Author Topic: Rhapsody Of Fire  (Read 3524 times)

Offline WalmartSecurity

Rhapsody Of Fire
« on: June 08, 2007, 02:07:44 am »
They are Symphonic power metal... or as they like to put it, "Hollywood metal". Their lyrics are purely high fantasy-oriented, you know, dragons, fire and magic swords? XD I'll tell you this now, I don't know how I couldn't have found a band like this before a couple months ago... I am big on high fantasy, so this is perfect for me...

Each of their albums is an entire story, or a part of one. If someone felt motivated enough, they could write a novel based on the lyrics, and stories posted on their website.

I think that they are the best at what they do, which is symphonic power metal with fantasy lyrics, and some highly skilled musicians...

give your (constructive) thoughts on Rhapsody Of Fire  ;D

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
Re: Rhapsody Of Fire
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 02:12:00 am »

Nah, I kid.  Rhapsody is fun, though a bit too gimmicky for my tastes.  Still a good band to dance around naked to.  Which i don't, which is why I don't listen to them.

And, fyi, there is an extensive backstory to all of their stuff.  One of the band members *does* write novellas and novels about the stuff they sing about, but it's not publically available.  and it's in Italian.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:25:15 am »
Oh gods, now I feel old... last time I listened to Rhapsody was like 5-7 years ago or so... Liked it at the time, though seems too gimmicky and pompous now that I look back on it. Nanowar of Steel does a decent parody of them, which I'd much rather listen to ;). But to each their own, I guess. I'm not the Secret Music Police out to covertly execute anyone whose tastes do not agree with mine ;D
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline WalmartSecurity

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 02:28:54 am »
actually, i have emerald fork on my In The Groove game. It's funny ^^

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 03:32:50 am »
is the full band name Rhapsody Of Fire?

I always though it was just Rhapsody.

?

anyway, yeah.. I used to like them... but now I only really like "The Wizard's Last Rhymes".

the rest got really gimmicky, as Tall said.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 07:48:26 am »
They recently changed it to rhapsody of fire cause... something. some other band, but then they tried to say "well the 'of fire' really represents us better anyway" etc.

nanowar then changed their name to nanowar of steel.

i think they're fun in moderate dosages, but take themselves far too seriously.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 08:05:50 am »
They changed the name because of the music service, Rhapsody, not some other band. Stupid reason, stupid name - I refuse to change them in my library to the new name.

If you like Rhapsody try Luca Turilli (what an ego to name a band after yourself or just lack of creativity) and Dreamquest. Both are projects by Luca Turilli of Rhapsody.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:08:03 am by Einkoro »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline WalmartSecurity

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 05:11:33 pm »
luca turilli (the band) is awesome. I love the singers voice, even if it isn't the best sounding voice in the world. Ya, i don't like to call them rhapsody of fire but they chose to change their name, and it's more fantastical now XD

moderate doses? i listen to rhapsody and luca turilli every day, and i still love them the same as when i first heard them. I'll never get sick of em as long as they keep making music :P

Offline allochthomas

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 08:23:31 pm »
just bought their new live DVD: tales form the enchanted lands, i must say those are some fucking sweet concerts.
they'd better get their asses to holland  :P

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 02:07:51 am »
Oh gods, now I feel old... last time I listened to Rhapsody was like 5-7 years ago or so...

Same here. I recently aquired Dawn of Victory though, and it's a great throwback to those old days.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline WalmartSecurity

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 07:39:51 pm »
Only thing I really have to complain about is they need a more consistant drummer to play live. The one they have can get very out of wack with the double bass.

If Dragonforce breaks up then my first vote would be their drummer XD