Author Topic: Hitman Movie  (Read 9446 times)

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
Hitman Movie
« on: July 08, 2007, 11:34:00 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHjfLG21HH8

Timothy Olyphant? He looks nothing like I expect 47 to look.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: Hitman Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 12:20:34 pm »
Timothy Olyphant? He looks nothing like I expect 47 to look.

Or sound, either.

Funny that I saw the preview for this during "Live Free or Die Hard," where Olyphant plays the main villain.

I love him as an actor, though. I'm sure he can pull it off, even if he does look weird bald.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 12:20:34 am »
His face does look a bit too soft, in my opinion.

As for Die Hard, I didn't like Olyphant as the main villain there. That was probably more due to how the character was scripted, though. He just wasn't a good bad guy.

Now, I'm using Alan Rickmans Hans Gruber as a comparision, and Alan Rickman is great at playing bad guys.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 12:40:43 am »
His face does look a bit too soft, in my opinion.

As for Die Hard, I didn't like Olyphant as the main villain there. That was probably more due to how the character was scripted, though. He just wasn't a good bad guy.

Now, I'm using Alan Rickmans Hans Gruber as a comparision, and Alan Rickman is great at playing bad guys.

I can agree with that... I actually felt kinda bad when Tom Gabriel died, just because he didn't seem to be all that bad of a bad guy.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 01:33:16 am »
Wtf, they were better off with austin powers than that guy..

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 01:53:42 am »
I could see Jason Statham as 47. ;)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 02:09:16 am »

STOP READING MY MIND, DAMNIT! ;D
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 02:10:15 am »

Could be worse. I could be spillin' my (your) guts about the fantasies you've been havin' .. ;)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 02:52:26 am »
You know, I once discussed candidates for playing 47 in a movie, and Stratham was my choice as well.

I doubt, however, that this movie will be any good. 47 is just not a good subject for a movie. The games are great, but I feel the basic storyline concept would not work well for a movie.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 03:09:21 am »

Jason's already in another movie with Jet Li named "War" (even though Jet Lie said he was retiring?). I dunno if I could see him as 47, though. His jaw isn't square enough.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 03:54:06 am »

He would be awesome, probably Vin Diesel could pull it off too.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 10:32:56 am »
I don't know much about Timothy Olyphant except for what he looks like in the trailer. I've been assured that he's a good actor, though. Personally I would've liked to see David Bateson as agent 47. I mean the guy obviously sounds exactly like 47, what with being his voice actor, and he looks kind of like him, too. Certainly more than Olyphant.

However, I'm more concerned about the plot. What's with this "Strike down evil wherever it goes" and killing "To bring us peace" thing? Perhaps they thought that it wouldn't be very proper to make a movie about a cold blooded contract killer and fixed the matter by making him save the world and actually managed to do it properly, or the trailer gave a bad impression of the movie's plot. I, of course, hope that the movie will do justice to the games, but feel extremely sceptical about the plot at the moment.

Also, too many explosions. It almost seems like they're making a new Mission: Impossible out of this.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 11:08:50 am »

Jason's already in another movie with Jet Li named "War" (even though Jet Lie said he was retiring?).

jet li only said he was retiring from making martial arts epics like Hero or the one that they kept saying he was retiring after. it confused me too, but he did say he'd keep doing regular movies.

i agree that this movie looks like it'll fall flat. except for the CG wording, it kinda just looks like college film students shot some scenes and then cut in a bunch of explosions from other movies.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 04:20:08 pm »

Vin Diesel seems to be the obvious choice. The one thing that stops me imagining Jason Stratham as 47 is that I cant really picture him clean shaven. He always has to have a bit o stubble going on.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 09:34:06 pm »

Vin Diesel seems to be the obvious choice. The one thing that stops me imagining Jason Stratham as 47 is that I cant really picture him clean shaven. He always has to have a bit o stubble going on.

Hair and beard.  :P