Author Topic: Rock Video Closes In  (Read 60847 times)

Offline Pete

Re: Rock Video Closes In
« Reply #285 on: October 03, 2007, 08:27:28 pm »
 The shame. If only they could sell it on more SID instead of having the retail edition's castrated synth/sid/not guitars :( Oh well, at least we get the vocals. The vid was fine (even if I dislike that version of TTLG), though that boy...seemed a little pointless if it was essentially the band playing.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #286 on: October 03, 2007, 08:29:25 pm »
Retail version of TTLG is not that bad, IMO... it's just that it sounds much poorer in the youtube video etc due to (I guess) lower quality.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline skull

« Reply #287 on: October 03, 2007, 08:30:23 pm »
nah imo the underground version is much better, but we all have our own opinions, and we cant change others

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #288 on: October 03, 2007, 08:34:42 pm »
TTLG doesnt have any sid :)

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #289 on: October 03, 2007, 08:41:11 pm »
ooooh, THAT'S why it sounded so different.

I've never heard the retail version of Redeemer... I was thinking it sounded... not as good.

but yeah, that explains it :)

Offline skull

« Reply #290 on: October 03, 2007, 08:42:57 pm »
ooooh, THAT'S why it sounded so different.

I've never heard the retail version of Redeemer... I was thinking it sounded... not as good.

but yeah, that explains it :)

same, i mean imo the lead guitar sounds too bold

how can i describe i, when the lead plays, its louder hen what it was on the UG

Offline Uktrap

• has stopped breathing
« Reply #291 on: October 03, 2007, 08:46:33 pm »
I prefer the UG edition, but that might also be because I listened to it for 2 weeks before the retail edition found its way up here.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2007, 08:58:11 pm »

yes, I believe a lot of people confuse Synth for SID.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #293 on: October 03, 2007, 08:58:41 pm »
w00t great video... Same opinion as most people before, for your first video it's really good.

Some personal opinions:
I like the story with the kid. It's not too intrusive, yet leaves tons of possibilities for interpretation. (Note that he doesn't wear shoes.) And it fits the theme of the song, music and lyrics-wise. In the beginning I thought that the colours and lighting don't fit the song, but the more I watch the video, the more it makes sense. Guess that's the MTV effect, where a music video replaces your "own" video of the song. The beginning where the kid looks into the room with the dust in the background is a really great shot. (0:14). Too bad the following shot, the band jumping into action, looks a bit clichéd. But the general rocking out scenes of the band look good (why is tomas wearing a shirt? :P). Only thing I don't like are the close-ups where you see only half of rob's face and the band in the background. Also, the part starting at 3:12 is great, where the band scenes and the story frame blend together. Excellent sequences are where the boy stands at the window, the part with the ticket (has the date a special significance?) and the shot where rob stands there in sort of contemplating epicness (3:48).

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #294 on: October 03, 2007, 09:06:03 pm »
I can't decide whether it was a subtle joke about stereotypical music videos or was one. Sorry guys, don't mean to sound harsh but that's how I feel :(
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Pete

« Reply #295 on: October 03, 2007, 09:13:43 pm »

I know it doesn't, but it does have synths and that piano line that got drowned out :(

Oh well, where there's video ripping, editing and dubbing programs there's a way...

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #296 on: October 03, 2007, 09:26:35 pm »
It would be great if we had a PSP format video (mp4, 480x272), cause my converter sucks.

Offline Jon

« Reply #297 on: October 03, 2007, 09:30:54 pm »
It would be great if we had a PSP format video (mp4, 480x272), cause my converter sucks.

I'm sorting it now. well, the ipod version. Having truoble seeding. damn NAT. will fix!

Offline Waruar

• "You're all going to die."
« Reply #298 on: October 03, 2007, 09:47:58 pm »
Retail version of TTLG is not that bad, IMO... it's just that it sounds much poorer in the youtube video etc due to (I guess) lower quality.
I think the Retail version is a lot better than the original. Mainly because the Retail version's synth parts actually sound like piano and not like something trying to sound like piano.

But yeah, about the video. It wasn't bad at all. Maybe just a little too stereotypical. Though the real problem was that sometimes the stuff happening on the screen didn't sync with the music so well. But not bad for your first music video.  ;)

"I make the angel scream, and the devil cry!"

Offline Pete

« Reply #299 on: October 03, 2007, 09:52:34 pm »
 As far as the video goes, well, just looking over some people's Last.Fm profiles I can see relations between the style and what are apparently some of their favourite artists ;o