Author Topic: Rockcock  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Rockcock
« on: July 19, 2007, 07:50:06 pm »
They keep two-day music fest here in Kuopio next week 27th and 28th of July. I really like some of the bands that play there:

http://www.kuopiorock.com/artistit.html

...but I'm still not sure whether I bother to go there. Sure, it's just around corner, it's essential to support such local rock happening, it's not too expensive and I really like some of the bands. So it's seems like a very good deal. Problem is that I'm not physically in top shape, I'm doing nightshifts just before that festival (which usually lowers my strength even more) and getting out is such a pain in the ass nowadays when babysitting and every other major details is going to be taken into consideration. Plus I have kinda agreed to meet some of my friends during that Friday in other figures. Damn.

But anyhow, if any of you is in Kuopio visit there, it'll be great show.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Smogelore

• Too Drunk To FSCK
Re: Rockcock
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »
ill be working there... carryin band stuff on and off stage. how neat is that!  ;D
HAY!!! who stole my avatar... again...

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 05:11:39 pm »
I think you should go, sicne I missed our local music festival (it's happening right now!!)  :(

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 01:20:11 am »
ill be working there... carryin band stuff on and off stage. how neat is that!  ;D
Real neat! Whole fest have grown in two years like... well... Something. I read that they're planning even bigger one next year so things are looking good in future as well. There's lots of rock- and heavy-people in Kuopio so it's good to have such fest here. Kuopio attracts lots of people from adjacent countryside and neighbour cities as well. We have our wine festival, dance festival and rock festival - former two attract lots of people already and this rock festival kinda perfects the picture of Kuopio as summer city of culture.

I think you should go, sicne I missed our local music festival (it's happening right now!!)  :(
I really would love to but I fear that's not possible. Today I did nothing but slept. After nightshift I looked after our son two hours (so that my wife could do some of her gigs) before he went to grandmother so that my wife could work and I could sleep. Then I slept until 19.00 (that's 'bout ten hours of sleep). After that I still felt like a shit - limp, unenergetic and tired. Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with me (with my physical health, that is). It all started last weekend when I got somekind of stomach flu with fever and it threw me in quite a bad shape. It only lasted for three days but it was rough... I almost fainted one night (I did black out but did not fall from my seating). Now everything seems to be fine but I feel real fatiqued. Doing nightshifts ain't helping either... I can do them thou, barely. So I guess I won't be able to go there.

Offline Smogelore

• Too Drunk To FSCK
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:23:57 pm »
It was f*ckin awesome! even when i had to carry stuff on stage.

Sepultura had lots of big, expensive and HEAVY weight stuff to carry, other band had too some heavy things... can't believe how much just a guitar/bass head can weight...

and if any of you were at the main stage (aka. Irc-Galleria stage) i was that blonde haired guy wearing a black armycap
HAY!!! who stole my avatar... again...

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 10:49:34 am »
Yeah, I heard it was fun all the way from my friends (totalling 5) who were there. Too bad I could not get there but had to guardian the sleep of my son. Maybe next year I have better luck with babysitting issues and with my health.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 10:52:52 pm »
Hahaa! Rockcock is here again! http://www.rockcock.fi/
Bands are awesome http://www.rockcock.fi/artistit.html , including Turmion Kätilöt and Korpiklaani!

And this year I will be there unless something goes horribly wrong. I got my work shifts in order, whole weekend is free! Wife doesn't attend at friday so she watches over our kid that day and I'm going to ask my mother if he could watch over him from saturday to sunday so she could go there with me at saturday. Bunch of friends are going to be there, so everything seems quite good atm. Now I have only to get tickets and hope that nothing sinister appears.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:50:03 am »
Damn, what a lineup! Make sure to watch Mustasch as well.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 01:21:12 pm »
Yearly status update! This years Rockcock presents these bands, there's still few more coming up :
http://www.kuopiorock.fi/artistit.php
When I heard about first bands there was not that many interesting bands and I was disappointed. Now it seems that there's already few good reasons to go (Verjnuarmu, Turmionkätilöt, Poisonblack etc...) so this summer seems covered to me :)

And btw evilcandybag ; I did watch Mustasch last year and it was OH YEAH :D Liked it lot! They were real cool!

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 01:58:09 pm »
Haha Klamydia, awesome :D what's even more awesome is Misfits are playing :O
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 12:14:30 pm »
I'm participating again this year. First day's over already and 2nd one is starting. Again there's lots of good bands playing : http://www.kuopiorock.com/artistit.php . Yesterday there were 5000 people attending, this day expectancy > 8000. If only Machinae Supremacy were there it would be perfect :)