Music > Musicians' Section

Buying a guitar.

<< < (3/9) > >>

harvey danger:

--- Quote from: fallout­ on October 05, 2007, 08:23:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: Radicz0r on October 05, 2007, 08:15:12 pm ---I personally think Gibson is pretty shitty compared to other guitars, but you can be a sheep and follow the crowd if you want..

--- End quote ---

It's not following the crowds, I just think if I want to buy a guitar, I shouldnt buy a remake of it, but rather the original model from the original creators. :)

--- End quote ---

Gibson doesn't make a decent guitar for anything under $1000, and if you want a brag-worthy guitar, you'll have to break $2000. They cater to the guitar collection crowd, now.

Be like Rob, by a Fender Fat Strat and put an EMG in the humbucker position. Get an awesome clean sound, and then an awesome metal sound for when you feel like

Jack Lupino:
-rocking out.

Note on the EMG's however, you can also change those for Seymour Duncans. I have these in my Maverick F1 and they sound great!

It has a really good clean tone, and for rockin, the sound is sweet aswell.

harvey danger:

--- Quote from: Radicz0r on October 07, 2007, 06:47:15 pm ----rocking out.

Note on the EMG's however, you can also change those for Seymour Duncans. I have these in my Maverick F1 and they sound great!

It has a really good clean tone, and for rockin, the sound is sweet aswell.

--- End quote ---

I think I accidentally deleted the end of my sentence.  :(

And yes, Seymours are good, as well. I actually prefer those over EMGs, because they're not (usually) active pickups.

Jack Lupino:
Aye, i mean when you're playing a gig and the battery dies out, you're pretty much screwed.

harvey danger:

--- Quote from: Radicz0r on October 08, 2007, 11:43:17 am ---Aye, i mean when you're playing a gig and the battery dies out, you're pretty much screwed.

--- End quote ---

That, and they're not so harsh sounding. But, some people like that, I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version