Author Topic: Single again.....  (Read 9552 times)

Offline Irrationalist

Single again.....
« on: August 08, 2007, 10:30:59 am »
Since we are talking about love thought I'd share my story.

I'm single again, which means obviously, that I am no longer with Kelsey. Everything just got so crazy.... I still love her but obviously things are just not okay right now...

First college was approaching and I told her that I would be gone soon, and that I would be back down for breaks and vacations that we could continue the relationship still if she wantd, which she did, but then a few days later she gets suicidal. This is where I decided that maybe we needed a break.

I told her we needed a break but that she could still call me if she wanted and if she ever needed me to let me know. She then started screaming at me saying I was leaving her when she needed me most. Later that nite she was telling me I lost her forever and would never hear from her again and she wouldn't see me again, that she was gonna destroy the ring I gave her and burn all the stuff I got her..... then the next day she called my little sis begging her to help her get me back....

Then stuff started getting even ... more odd. She called me the next day and apologized and then was all sweet and nice, tried seducing me a few times (she's sexy, if it wasn't for the circumstances....) and then after that asked if we were still taking a break, to which I bruntly said "Yes.", she tried this a few more times doing the exact same thing, then eventually told me I had lost her forever again....
I called her in the morning the next day telling her we are breaking up, that the break wasn't gonna work out and that we were done.... then the next day things started getting actually frightening....

This was on Im so.... :
------------------------------------------------------------------
Kelsey - I've decided
Kaleb - kk, guess that means we are done forever?
Kelsey -You're going out with me no matter what you say.
Kaleb - That's a rather bizarre thing to say.
Kaleb - You get me in two years : p
Kelsey - Nope
Kelsey - I get you now.
Kelsey -
No matter what you say you're not changing my mind. We're going out and you can tell everybody we're not, and so will I, but we're still going out and together.
Kelsey - ^_^
Kaleb : : p
Kaleb : Well if that's what you wanna think kk lol.
Kelsey : Nope its what I know.
Kelsey : Its what I say we're doing.

Later that night
Kaleb : This whole your mine no matter what scares the shit out of me.
Kelsey : Why?
Kelsey : Because I'm willing to fight for you?
Kelsey : Because I love you and care THAT much?

------------------------------------------------------------------

That whole episode scared the shit out of me.

So this leaves me with a serious question, is this common for serious relationships when they end? Or what?

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
Re: Single again.....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:39:12 am »
She got suicidal, so you decided you needed a break?

Watch your back.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Lysix

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 03:34:54 pm »
you broke up with her when she was suicidal and needed you more than ever.
that was a bad, bad move.
and im sure pasting your IM conversation on a forum wouldn't delight her too much either :P
it seems like she's trying to fight for you, but your only response is "kk lol", which is a bit harsh.

Offline Grimreaper

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:22:39 pm »
Why did she get suicidal? and in what way?
And like someone else said, its a bad bad moment to break things.
If you love her, you stay and help/support/fight for her...
If you dont love her, you leave (but perhaps not in that moment if she got depressed over something)

If someone is depressed, feeling bad, being suicidal, the last thing they need is something depressing (like ones love leaving).
Then things tend to escalate, and she could start to act irradict (or what the word now is...).

Never leave someone you love just cause times got a bit rough...if everyone did thst, no relationship in the World would ever survive 3-5 years...ever.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:26:37 pm »
I think he was asking for advice not where he went wrong, anyway Kaleb the question you asked was if this was a usual way for relationships to end, I would say no.
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 04:55:31 pm »
Hmm aye thats strange :P

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 06:11:46 pm »
Kaleb

"Hi, I'm your room mate Kaleb, I like cutting myself, I bleed a lot."

But yeah, you suck.
DRAMA

Lysix

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 06:36:22 pm »
I think he was asking for advice not where he went wrong, anyway Kaleb the question you asked was if this was a usual way for relationships to end, I would say no.

sometimes, advice is telling someone where they went wrong so they realise not what to do next time.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 09:15:34 pm »
Well before the suicidal thing she was getting abusive and controlling and obvessily as you see towards the end super possesive, which to me isnt "love", makes me feel like an object (which was super fun at times) not a person ya know?

Her friends were telling me later on that it was just a ploy for me not to leave her, which is ironic, because I had no intention of doing so UNTIL she did all the crazy shit. I guess she was worried that I was going to find someone at college, even though I told her I didnt have any intention of doing so. Now Im just gonna try and move on, but maybe I'll see her later when shes a little less crazy.

She doesnt get on the forum anyway so : p Though I did get her into MaSu

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 09:26:27 pm »
Did you tell her you weren't thinking of leaving her?
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 09:42:41 pm »
Yes several times, told her I was completly happy with her, and that she could come move up there when she finished school, I'd come get her, because until just recently she was in my midn perfect.

That has since changed, she still wants me to take her to prom, which I'd like to do so we'll see what happens then, and where it leads us to.

Until then its college time!

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 10:17:57 pm »
I know people who have been in the "can't break up because the person has threatened suicide" situation.

and it always really pisses me off... it's the most un-fair and god damn annoying thing in a break up situation.
Not only do you have to stay with the person so they won't DIE, but you have to suffer through being with them knowing that you are (mentally) broken up with them, but they are in this fantasy world where they think you're still together and happy.

Personally, I'd dump her permanently, Loki... If you stay with her then you'll ALWAYS have that thread of suicide looming over the relationship.  It's doomed from this point IMO.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:21:41 pm by Sirix »

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 10:34:29 pm »
I agree with Sirix. You did nothing wrong; a girl who won't let you leave her is never ever ever someone you want to be with. It's the difference between a dictatorship and a popularly elected leader. You're young and don't have time for that kind of bullshit.

and it is bullshit. with luck, she might reform herself and you can be friends, but as it is she is an unhealthy person and there's probably nothing you can do about it.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 10:39:08 pm »
I imagine it's possibly less to do with being "unhealthy" and more to do with being immature and ill equiped to handle this kinda thing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:42:31 pm by Lexx »
DRAMA

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 10:43:08 pm »
I stick with unhealthy; self-destructive behavior that she's clinging to and likely will continue to cling to. Nobody in their right mind could think that saying the kinds of things she said could lead anywhere happy, and she's now defining herself with delusions and tragedy.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.