Author Topic: Another one bites the dust  (Read 12371 times)

Offline Viherminttu

Re: Another one bites the dust
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 03:42:35 am »
Gaijin has expressed that he is unsure that he will even remain on these forums as a member. Its not just the complaints that he has an issue with, its the general attitude on the forum.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 03:49:29 am »
Why cant he speak for himself then?

And what's changed that would drive him away?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:51:41 am by fallout­ »

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 03:51:59 am »
He chooses not to return to the forums at this time.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 03:55:57 am »
What are you? His messenger?

Gaijin, come back! We may have had some misunderstandings but you make a great mod and an even greater friend when we arent too busy arguing about sizes of signatures :(

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 04:05:14 am »
Gaijin has expressed that he is unsure that he will even remain on these forums as a member. Its not just the complaints that he has an issue with, its the general attitude on the forum.

Yeah, I know how Gaijin feels; I really hate this forum too.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 07:27:14 am »
every now and then it gets really bad around here, I admit... and i'm no stranger to contributing to that problem.

But... Gaijin... I actualy gasped when I read that you were leaving.

I think we all lose faith in the forums from time to time... but it's in the introduction threads and in the threads where a forumite has seriousy personal problems that we really all seem to get back into the right groove again.

we need that sort of attitude as a whole around here, not just for new people and sad people.

:(

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 10:21:21 am »
Dont hate the forums. Hate the people well dont hate them just hate the attitude of certain people. They just complain of everything and they dont know anything about facts or anything seems like this fucking place has grown to the age of puberty. Well that doesnt wonder me I think the average age here is around 16 or something and the mental age around 4. People just dont care anymore what shit they post here mostly they post just that pure shit straight from their sick fucking brain.
One reason I've been lurking mostly now here anymore. I think everyone here just should go and look into to a mirror and get a hold of himself. I mean the way this community is going i would say they dont have any right to demand anything from the band make this do this before they shapen little bit up. I know that some people will come to hate me with this post but time will tell. Also if things aint gonna shapen up we can always change the rules and the composition of the forums kill all other areas than band area how would that make you feel?
Gaijin has been a big fucking part of the community and a good friend for me allthough ive only seen him IRL 2 times and first time last year. He is a great guy shame to see that the shit has hitted the fan so hard that he cant take it anymore!
Also I dont mean to say you all are big punch of assholes. I just hate to see this place to go straigth to WoW.. err I mean hell. Well those are almost the same things.
I'm one of them also who cant take this anymore. We should try to get this thing going the way it was few years ago when it was awesome and fun here. Stop been so freaking critical of anything new coming here from the band or anything. You should be happy there is free stuff and new merch and everything coming out. Thats all for now also this prolly was the longest post i ever wrote in these forums. Damn you Gravehill your influence is strong with me :D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:29:14 am by mumppis »

Lysix

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 01:08:31 pm »
Yeah, I know how Gaijin feels; I really hate this forum too.

You know where the door is ;)

Besides, if he wants to leave, let him leave. Four years is pretty intense for anybody, so he's earnt a break if anything.
Either way, lets all spend less time complaining about why he's leaving, and wish him well for whatever he does outside of here.

Stop been so freaking critical of anything new coming here from the band or anything.

Why? Everyone has their opinion and machinae aren't perfect (NO band is). You should really stop getting so edgy when people sometimes have an opinion that disagrees with your own.
   I do feel, though, that we could all shapen up a bit here. Everybody here is different, as of which people don't like some, but love some. It's a community however which way you choose to look at it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 01:11:56 pm by Alixâ„¢ »

MDX

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 01:27:25 pm »
Oh gosh. And i thought you were an inpenetrable wall. Who will everyone bow down to now? It will be anarchy I tell you, Anarchy!

I guess you'll still be lurking like the rest of us though? So that's good.

ILL NEVER BOW DOWN! BACK TO WORK, FUCKERS!

and stop bitching fs etc.

Offline Trias

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 02:12:12 pm »
As always, I don't get it. Have I missed something?

Dont hate the forums. Hate the people well dont hate them just hate the attitude of certain people. They just complain of everything and they dont know anything about facts or anything seems like this fucking place has grown to the age of puberty. Well that doesnt wonder me I think the average age here is around 16 or something and the mental age around 4. People just dont care anymore what shit they post here mostly they post just that pure shit straight from their sick fucking brain.

So this is the way to act mature and positive?

No, honestly, could someone point me to the threads that are the reason for all this? I don't get it. The only thing that annoyed me in this forum since I'm member was people complaining about the forum...

Also, I mean it's a sad thing to see such an important member go. But I don't get the negativity. After four years you have all the reasons in the world to say "I'm a little bit exhausted and I'm going to leave (for a while?)".

As long as I am member of this forum, I take general negative comments about it personally  :-\

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 02:36:32 pm »

No, honestly, could someone point me to the threads that are the reason for all this? I don't get it. The only thing that annoyed me in this forum since I'm member was people complaining about the forum...

Also, I mean it's a sad thing to see such an important member go. But I don't get the negativity. After four years you have all the reasons in the world to say "I'm a little bit exhausted and I'm going to leave (for a while?)".

Same, but from a newbie's standpoint. I wasn't here 4 years ago, mumppis, so I wouldn't know how the forums have changed...could someone please explain how they were? Maybe then I could become part of the solution, rather than the problem; as it is, I find myself shutting down lots of 'post reply' tabs because I'm afraid of annoying someone like this. =/
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007, 02:56:57 pm »

Same, but from a newbie's standpoint. I wasn't here 4 years ago, mumppis, so I wouldn't know how the forums have changed...could someone please explain how they were? Maybe then I could become part of the solution, rather than the problem; as it is, I find myself shutting down lots of 'post reply' tabs because I'm afraid of annoying someone like this. =/

starting to list the problems here might not be such a great idea... if you start saying what's bad then we'll have to start pointing fingers, then disputes will break out and the reasons Gaijin left will be right here in the thread he made to leave.

I don't think it's necesary to point out specificaly who is being problematic, though... everyone should just look at themselves, recognize their own faults and realize that it might be necessary to correct themselves.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:01:38 pm by Sirix »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 02:59:36 pm »
Browsing the holy mac would point out that it went from hilarious to downright insulting eachother.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 03:06:04 pm »
yup some reason people started to been polite ans just acting like freaking egoist brats against each other :)

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 09:40:42 pm »
yup some reason people started to been polite ans just acting like freaking egoist brats against each other :)

TRANSLATOR! I NEED A TRANSLATOR!

:)
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."