Author Topic: Mascircumcision  (Read 8411 times)

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
Re: Mascircumcision
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 11:01:04 pm »
Well they did fight for independance without realising that most of their economy was from the British Empire, it would still be fine if we were still there

I hope you're seriously kidding.
I seriously hope you go to confessional every day to make amends with God for saying that, because if not, you're going to hell.

I'm sorry but you can't say people refuse to accept fault when you yourself don't know when or who to blame for the right things

ffs, look at the choices they had.

Option One: The rich white rulers have economic stability while the natives live in squalor, fearing for their personal safety because the government is hell-bent on suppressing them to the umpteenth level.

Option Two: Fight for independence, risk a very probably death, and further economic instability in order to get the right to, oh, i don't know, BE IN A ROOM WITH MORE THAN ONE OTHER PERSON.

things were not "fine" when the British were directly ruling colonies in Africa.  A Lorenz Curve analysis of the African economy would have given you about an 89 degree angle of wealth seperation.  Or, in other words, the black population owns literally nothing (you couldnt even own property for a house.  or the walls of a house.  or your own t-shirt.  that was all owned by the whites.), wheras the whites owned everything.

Before you make such incredibly loaded and racially insensitive, aparteid-endorsing remarks, consider doing a little research.

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_curve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banned_person#Banned_persons_under_Apartheid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rian_malan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Biko
just as a start
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 11:06:29 pm by not12x »

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 11:36:55 pm »
who said i was being racially insensitive? I don't give a shit about colour, I'm not even considered 'white' myself

And i bet if they could, the African citizens would want it back the way it was, because, to be honest they haven't done themselves any favours, what's the point in having rights if you can't even excersise them? If we had control over them today they'd be treated a lot better because of the way it's been brought to our attention through the media of how they are treated, back then media was very controlled by the Government where as it isn't now.

Option one sounds like where i live except it goes a little more like: The rich white rulers have economic stability while the natives live in squalor, fearing for their personal safety because the government is hell-bent on doing fuck all for the new epidemic of youth gangs that go around robbing and killing. So what? don't see me crying about it all the time or anyone from the UN saying something must be done about, life isn't about living comfortably, it's about surviving in it whatever circumstance you are in
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 11:54:38 pm »
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

I really want to argue this, but it seems we both are of two different schools of thought.  And, while I generally enjoy discussions with those who feel differently than myself, I find the fact that you are equating the economic divisions in England as equal to the socioeconomic divisions in Africa quite... distasteful.

The difference is that in Africa, it's not internalized.  The oppressors in England/America/Western World are the upper class, oppressing the lower class.  In Africa, it's foreign powers.  Essentially, Africa is *still* a British/American/French colony; it just doesn't have the military protection or side spending on internal development. 

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not the Africans who haven't done themselves any favors, it's the West whose been continuously raping (with protection, so we don't get economic AIDS) Africa every single day, so they don't have a CHANCE to improve.

So, no, you're wrong.

But we're off topic.

Everyone should get circumcised.  Being Jewish is fun.  And, if i wasn't of the mindset to cut off my own penis, i would much rather have a Jewish Mr. Meaty than an uncircumcised Mr. Meaty.  /sarcasm
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 11:58:33 pm by not12x »

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 12:22:20 am »
Partly by westerners' fault and partly by their own.

Nope.  Entirely our fault.

Except that they make their own decisions. I can give it to you that it's -mostly- our fault, but they're the ones holding the AKs.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Lysix

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 02:14:10 am »
....you expect..finland.. to do that?

Nope!

PWNT!

Silence! You're already fighting one argument in this thread :P

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2007, 02:21:54 am »
Well we weren't really arguing, and our discussion is over now, not12x i'm not saying it's the Western worlds fault, i'm just saying it's not completely there's

What are the actual benefits to being circumcised?
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Lysix

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 02:24:33 am »
Being a jew, of course!

Oh, and apparantly it eliminates the need to clean as much down there. :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:26:51 am by Alix__ »

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 05:01:35 am »
Being a jew, of course!

Someone told me that there's less of a chance of getting some kind of infection (from the not needing to clean).
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2007, 10:45:24 am »
Being a jew, of course!

Someone told me that there's less of a chance of getting some kind of infection (from the not needing to clean).

and basically that's the extent of the difference.

that is to say, some possible vague health benefits.
 both camps claim their way makes sex better, but pretty much nothing is conclusively beneficial one way or the other.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2007, 12:26:42 pm »
temporary? you expecting africa to rise up as some motherlord ruling power of the world sometime soon? ;)

As you can see there is no big difference in death rate or life expectation if you look it both in aspects of time and geography. Current estimations are that lifetime expectation in Finland is going to drop dramatically because there will be no enough money nor doctors and nurses to maintain this high level of healthcare we have now. What we are experiencing now is short peak that was made possible by economical growth and population growth (there has been more youngsters per geezer to look after them & pay their treatments). Our population growth has decreased which means there is less workers and less money (to support those who don't work). People will die younger and pension will be something only few can achieve in my age group.

It's not the sudden rise of the Africa but sudden dive of Finland. But, of course, if you had read my post you would not know that already and avoided such a question which is already answered. Just read it. There's lots of fascinating statistics there.

Oh, and apparantly it eliminates the need to clean as much down there. :P[/size]
Well... Lovers of those who are circumcised would probably like more cleaning down there :D

Anyway, circumcision is something that's done either for religious or cultural reasons. Also, if foreskin is too tight (which is quite rare case) it can be done for medical reasons. Every other reason is purely religious, cultural or aesthetic.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 12:31:03 pm by Gravehill »
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.