Author Topic: [MIDI] Steve's Quest  (Read 4333 times)

Offline Bavi_H

• Robert Hart's Homepage
[MIDI] Steve's Quest
« on: May 13, 2007, 08:36:49 pm »
I've posted the main melody of Steve's Quest, up to 0:59, here: Steve_s_Quest.mid

I know it's not much, but it might be useful. I get a kick out of watching the music notation scroll by in my MIDI sequencer in sync with the MP3.

If you have a MIDI sequencer and a sound card with no MIDI delay, you can sync the MIDI to the MP3 as follows:

Open the MIDI in your sequencer and position it at measure 2. Start the MP3 and then quickly switch to your MIDI sequencer. Start the MIDI at the exact moment of the main melodic downbeat.

EDIT 2009-06-20: Changed link to new website.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:14:29 am by Bavi_H »

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: [MIDI] Steve's Quest
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 12:27:41 am »
Wow very nice job on these dude ;D

I'm going to enjoy bastardising these two songs
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 12:36:16 am »
Wow very nice job on these dude ;D

I'm going to enjoy bastardising these two songs

I will to0.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 01:11:14 am »
I gotta problem, windows automatically assumes it's an mpg file and take .mpg out of the name meaning i can't turn it back into a mid :(
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Bavi_H

• Robert Hart's Homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 12:15:38 am »
I gotta problem, windows automatically assumes it's an mpg file and take .mpg out of the name meaning i can't turn it back into a mid :(

I e-mailed you the file.

If anyone else is having this problem, do this: In the filename box type in "Steve's Quest.mid" with the quotes. Using the quotes lets Windows know you're specifying the complete filename with extension.

I like attaching things to the forum posts because that way they'll stay there for as long as the forum is up. Other people put links to their websites or to download services that tend to stop working after a while. There's an attachment size limit of 100 KB, so most MP3 files would be too big, but for Guitar Pro tab files and MIDI files, it would work. However, the forum only lets you attach files that end with certain extensions (but doesn't actually check the content of the files), so I have to mess with the filename extensions.

I don't completely like doing it that way, because I'm never sure how it's going to work on other people's computers and browsers.

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 03:01:08 pm »

I e-mailed you the file.

If anyone else is having this problem, do this: In the filename box type in "Steve's Quest.mid" with the quotes. Using the quotes lets Windows know you're specifying the complete filename with extension.

It dosn't work for me either. And the quote-thing dosn't make any difference  :'(.

Offline Bavi_H

• Robert Hart's Homepage
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 06:25:23 am »
It dosn't work for me either. And the quote-thing dosn't make any difference  :'(.

Well, I guess usability is more important than longevity. Instead of an attachment, I've now posted the MIDI on my website. It has ads, but you should now be able to download without renaming problems.

I posted the MIDI on this page: Steve's Quest

EDIT 2006-06-20: The MIDI is now on my new website: Steve_s_Quest.mid
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:22:00 am by Bavi_H »