Author Topic: Buying of guitar  (Read 7204 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Buying of guitar
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 03:08:15 pm »
Hiya

I finaly decided what to buy so i got this honey yesterday:

http://vividguitars.com/stefani.html

Youll might think its abit wank but haha you should really feel it irl, it's not what you think ;)

However, now when I've picked up guitar playing again for real i've found some issues... !

Well you know (those who plays the fast parts of a melody, solo for example) how do you do to not like slip on the plektrum, usaly my fingers ends to be so close to the guitar strings after awhile that i gotta take a 1.5 sec break to put it back...wich of course doesnt sound relly kwl :P.

My fingers gets pretty sweathy while playing so mabye there's something against that? like "lime powder" (calcium or whatever its spelled in english:P ) ? (kalk in swedish)
Well !
Its a common problem.. grab your pic better, or buy a new pic that has been covered in magnesium.

Just keep practising the problems will go away ^_^

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 11:39:41 pm »
Hiya

Youll might think its abit wank but haha you should really feel it irl, it's not what you think ;)

However, now when I've picked up guitar playing again for real i've found some issues... !

Well you know (those who plays the fast parts of a melody, solo for example) how do you do to not like slip on the plektrum, usaly my fingers ends to be so close to the guitar strings after awhile that i gotta take a 1.5 sec break to put it back...wich of course doesnt sound relly kwl :P.

My fingers gets pretty sweathy while playing so mabye there's something against that? like "lime powder" (calcium or whatever its spelled in english:P ) ? (kalk in swedish)
Well !
Its a common problem.. grab your pic better, or buy a new pic that has been covered in magnesium.

There's always those pics with the molded "grips," too.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 11:41:07 pm »
Hiya

Well !

There's always those pics with the molded "grips," too.
Yes there most certainly are !
But i wouldn't go for that because they're too gotdamn thick :P

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 09:51:44 am »
Lol. Which ones did you try? Some are made with the tip of the plectrum thinner than the grip part.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 06:14:40 pm »
Lol. Which ones did you try? Some are made with the tip of the plectrum thinner than the grip part.
Troo. Well i don't have these kind of problems so i didn't really check out all kinds of freaky picks  8)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 08:30:18 pm »
Troo. Well i don't have these kind of problems so i didn't really check out all kinds of freaky picks  8)

FELT PICS FTW

If you get the opportunity, I suggest trying Pickboy pics. They're interesting to hold, to say the least.  :)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 09:05:52 pm »
playing guitar isn't interestign enough for me! simply holding a plectrum must be fascinating!!!