Author Topic: Anyone up for some GoW ?! o.O  (Read 4260 times)

Offline TimeFlower

Anyone up for some GoW ?! o.O
« on: June 13, 2007, 02:12:52 pm »
Im in now >_> so just add me or something =P (gamertag:TimeFlower)
Hold! hammertime!

MDX

Re: Anyone up for some GoW ?! o.O
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:33:20 pm »
Sec buying xbox 360 and GoW.

Man that game is fucking immense, ill def be buying an xbox 360 in newcastle england and some GoW! Wonder how the internet connecting works through it.. In terms of how you pay for it, or can you use your current internet connection to go online.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:07:03 pm »
Sec buying xbox 360 and GoW.

Man that game is fucking immense, ill def be buying an xbox 360 in newcastle england and some GoW! Wonder how the internet connecting works through it.. In terms of how you pay for it, or can you use your current internet connection to go online.

You gotta pay monthly for Live! subscription. Meh.

Newcastle eh? meetup? b33r?

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 08:28:36 pm »
It's £40 for a year... which works out as... *calculates* £3.33 per month. How anybody can complain about that is beyond me...

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 08:50:39 pm »
It's £40 for a year... which works out as... *calculates* £3.33 per month. How anybody can complain about that is beyond me...

It's the whole point of actually paying that £40 for a years worth of playing when you're already paying £10-20 a month for perfectly good internet which you probably use a lot more often than the Xbox.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 09:31:56 pm »
That's the reason you pay less for live.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 09:33:32 pm »
I still cant justify forking out £40 for a year of something you probably wont play much. (in my case, anyway. pc > consoles)

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 09:41:15 pm »
My problem with it is that I don't see why I should pay for something most companies offer for free.

But then, I don't have an xbox 360 so meh.
DRAMA

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 11:28:18 pm »
I don't like the idea of paying for something that has always been free before. ~tima The only advantage I can see is when developers/publishers go poof the games can still be played online if Microsoft is maintaining the servers. ~tima
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 12:04:15 am »
The money is going towards more than just server maintenance. The amount of other content offered on Live (TV shows, videos, demos, arcade games, etc.) is more than you'd get just playing a game in multiplayer.

I still cant justify forking out £40 for a year of something you probably wont play much. (in my case, anyway. pc > consoles)

There's plenty of people that do play often, though.

And if I recall correctly, a silver membership still allows for free multiplayer gaming on the weekends?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 12:28:18 am »
The money is going towards more than just server maintenance. The amount of other content offered on Live (TV shows, videos, demos, arcade games, etc.) is more than you'd get just playing a game in multiplayer.

All of which I have no use for nor do I want. I just want to play my games - nothing more, nothing less. ~tima Perhaps they should offer a tiered service, one with just playing games online and one with the other crap? ~tima
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:33:38 am by Einkoro »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 12:29:45 am »

All of which I have no use for nor do I want. I just want to play my games - nothing more, nothing less. ~tima

Of course not, because that permits you to be stubborn.  :P
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 12:30:15 am »
You can get all that shit on the internet anyway.

I'm not one of them :P

And if I recall correctly, a silver membership still allows for free multiplayer gaming on the weekends?
It does? First time I heard..  :-\

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 12:35:35 am »
A night out costs about 10 pounds...

it's great value ;o
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 12:47:28 am »
You can get all that shit on the internet anyway.

Legally. >_>

I'm not one of them :P

You should be, damnit. We need a all-forum Gears tourney or something.

It does? First time I heard..  :-\
[/quote]

I believe so. I remember debating whether or not I would want to just play on the weekends or pay for all 12 months. Hm.