Author Topic: Fallout 3!  (Read 29445 times)

MDX

Re: Fallout 3!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 04:47:19 pm »
It makes a sexy time in mechs pants!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 03:10:42 pm »
This game's storyline looks a shitload like stalker

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 05:29:04 pm »
This game's storyline looks a shitload like stalker

Um, no it doesn't? Other than "leaving a safe place to find someone". Perhaps you're thinking about the setting? In which case yes, they are a bit alike, because Fallout is set in the future where pretty much the whole world has been nuked to hell.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 05:38:48 pm »
So.. really, whats your opinion now, yes or no make up your mind! :D

Yeah. I meant the setting, the enviroment, the looters..

The storyline not that much.. I like how they thought of the Vaults and stuff, Fallout has a cool story.
But some stuff is kinda weird, i read that you're Vaultboy 101, then your dad leaves or something, you get threathened with jailtime so ..

You leave the vaults to look for your dad ?

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 06:48:01 pm »
Evidently. The game wouldn't be much fun if all you were allowed to do in the game is run around the Vault until you get bored. ;D
edit: yeah, I know what you meant, but I couldn't help myself ;)

But yeah, the similarities are there. Perhaps because they both draw inspiration from post-apocalyptic science fiction, or perhaps the makers of Stalker got inspired by the earlier Fallout games? I have no idea.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 03:32:14 am »
Goddamn this is some major thread rez. You'll like this anyways I hope =P

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40443

This is prolly just for g33ks like me who claims that gaming was better a few years ago, but still if you haven't tried fallout 2 or if you want to play it again, this is teh l33t mod. Gives you something to do until teh fallout 3 release.

Offline cherko

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 03:48:59 am »
Fallout is a great game. I liked Morrowind (haven't tried Oblivion due to insane specs... well, insane to me), but I hope Fallout 3 won't turn out anything like it. I guess I just can't stand the thought of it being in 3D, I'm sort of a 2D enthusiast.

Think I'll try this mod when I'm done with Baldur's Gate. Thanks, dezo.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 05:38:54 am »
I think i only played Tactics....don't know if that has any relevance :/

I didn't mind it...it was a bit hard to understand at first though

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 07:14:01 am »
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40443

Aye, that mod looks awesome. Been trying to get it working on my laptop to try it at "work", not much success. Stupid wireless adapter.
DRAMA

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 09:43:41 pm »
I think i only played Tactics....don't know if that has any relevance :/
There's not.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 11:11:38 pm »
But yeah, the similarities are there. Perhaps because they both draw inspiration from post-apocalyptic science fiction, or perhaps the makers of Stalker got inspired by the earlier Fallout games? I have no idea.
Or perhaps the makers of Stalker got inspired by the original Stalker book and the movie Stalker that has been made from that book? The book is quite a nice book, one of the first sci-fi books ever :P. And also, both the movie and the book are made in yer good ol' Soviet Union. But yes, the book is quite different from the game, as in the book The Zone(s) is(are) there because of aliens visited Earth and left right after they came. And then they left all kind of weird stuff there and people are trying to find use for the stuffs.

Oh lawd, me wants Fallout 3 :
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 10:40:57 pm »
Gameplay vid. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36197.html?type=

It looks worse than I imagined. The graphics look really mediocre, and do a terrible job at conveying the atmosphere (as I was watching the vid I actually had STALKER running on my other computer, and comparing the two just left me shaking my head sadly). Heck, even Gears of War makes grey crumbly things look interesting. Ridiculous texture pop-in, stuttering, hitches, enemy models that look recycled from Oblivion (orcs and goblins!)... I just hope the PC version won't be plagued with the technical issues (ha).

The AI either stands and gets shot or runs at the player and gets shot. VATS doesn't help, since everything was 1-2shotted you can't see how the system would actually play out (poorly, from what is shown, however). I realize you can turn VATS off, but then it still looks appallingly slow and suffers from the same AI problems. It looks worse than BioShock in that department.

Shooting and death animations are beyond ridiculous. I didn't catch if you can turn them off, but it had better be an option.

Probably the worst part of the trailer is the stupid robot, which he introduces as being one tough mother. He then proceeds to stand there as it shoots at him with -2% to-hit chance, and wastes it. Real tough, yeah.

And in addition to everything else, the inclusion of the Fatman really bugs me. Given the guy's tone when he unveiled it, it's like they put it in specifically to be loledgy (which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest). The fact that he just irradiated himself all to hell and would be blind from looking at the blast is a backseat to that stupid announcer's "lol this is the NUCLEAR BOMB :D :D :D" voice.

I'd rather play Oblivion, tbh.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 11:42:55 pm »
Hmmh, my advice would be that dont be so negative, wait until you actually get to play it. Few years back I totally left all the hype reading/preview-video watching cause it made me think too much of the games before actually touching the game.

That said, I think Fallout 3 is looking quite good, as long as you dont think of it as a Fallout game.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 12:32:21 am »
That said, I think Fallout 3 is looking quite good, as long as you dont think of it as a Fallout game.

But it says /Fallout/ in the name. :(
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 12:40:35 am »
Hmmh, my advice would be that dont be so negative, wait until you actually get to play it.
I forgot to add inb4waittiluplayitdouchebag to my post, thanks for reminding me.
I think it looks like a bad game, say nothing of a Fallout game.