Author Topic: 9/11 - not again?  (Read 16720 times)

MDX

Re: 9/11 - not again?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 10:56:23 pm »
Consider yourself banned.

Damn gaijin you're full of signature quotes these days. I don't know which to use :(

(this is not sarcasm, i really don't!)

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 11:08:54 pm »
Consider yourself banned.

Damn gaijin you're full of signature quotes these days. I don't know which to use :(

(this is not sarcasm, i really don't!)

I'm so damn good, it almost hurts sometimes.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Lysix

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 11:09:59 pm »
nono, thats just the massive steel rod thats constantly up your ass :P

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 11:18:09 pm »
nono, thats just the massive steel rod thats constantly up your ass :P

And here i thought it was pure gold, silly me. ;)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Lysix

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 11:21:23 pm »
well someone had to tell you eventually!

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 12:37:05 am »
I belive that the 9/11-thing is a bit overrated. If it had (of some reason) happened in another country, like China or Arabia it would'nt get even not close as near as much attention as it was now when it happened in the US and A.
America is'nt the center of the universe.

There has happened LOT worse disasters and attacks in the world.
Id like you to name ONE attack that caused more damage (physical and ideological) and put more people on alert.  had the worlds largest building been in another country, and had it been destroyed, it would have caused as much of a stir.  and it was a large problem for the world as it was one of the central trading hubs...hence WORLD trade center. you dont like america? fine.  but this is NOT the place for it, in a discussion about one of the countries greatest tragedy.

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 01:58:19 am »
Id like you to name ONE attack that caused more damage (physical and ideological) and put more people on alert.

hiroshima? nagasaki? dresden?

it's only ideological insofar as any "freedom fighters" are ideological.

Yes, it was terrible. but so what? we aren't better people because something terrible happened, and the dick-waving BIGGEST TRAGEDY EVAR movement is just disgusting.

(seriously not directed at anyone here)

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 02:43:23 am »
Terrorism...Most often defined as actions where violence, danger or threat of violence are used towards people or institutions to reach a political purpose without care of civilian casualties. The point of terrorism is to create fear, destruction and/or to reach political instability. By those standards there are several deeds performed that has caused at least as much or more destruction and fear in comparison to the 9/11-flight-navigation-mishap.

Don't get me wrong, it -was- a terrible day and people have a right to mourn. But to cry foul and point the you-hate-america-finger every time someone doesn't think it was the end of the world? That's just silly.

And if you want a great tragedy on your home soil that is greater than the 9/11-attack?

Try asking an Native American what they feel about it.

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007, 04:39:45 am »
I belive that the 9/11-thing is a bit overrated. If it had (of some reason) happened in another country, like China or Arabia it would'nt get even not close as near as much attention as it was now when it happened in the US and A.
America is'nt the center of the universe.

There has happened LOT worse disasters and attacks in the world.
Id like you to name ONE attack that caused more damage (physical and ideological) and put more people on alert.  had the worlds largest building been in another country, and had it been destroyed, it would have caused as much of a stir.  and it was a large problem for the world as it was one of the central trading hubs...hence WORLD trade center. you dont like america? fine.  but this is NOT the place for it, in a discussion about one of the countries greatest tragedy.

Dozens in the World War, US attacks Vietnam.

Some hundred died in the WTC incident. July 2006 about 600,000 Iraqis had been killed since the Iraq invasion started, accordig to http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/
WTC was not the largest building in the world  :P.

Well it had some effect. And it looked quite dramatic. But the news converted it from dramatic to extreme.

No it would'nt have had as much attention in any other country. There has been terrible Train crashes and other disasters here and there that only have had a week or so on the news.
If you think of the Tsunami, it have had about equally as much attention as the 9/11 even if it destroyed an extreme amount of houses and killed thousands.

I like America in some ways, but not politically. Don't feel too offended plz.

I have said mine, and won't fight more for my opinion (to prevent teh flaming).
Some conspiracy links for ya all.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5731506715390484526&hl=en
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58h0LjdMry0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eglobalresearch%2Eca%2Findex%2Ephp%3Fcontext%3DviewArticle%26code%3DMAZ20070503%26articleId%3D5550

EDIT: I removed the most of my links, because i don't like angry people  :angel:.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 06:27:41 pm by Likfisken »

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2007, 05:53:18 pm »
OH COME ON! NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN!

Look, I am sick and tired of hearing this stupid-fucking-piece of shit again!

ANYONE WHO BELIEVE MOVIES SUCH AS LOOSE CHANGE IS A FUCK NUT!

If you are still thinks those conspiracies are true, then I can't help it.

PAGE FUCKING 1
PAGE FUCKING 2
PAGE FUCKING 3
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 06:23:55 pm »
I don't belive them, I just love Conspiracy Theories.
But it's impossoble to get the truth out of anything nowdays.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 06:29:39 pm »
I don't belive them, I just love Conspiracy Theories.
But it's impossoble to get the truth out of anything nowdays.

I didn't say you did either, I just meant in general. If you have seen the "Penn & Teller's: Bullshit" episode about conspiracy theories, then you know what I mean.
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 07:16:53 pm »
I didn't say you did either, I just meant in general. If you have seen the "Penn & Teller's: Bullshit" episode about conspiracy theories, then you know what I mean.

Yes, i've seen it (it's an awsome show btw).

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2007, 11:45:56 pm »
Is it true, that 9/11 tragedy occurred on 11th of September? Or is it another conspiracy theory? ???
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:47:40 pm by yasiekk »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 12:39:36 am »
No, my polish friend, that is a conspiracy. It's called 911 because a Porche 911 got damaged in the attack :P

As for Penn & Teller, yeah, it's a cool show, but it's not exactly unbiased. Don't trust what they say - while they're very good at exposing the lies and cheats of a lot of different people, they also use several of the techniques they point out to be bullshit themselves (for example, I believe they managed to abuse a statistic a couple of episodes before the one about number cheating). They also tend to pick the most crackpot of the lot of whatever they are attacking, and rather than bring evidence against them up for them to answer, just let them talk about their beliefs, with Penn coming with deragotary comments laid on after the interview.

Great entertainment, but remember to think, and to research whatever they claim by yourself. Don't believe what P&T tell you without asking yourself some questions.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic