Author Topic: Reanimator  (Read 16927 times)

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Reanimator
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 06:16:25 am »

first off, THANK YOU

second off, where is that thread where that guy (whoever he was) made all the Redeemer drawings?

there was a good Reanimator with god damn undead in there.

http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com/index.php/topic,2883.0.html
although the pictures seem to have gone :(

:( I've never seen them  :(.

a damn shame... why didn't I save them while they were there?
oh dear me!

most of them were pretty gorgeous.
I'd like to see the guy try again after reading through the Redeemer Interpretations thread

Offline iggMaN^

• I am the emo kid.
  • Community Supporter
  • Die, just fucking die, die, fuck you and die!
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 05:00:13 pm »

first off, THANK YOU

second off, where is that thread where that guy (whoever he was) made all the Redeemer drawings?

oh dear me!

I'd like to see the guy try again after reading through the Redeemer Interpretations thread

Never seen them either.
But considering the feedback, they must be awesome :P

And about me doing a sig of my own, its not that I lack creativity, rather time and skills... :-\

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 07:10:31 pm »

first off, THANK YOU

oh dear me!

Never seen them either.
But considering the feedback, they must be awesome :P

And about me doing a sig of my own, its not that I lack creativity, rather time and skills... :-\

Well, why don't you spend more time getting some skillz rather than hanging around here all day?  ;)

Offline Ingjald

• Coming at you, Woostyle!
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 12:49:21 am »
not sure if it holds true to the epicness of the song itself, it is a Photo-manip.

http://chrono-logix.deviantart.com/art/Reanimator-62412705

Good, but not for the song.
I have always seen Reanimator, as some group of 3-4 people sitting behing a bar bench with all the zombies EVERYWHERE :P
Cuz reanimator is about zombies?

You must have never heard the song before :P

You kiddin? O_o
But yeah, reanimator is about zombies:

that raged within when you were still alive
never mind the cries
listen to the lies
while we’re waiting for the dead to rise

while we wait for them to rise

-----

Now if that is not about zombies, then what the hell is it about? :P

While I like the thought of leaving the interpretation of a particular song to each and oneself, I will here add my two cents.

Reanimator is about ignorance. Reanimator is about passivity, and in the end, Reanimator is about awakening and rebellion. The "dead" in the song symbolizes the vast crowd of people who live in ignorance, who belive everything they are told, who do and think like everyone around them, simply because it easier that way. ("to change takes more than to remain. Therefore we lay -back- in the comfort of our chains"). "Comfort" here being a relative term or,  if you will, a double-edged sword, much like the expression "ignorance is bliss". Life may be easier if you just conform to the masses, but are you really happy that way? And is it what you really want?  The dead are the sheep that politicians want, easily led to where they are wanted, simply because they lack the willpower or incentive to do otherwhise.

The undead that the alternative title mentions are, in fact, not quite the zombies some seem to think. As I see it, the undead are the opposite of the dead, having "awakened", "risen" if you will . The "undead" differs from the "dead" in they form their own opinions, they actively seek knowledge , use their brain to judge what is truth and what is lies out of everything they are told, and the most vital difference is that they do not conform for the sake of conforming. Not afraid to be different. Not afraid to take a stand for what they believe, and not afraid to belive different things. In short, being the ones "who stand out from the rows of wayward and misguided silent souls"

As for the next part of that line "History is shamed by people laying blame to everyone who doesn’t feel the same", I think its obvious who is being blamed for not feeling the same, aswell as who is laying the blame.

and finally, I dont know if it this song in particular, or the band that are supposed to be the "Reanimator", but in either case, this song is supposed to be a wake-up call, for if the masses keep conforming and being passive, they will get to "wake up to the silence after Judgement Day"

I think most of that made sense.....good night, now.

EDIT: Also, it's a nice pic, but I don't think it suits the song.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:46:02 am by Ingjald »
*This sig needs more SID*

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 01:05:42 am »
bzzzzzz, wrong thread.

Offline iggMaN^

• I am the emo kid.
  • Community Supporter
  • Die, just fucking die, die, fuck you and die!
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 05:16:57 pm »
While I like the thought of leaving the interpretation of a particular song to each and oneself, I will here add my two cents.

Reanimator is about ignorance. Reanimator is about passivity, and in the end, Reanimator is about awakening and rebellion. The "dead" in the song symbolizes the vast crowd of people who live in ignorance, who belive everything they are told, who do and think like everyone around them, simply because it easier that way. ("to change takes more than to remain. Therefore we lay -back- in the comfort of our chains"). "Comfort" here being a relative term or,  if you will, a double-edged sword, much like the expression "ignorance is bliss". Life may be easier if you just conform to the masses, but are you really happy that way? And is it what you really want?  The dead are the sheep that politicians want, easily led to where they are wanted, simply because they lack the willpower or incentive to do otherwhise.

The undead that the alternative title mentions are, in fact, not quite the zombies some seem to think. As I see it, the undead are the opposite of the dead, having "awakened", "risen" if you will . The "undead" differs from the "dead" in they form their own opinions, they actively seek knowledge , use their brain to judge what is truth and what is lies out of everything they are told, and the most vital difference is that they do not conform for the sake of conforming. Not afraid to be different. Not afraid to take a stand for what they believe, and not afraid to belive different things. In short, being the ones "who stand out from the rows of wayward and misguided silent souls"

As for the next part of that line "History is shamed by people laying blame to everyone who doesn’t feel the same", I think its obvious who is being blamed for not feeling the same, aswell as who is laying the blame.

and finally, I dont know if it this song in particular, or the band that are supposed to be the "Reanimator", but in either case, this song is supposed to be a wake-up call, for if the masses keep conforming and being passive, they will get to "wake up to the silence after Judgement Day"

I think most of that made sense.....good night, now.

EDIT: Also, it's a nice pic, but I don't think it suits the song.

Yeah, that is acctually what I think aswell, but I still like the zombies... ;)
But yeah, thats probably how it is.

OnT: Made a decent Reanimator pic.
Maybe a little big, but, w/e.

Offline Bavi_H

• Robert Hart's Homepage
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 08:10:51 pm »

If you look around on his site you can find a few of those pictures.

His about page has a portion of the Elite picture redone in black. (I remember what it looked like.)
His pictures page has Fury, Kaori, and Hybrid. (Of course Hybrid wasn't mentioned in the Redeemer post.)
But I couldn't find Reanimator.

(Also: be sure to hover over the small images.)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 10:34:39 pm »
I remember now, those pictures were really something.. very good.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 10:36:11 pm »
I remember now, those pictures were really something.. very good.

Yep. Which is why we need to get hold of Spiff again and roast him over a slow fire until he agrees to put them up again (and tell us why the hell he hasn't been in here for fucking ages)
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 10:42:22 pm »
I agree. I guess hes just busy making a game or somethin

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 07:41:00 am »
I loved Spiff.

I loved him good.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 05:21:32 pm »
Ah, those pics! I've should have guessed.
I've seen them in some Machinae Supremacy DDR Simfiles played in Stepmania. I can see that made them.

Thanks a lot for the link Bavi_H.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:24:43 pm by Likfisken »