Author Topic: Rock Video Closes In  (Read 62810 times)

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
Re: Rock Video Closes In
« Reply #315 on: October 03, 2007, 11:37:38 pm »
it's a very good first video

That line really bugs me.

Spinefarm is not a tiny little record label with no experience.  And MaSu, despite recently becoming a big deal, are not novices to music.  Quit babying them.  A video is a video.  There is absolutely *no* reason why their first video should be subpar.  None.

They don't use any cheesy gimmicks like many other bands.

Except for the dark clothes/eyeliner, industrial warehouse, band just standing and playing, rap/rock-style dancing, zooming in on the guitarist for the guitar solo, lonely lost looking fanboy, and, oh, well... the entire rest of it.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #316 on: October 03, 2007, 11:45:38 pm »
True, the both of you. :)

The video looks a bit made.. youknow?

Offline furinto

« Reply #317 on: October 03, 2007, 11:49:56 pm »
Spinefarm is not a tiny little record label with no experience.  And MaSu, despite recently becoming a big deal, are not novices to music.  Quit babying them.  A video is a video.  There is absolutely *no* reason why their first video should be subpar.  None.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Spinefarm had anything to do with the video other than, perhaps, helping to pay for it. They didn't direct the cinematography or concept. And the band's experience with rocking out doesn't make them experts at videos either.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #318 on: October 03, 2007, 11:56:53 pm »

Except for the dark clothes/eyeliner, industrial warehouse, band just standing and playing, rap/rock-style dancing, zooming in on the guitarist for the guitar solo, lonely lost looking fanboy, and, oh, well... the entire rest of it.

Those are cliches + how the band actually looks.  :P

Well, maybe not the eyeliner. I don't know if Rob usually uses eyeliner.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Kobi

« Reply #319 on: October 04, 2007, 12:05:11 am »
Has anyone ever realized that this is the first video they make? Even if Spinefarm just payed for it all it might not have even mattered. You can throw a shitload of more money into a video and it would still suck. Secondly video making, music or whatever is a learning process. I can imagine the first video you all would make would be eye-pain. So its enough of the bashing now then. Given a few more years and hard work things will improve on this front as well.

My impressions: I'm not to disapointed. I actually was expecting this to be the level of the video but its not bad imo. Most of the 250+ musicvideos I have is of less creative quality then this one. The only thing that bothers me is the Linkin Park look on Robert. Something original next time guys, say a t-shirt with a logo for Jets'n'guns?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2007, 12:11:21 am »
Now.. we wait for the next album.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2007, 12:51:17 am »
Hwo is that little child btw?
Is it only me or does he/she and rob look alike?

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Jon

« Reply #322 on: October 04, 2007, 12:55:47 am »
A version of the vid encoded for iPods can now be found in This Topic for those who want.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #323 on: October 04, 2007, 01:07:56 am »
oh ffs. grow up the lot of you. how many of you come to post on the forums to do something other than bitch and whine because masu isnt doing it right to you. i love the vid, and so do many others. but it doesnt matter if we do. it matters if gaz and co are happy with it. if they're content with their efforts, despite how -we- as fans feel, then its a success for them. its their first damn video, give them a break.

*sits the bitchers and the whiners down in front of the tv and puts Bambi on for them to watch* remember kids, if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all. if you come to the forums for the sole purpose of bitching, please the door is that way, dont let it hit you on the ass on the way out.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Pete

« Reply #324 on: October 04, 2007, 01:10:21 am »
Of course it's a success for them to have released their first video, doesn't mean I can't express my oh-pin-ee-on.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #325 on: October 04, 2007, 01:13:16 am »
theres a difference between opinion and pointless bitching and whining, which is what i see the majority of in this thread, particularly by random noobs and old-timers that only post to bitch about everything.

have some fucking consideration for gaz and his feelings ffs, because at the moment the lot of you sound like a pack of bitching children that need to be slapped.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Pete

« Reply #326 on: October 04, 2007, 01:16:26 am »
To be quite fair, I think the band members are beyond worrying too much about people complaining about the music video when they have successful gigs, a record deal and over 9000 plays (2,983,793) scrobbled on last.fm (many of which are on my own account).

Lysix

« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2007, 01:17:26 am »
doesnt give you the right to bash the video down to hell.

There is absolutely *no* reason why their first video should be subpar.  None.

just like machinaes first ever songs were incredible and raised the bar on modern music?
this is a first for them, theyre not going to get it perfect. its this thing called trial and error. we're not all god given prodigies like you let on to be, sir.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:30:00 am by Alix__ »

Offline Pete

« Reply #328 on: October 04, 2007, 01:18:47 am »
I know, I didn't, I just elaborated on why it didn't meet my lofty expectations of some kind of miraculous, low budget epic.

Offline furinto

« Reply #329 on: October 04, 2007, 01:30:13 am »
theres a difference between opinion and pointless bitching and whining, which is what i see the majority of in this thread, particularly by random noobs and old-timers that only post to bitch about everything.

have some fucking consideration for gaz and his feelings ffs, because at the moment the lot of you sound like a pack of bitching children that need to be slapped.

So just because it isn't positive, it's no longer an opinion?

There's a difference between constructive criticism (which is what is occurring) and bitching and whining (which is not occurring).

Everybody here is a fan of MaSu. If somebody wants to give input that they intend to be taken as advice by their favorite band for the future, then I think this is the best place for it. I'm really proud of Rob and crew for the job they've done and for their hard work and dedication over the past four or five years that i've been listening to them. But if every single post here was nothing but "OMGZ AWESUM KICKASS BEST VID EVAR!!!11" then things would never move forward.