Of course we care what you think about the video. We love it when you like it, and it pains us when you don't. But here are some facts about the TTLG video.

We really wanted to do a video of one of the songs on Redeemer. This was our own choice and we took the decision when we could get some help to do it of some friends. We could keep the cost of the video at a minimum due to this connection and paid for it ourselves.

We had some really nice ideas for the video but had to settle for a simpler one because of the lack of time and money. In the end it became a performance video and we thought that it would work out fine for a first one. The timing for the video was a bit off since we already started to focus on the next album. This is why Spinefarm wasn't involved.

So, what are my thoughts about the video...
Sure, it could have been better. The sync, editing, story etc. But it's a really good video and can be measure up to many other bands videos. We think it's nice to have a proper video that can be passed around to promote the band. And we're already planning the upcoming video for the new album so if we were to release the TTLG video it was now or never.

As I said earlier... We hope that you like it and feel bad if you don't.... but we love that you care so much and have an opinion. That just shows that you really like the music. I can't wait for the bashing of the new album to begin.  ;)

"Det är Arvids tur att sitta i lådan."

Lysix

« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2007, 02:06:05 am »
so with the release of the next album, will we get the video alongside the album release or something sexy like that?

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2007, 02:07:09 am »

your attempt at sounding smart failed on a vast scale.

Damn!  You hit par!

Lysix

« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2007, 02:07:52 am »
not too hard when im talking to you. ;)
now, hatred aside, lets get this thing ontopic againnnnn

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #339 on: October 04, 2007, 02:09:04 am »
so with the release of the next album, will we get the video alongside the album release or something sexy like that?

That's the idea.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2007, 02:09:29 am »

Don't get your hopes up, mister. The promise of a new (and most likely superior) video should be enough.
You know when I was young, we had to play music video as grampa tried to play Elvis songs he didn't know on his accordeon. It wasn't very good, but we were happy, because we were poor, and that was as good as it got.

Edit:

That's the idea.

Well sorry for being a pessimist.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #341 on: October 04, 2007, 02:10:43 am »
being serv'd by gordon is an honour in itself! feel proud :)
and just wanted to say amongst the confusion and peoples opinions, congrats to the band for recording and getting across their first music video! woowoo!

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #342 on: October 04, 2007, 02:12:12 am »

Don't get your hopes up, mister. The promise of a new (and most likely superior) video should be enough.
You know when I was young, we had to play music video as grampa tried to play Elvis songs he didn't know on his accordeon. It wasn't very good, but we were happy, because we were poor, and that was as good as it got.

Edit:

That's the idea.

Well sorry for being a pessimist.

Well, I can't blame you with all the delays.  :)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #343 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:35 am »
Let's just hope you get a bit more backing from your label for the next vid.

And now, let's hype it up for the new album!
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #344 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:52 am »
being serv'd by gordon is an honour in itself! feel proud :)
and just wanted to say amongst the confusion and peoples opinions, congrats to the band for recording and getting across their first music video! woowoo!

Thanks! And by the way... the new songs kick ass.  :)