Author Topic: Buying of guitar  (Read 7463 times)

Offline pomser

Buying of guitar
« on: July 21, 2007, 03:43:47 pm »
Hello

I've been playing for about five years now and i really feel that i need to swich guitar for something better, mine is getting old and im terribly boored of it.

Anyways, Im willing to spend up to1100$ (8000 SEK) on my new guitar. I'd like one that's pretty easy played and (of course) good looking, black prefered.

I have checked out this one and it seems really good:

http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/BlackJackC-1_CC-687ffe625adb4ade97ec162efc198502.jpg

but I dont know for sure yet, what you think of this one? Would you prefer something else?

Any advices what i should think of while buying my new guitar or any kind of information about the guitar would make me a happy bear :)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Buying of guitar
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 07:30:37 pm »
Good looking and black preferred.. those two do not match.

But i'm willing to ignore that like nothing happened for this once and sum up some awesome guitars that might give you an idea or two.

The ESP LTD EC1000, Vintage Black, A very awesome guitar, and... EMG's !

This baby is 999,- Euros.

• Set-neck construction
    24.75” Scale
    Mahogany body
    3-piece mahogany neck
    Rosewood fingerboard
    Abalone flag inlays w/model name at 12th fret
    EMG 81/60 active pickups
    2 volume & 1 tone control with 3-way toggle
    Gold hardware
    Sperzel locking tuners
    Earvana compensated nut
    TonePros locking bridge with stop tailpiece
    Binding on body neck & headstock
    24 XJ frets

Or the Maverick F1 ! I bought one yesterday and man am i impressed.

I have this one in Picalilly Yellow though.

Features :

• Special Feature 2  Roller Tone and Volume Controls 
    Neck  One Piece Maple 
    Finger Board  AAA Grade Indian Rosewood 
    Frets  24 
    Bridge  Floyd Rose 
    Body  Basswood 
    Hardware  Chrome 
    Pickups  2 A-Type Custom Humbuckers 
    Machine Heads  Maverick Die-Cast 

I have custom Seymour Duncan pickups on mine.

Ibanez ! You can NOT think of buying a guitar, and not thinking of ibanez.

It has some great guitars in every price class..

The J&M (JEM) Is the vai signature guitar, you know, with the handle. AWww feck it, ill put a picture up.

http://www.guitarattic.com/Guitars/Ibanez%20Jem77BMR.jpg
- Its too big for here.
(beware this one is a tad expensive.)

Well i don't really know what kind of music you play but these guitars are pretty allround.

Good luck :P

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:48:19 pm »
That ESP really does look amazing... what is it with you and yellow on guitars tho? :p

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:01:50 am »
That ESP really does look amazing... what is it with you and yellow on guitars tho? :p
I only have 1 yellow guitar :P and thats the maverick F1 listed above, that picutre is in red :D

Plus, mine has custom pickups :P

But truly, my guitar looks awesome, like a lamborghini :P

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 02:51:31 am »
That EC1000 has yellow on it! it's a conspiracy!!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 03:03:22 am »
That EC1000 has yellow on it! it's a conspiracy!!
Its gold, and it has EMG pickups so thats kinda.. controversional ? :P

Its like a man with a pink shirt with a beer logo on it.. It balances :D

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 06:10:19 pm »
I got a new guitar yesterday. It's white. Plugs into my xbox. Has five big colorful buttons on it.

*sigh*

I should learn to play the Guitar. So much you can do with them and all around fun to play it seems. I haven't even touched my keyboards in a few months. I think I seriously need to start learning something new.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 06:16:13 pm »
Well.. Its definately versatile and fun.. But it will take time.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 08:19:50 pm »
Well.. Its definately versatile and fun.. But it will take time.

All things worth learning typically do. :)

I've just lost touch with my musical creativity lately and need something to bring it back. Problem is I don't have time to really go to lessons. I work alot, I'm in the process of moving, and I'm about to start the whole college thing. I'm not sure how realistic it is to self-teach yourself guitar, even with resources available (dvd/software) im not sure how effective those will be at teaching me to play - which is the main reason I've never taken the plunge.

With keyboards, I was able to self teach myself with limited lessons. Synth stuff is not too terribly hard to do. I was no Gordon, of course, but I could still enjoy it and make music. But I didn't feel like I could do enough to justify the time and expense anymore? I'm not sure what made me fall out a bit on that.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 11:24:09 pm »
dude, I am one of the least musical people I know and I taught ymself to play guitar. I can't play particularly well, but I can play well enough to play along to songs and write my own basic tunes. IF you can already play the keyboard, I say go for it!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 11:45:44 pm »
dude, I am one of the least musical people I know and I taught ymself to play guitar. I can't play particularly well, but I can play well enough to play along to songs and write my own basic tunes. IF you can already play the keyboard, I say go for it!

I may give it a whirl. Gotta find something offordable but decent though.

I know squat about guitars. I know I like the sound of Machinae Supremacy, My Chemical Romance, etc.

My friend is a killer guitar player, but he plays with so much distortion i cant even tell what hes playing when he does that crap. And its all very "low". I'd rather avoid that kinda stuff, personally.

But then again, I ain't got the cash flow to go out and buy a $1,000 USD guitar to learn on :P

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 07:20:35 am »

I may give it a whirl. Gotta find something offordable but decent though.

I know squat about guitars. I know I like the sound of Machinae Supremacy, My Chemical Romance, etc.

My friend is a killer guitar player, but he plays with so much distortion i cant even tell what hes playing when he does that crap. And its all very "low". I'd rather avoid that kinda stuff, personally.

But then again, I ain't got the cash flow to go out and buy a $1,000 USD guitar to learn on :P

You can always look at Alix's thread from a few weeks ago to see a few suggestions. Basically, if you just wanna stick to beginner guitars and see how you like it, stick with lower-priced Epiphone, Ibanez, or Squier guitars. Those kits that they sell with 10-15 watt amps and straps and whatnot are actually pretty decent deals for someone just starting off. If you want something that might last you longer, I'd suggest looking into guitar stores in your area and buying something used.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 01:19:37 am »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XJ_e_n4v60E

Urp testdriving my new guitar :P

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 02:41:18 am »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XJ_e_n4v60E

Urp testdriving my new guitar :P

DAMNIT RAD, THIS ISN'T THE TIME OR PLACE FOR YOU TO BE AWESOME AT GUITAR.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline pomser

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 02:31:40 pm »
Hiya

I finaly decided what to buy so i got this honey yesterday:

http://vividguitars.com/stefani.html

Youll might think its abit wank but haha you should really feel it irl, it's not what you think ;)

However, now when I've picked up guitar playing again for real i've found some issues... !

Well you know (those who plays the fast parts of a melody, solo for example) how do you do to not like slip on the plektrum, usaly my fingers ends to be so close to the guitar strings after awhile that i gotta take a 1.5 sec break to put it back...wich of course doesnt sound relly kwl :P.

My fingers gets pretty sweathy while playing so mabye there's something against that? like "lime powder" (calcium or whatever its spelled in english:P ) ? (kalk in swedish)