Author Topic: Annie and an Xbox 360.  (Read 9574 times)

Annie

Annie and an Xbox 360.
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:27:45 pm »
For my birthday, I can't think of anything else I'd really want. A better computer I suppose, but I know I wouldn't get one. And my mom's already agreed to get me a 360, but then apparently forgot about it and so I have to wait an extra month or so, but that's fine, I guess.

And I don't really want a PS3, because there aren't a lot of good games our for it now, and it's crazy expensive.

So I think I want to get a 360, and then at least some of the following games for it that are either for the 360 itself or backwards compatible:

EDIT: Added some games, and crossed some games off thanks to you guys. <3 Much appreciated.

Armored Core 4
Assassin's Creed
( Not out yet, I know )
Blue Dragon
Bullet Witch
Chromehounds
Counter Strike
Crackdown
Dead Rising
Dead Or Alive 4
Doom 3
Enchanted Arms
F.E.A.R.
Fable: Lost Chapters
Gears Of War
( Must Have )
Guitar Hero 2
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Lost Planet
Ninety-Nine Nights
Perfect Dark Zero
Phantasy Star Universe
Prey
Quake 3
Quake 4
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
The Darkness
Elder Scrolls IV; Oblivion
( Must Have )
Viva Pinata

And if they ever make Dino Crisis 3 Backwards-Compatible, then I am definitely getting that as well.

And I was going to have Half-Life 2 on here, but Orangebox is apparently coming out soon and it has both episodes, along with Portal, so I'ma just wait for that.

Am I missing anything? You guys think I should get any other games, or if any of those on my list are totally not worth it?

I can think of like, two PS3 games I'd want. LAIR and MGS4 and maybe Resistance: Fall of Man, but that's it, really. I don't think either of them have come out yet anyways.

And yes, Ryan, I am getting Xbox live.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:49:48 pm by Annie »

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
Re: Annie and an Xbox 360.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 08:56:05 pm »
Well, who would want that half-assed port of Half-Life 2 anyways? ;)

And I can only agree on Halo 3, not being a big X360 fan etc.

I've heard Counter-Strike for Xbox sucked though, but don't trust me too much if I say something sucks bluntly, atleast when it comes to Microsoft products, but I try to be neutral when it comes to (otherwise) good games. ;)
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:27:03 pm »
The "must have" titles out right now, in my honest opinion, are Guitar Hero 2 (I -still- play the crap out of this game. I probably play it more than anything. We throw little miniparties dedicated to Guitar Hero), Gears of War, and Halo 2 (xbox, but backwards compatable).

Preorder Halo 3 for sure (I preordered the legendary one, teehee). I'd also go ahead and preorder Guitar Hero III and Rock Band (the entire rock band bundle is $200 USD, worth it for a guitar, drum set, and a microphone to rock out to though).

Everyone has their own style though, but I find myself playing Guitar Hero 2 more than anything nowadays because it has the longest lifespan of any game I've ever played (even rivaling MMO's for me, and I still play WoW - just sparingly nowadays).

Shadowrun is also pretty awesome, but I play that on Vista. Oblivion is alot of fun, with a considerably long lifespan for a single player game, it doesn't come close to rivaling Guitar Hero 2 in my opinion in overall lifespan, but you will absolutely get MORE than your moneys worth. If you haven't beaten Halo, defenitely grab that too since it'll get you caught up on the story before you head into Halo 2. It's also mad fun.

I agree with you on Assassins Creed though, looks amazing. I need to grab a preorder of that still.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 09:35:55 pm »
See, listen to Drak. He had an Xbox 360, and is a far better choice to listen to.

I feel so... *sniff*
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 09:38:51 pm »
See, listen to Drak. He had an Xbox 360, and is a far better choice to listen to.

I feel so... *sniff*

You should just give in and buy a 360, they're fun toys ;)

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 09:58:01 pm »
You hit it on the dot, lol. My girl is trying to get her own 360 after borrowing mine for a week to play Ninety Nine Nights.

Uhmm hold of on PDZ, it sucked ass. I still play Oblivion, that was my first game. Armored Core 4 is amazing, thats my new gaming lover.

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 12:09:47 am »
I wouldn't advice on PDZ either, it was the first game I got for my XO, and quite an disappointment. It was "OK" to play through, I guess, but had never any intrest in playing the story again, and it sucked in Live.

And about Oblivion... If you didn't like Morrowind much, I guess it'll be ok on the 360. But to me it was, after about 20 hours of playing, a disappointment, too. Small things, that could be easily fixed by mods on the PC, made me lose all desire of playing the game. Like the stupid fuckin' compass ("'Ey, lookit! Thar's a hidden cave in that direction, go check it out! ^_^") and the ridicilous leveling of simple bandits, and the way they get better gear with it. Daedric armour / weapons on some thug that attacks you randomly when you're runnin' along some road? Right...

And imo, Halo 1 is a must have, Halo 2 not so much. But, that's just the opinion of an hardcore Halo: CE fan. :) Get both, I guess, for the story.

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 12:14:03 am »

I feel so... *sniff*

You should just give in and buy a 360, they're fun toys ;)

I HAVE thought about it before, but I've turned it down.

Why? Well, there's only one real game I like that's exclusive to X360, and that's Halo 3. I were going to get one for Gears and for Halo 3. But now, seeing Gears is being released for PC and Mac, that's kinda out of the question. And then there's the money issue: I want both a Wii and a PS3, and I am maybe getting a Wii from my dad, and me and my brother is collecting money for a PS3. Now, from a developer point of view, I am neutral to consoles in general, but I don't really see the need of one from a gamer point of view.

But who knows? My brother's friend from Kalmar is coming here to visit next week or so, and he said that he could possibly bring his X360, along with Gears, PDZ and Kameo. One game I like, and two that's... Meh. ;)

And I agree with Loki and Wiinis. I have tried PDZ, and it wasn't really fun.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 01:47:03 am »
Kameo was actually fun to be honest lol.

I also hated the compass, the bandits leveling. I mean it makes gold useless as you can get AS MUCH as you want, and takes the rarity of glass and daedric.

Get it soon, I want someone to play Armored Core 4 with lol.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 02:02:12 am »
Kameo was actually fun to be honest lol.

Heh, not when I played it. Then again, check my previous posts in this thread. ;)

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 02:30:32 am »
Now, I dont actually have a XBox 360, but I would really advise you not to buy Bullet Witch. The game is around 3-4 hours long, and is overall a really bad way to use your money. It got around 47/100 points from a finnish gaming magazine, and all of the internet reviews I have read about it have given it about 40% of the maximum score.

But anyways, damn I wish I would have a XBox 360 :P
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 02:51:16 am »
At least you waited to get a 360....had a friend that bought one right when they hit the shelves....needless to say it was very expensive and become defective within a month.

EDIT: My friend has Phantasy Star Universe and says that it is not as good as Blue Burst or Episode 1.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:08:20 am by Chronologix »

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 05:21:43 am »
It sadly isnt.

Double Agent was really fun, you might consider that.

So was Lego Star Wars 2 ^^

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 04:47:43 am »
EDIT: My friend has Phantasy Star Universe and says that it is not as good as Blue Burst or Episode 1.

It sadly isnt.

This is the unfortunate truth. Good news, though, is that the next Phantasy Star game coming out will be much more similar to the last few in the series (I refuse to acknowledge Ep. III as a game).

There isn't much more to say, other than to re-emphasize what other people said in here. Bullet Witch is a no-no. I'd advise against Ninety-Nine Nights (and this is coming from someone that liked the Kingdom Under Fire games). As well, you can scratch PDZ off the list.

I'd say not to get Chromehounds just because very few people ever play it anymore, and after Halo 3 hits, nobody's gonna be playing (this seems to be the sad truth with lots of games).

As Bocom said, yes, Counter Strike for Xbox sucked.  ;) Definitely save for Half-Life 2: Orangebox, though.

I thought Doom 3 was a bit of a disappointment.

Enchanted Arms got so-so reviews. If you need an RPG to hold you over until Blue Dragon comes out, then I guess you can go for it.

F.E.A.R. was all right, but I didn't like the PC or the 360 version, so meh.

Fable: Lost Chapters is good, but beware of save corruption on the game.

Not much to say on Lost Planet. I didn't really enjoy the singleplayer demo, but multiplayer was decent.

The rest are good choices, I think. Like Loki said, I'd throw Splinter Cell: Double Agent on there, as the multiplayer is a blast. Lego Star Wars games are good with other people to play with, but I believe Traveler's Tales is putting out an anthology game, so you may want to hold off on that.

Lately I've been stuck on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. It took me a while to get into it (because I didn't have anyone to play with), but now I'm addicted. And I'm expanding my comic book knowledge as I play!  :D I can see why it got such good reviews, at least.

Shadowrun is decent, and there's a patch coming this week to aid with the online play problems. I don't play it, but my cousin loves it.

I have yet to buy Guitar Hero II, but I'm not even going to bother, since Guitar Hero III has already been announced for this Fall, and Rock Band is coming out before that.

And yes, Ryan, I am getting Xbox live.

<3
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 09:26:59 am »
I actually liked 99 nights. It was sort but fun, if you can find it cheap......

Wait I forgot Crackdown, that game was super fun. EXPECIALLY Co-op, lmao!

I also really really loved Dead Rising.