Author Topic: BodyMods  (Read 39584 times)

Offline Viherminttu

Re: BodyMods
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2009, 10:12:50 am »
The people who wrote that article, Harvey, are fucking clueless.

The first one never healed, and resulted in a rather nasty infection. The implants were removed soon after.

Corset piercings are play piercings only, and are hardly ever done to be healed. You do them, keep them in for a few hours, and then take them out.

Third ones are not skull implants, ffs. They're transdermal implants, done deep under the skin. I have their baby brothers, Microdermal implants, all over my face and chest. Transdermals have a big risk of infection as well, and hardly ever heal long term. THEY ARE NOT IMPLANTED INTO THE SKULL, they are under the skin. That is ALL.

Subdermal implants. meh.  :P

Magnetic implants are a bad idea. They tend to break down over time.

Aaaaand last but not least, genital beading. We offer that as a service at our shop ;)

I'm a bit surprised people do things like that, or, rather, I wonder how customs like that come to be. Probably must have involved a lot of alcohol. I mean, I can see how tattoos, piercings and the like showed up. We like to decorate ourselves. But subincision?

"Hey, man, I just had this most swell idea! What if we, like, cut open the underside of our penises, so it ends up looking sorta lige a vulva?"
"oh, yes, smashing idea! We're gonna make this into a ritual, and have all the boys coming of age do it, because it's just so cool!"
"Sweet!"

...probably not like that.

Shocked, I am not, however.

Really, you are quite ignorant on the subject. I can tell ;) Modifications like subincision rarely involve a lot of alcohol (Hi unstoppable bleeding!), and more about aesthetic or sexual pleasure. The idea behind subincision is that all the great nerve ending on the inside of the penis (that line the urethra) will now be on the outside and thus result in more pleasure during sexual intercourse.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:51:31 am by Dimruthien* »
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2009, 01:36:05 pm »
No, no, I'm not saying the modification itself included alcohol. And I got the idea that it's sexually pleasant. Aestethics and pleasure are both good enough reasons for me to get why people do it.

What I am curious about, however, is how someone first got the idea... I mean, there has to have been a first, and why did he do it? Or, actually, as it's a common-ish procedure in several old tribal groups (your australian aboriginals, among others), there probably were several firsts, which amazes me even more. I can see how it could have happened once (an unfortunate accident or malicious torture ends up having some positive side effects, maybe, and the trend just caught on?), but I wonder how several distinct ethnic groups got the same crazy idea (crazy in the sense that it is a mighty strange thing to do the first time it's done, not that it's neccecarily so when you know what you're doing).
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2009, 02:45:17 pm »
I think if you try to figure out how someone first got the idea (which would be hard because it is tribal, like you say) you are headed for insanity.

How did people figure out onions or chilli was safe to eat? You would think that taking one bite of a hot chilli would put anyone off and have them regard it as poison!
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2009, 03:36:37 pm »
Desperate measures? Maybe someone liked the taste, or the effect? Probably started off with the weaker variants, and people recognized the similarity, went up on the scale, and suddenly they were chewing Naga Jolakias as snacks. Oh, and chili is actually toxic...

But, yeah, my mind has started working on trying to figure out how such a practice came to be... I think I'll have to look to anthropologists...
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2009, 11:51:07 pm »
You realize it's a comedy site, right? :P I don't think they did (or ever intended to do) extensive research on the different subjects, but rather put them up there only for the effect of getting people to say "wtf, why would someone do that". Same as the "worst tattoos" article. A lot of those actually meant something to someone, right?

Obviously it's not funny to someone when you have to explain it to them, though. :D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2009, 12:34:14 pm »
You realize it's a comedy site, right? :P I don't think they did (or ever intended to do) extensive research on the different subjects, but rather put them up there only for the effect of getting people to say "wtf, why would someone do that". Same as the "worst tattoos" article. A lot of those actually meant something to someone, right?

Obviously it's not funny to someone when you have to explain it to them, though. :D

Yes, thanks. I got that. You posted it, as if you wanted my comment, or as if you wanted to attempt to shock me somehow. I commented. So consider yourself enlightened, or amazed at my "whatevs" attitude to all those modifications ;)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2009, 12:31:46 am »

Yes, thanks. I got that. You posted it, as if you wanted my comment, or as if you wanted to attempt to shock me somehow. I commented. So consider yourself enlightened, or amazed at my "whatevs" attitude to all those modifications ;)

Well, not just for you, but for everybody to discuss. I figured you wouldn't be too shocked, though. ;) Other than the ear implant, maybe. It seems that you, Torp and I are the only ones really trafficking this thread anymore, though. :(
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2009, 12:57:40 am »
Ear implant I've never seen before, but it didn't blow my mind or anything! If it is real, I'd guess it to be a subdermal implant.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2009, 04:32:26 pm »
Actually, it may be a surgically attached real ear... would be more fun if it is :-)