Author Topic: Wii reviews  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Wii reviews
« on: April 20, 2007, 08:28:03 pm »
Ok here's the plan, i'm going to write a review for each Wii game i own, i hope it's helpful, and if you have a game that i don't please feel free to add your own, or even correct mine if you think it's wrong

This is my reply to Visionthing's post in the 'Resident Evil 4' Thread

Well  Call Of Duty was a bit easy, after about 2 levels you figure out the best way to get head shots (If you're standing up rest your hand with the wiimote on the hand with the nun chuck to steady your aim) and with no multi player it seems to be a bit boring.

But with Marvel it's an awesome game, if you've played Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance it's quite like that but with the new wiimote actions, it really is a fuck load of fun on your own and with mates. 2-4 player is probably the most fun ever, you can do co-op (share xp and health + energy orbs) or you can do arcade mode (compete against eachother for the highest score and at the end of levels you get ratings and bonus xp + money, but you don't share health or energy orbs, this is definitely good if you have a competetive streak about you). It also includes missions where you play through a little bit of history for each hero and you get to learn about them too if you like that sort of thing, if you are with mates they can also play as the enemies. I've been playing with my brother for about 34 hours all together now and still have a shit load to do.

So, Call Of Duty - Only if you enjoyed Red Steel and like serious game play, but you can get a PS3 if you really want that style
      Marvel - Definitely worth it, a lot of fun when you come back from a night at the pub with 2 or 3 friends

Hope that helped your decision making

List of playable Heroes on the Wii:
Spider-Man
Spider-Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Wolverine
Deadpool
Storm
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Moon Knight
Captain America
Elektra
Ice Man
Iron Man
Luke Cage
Thor
Ms. Marvel
The following are unlockable characters and only view if you don't mind ruining it a bit
Black Panther
Blade
DareDevil
Dr. Strange
Ghost Rider
Nick Fury - I'm not sure of this one, me and my friends can only speculate as i haven't completed the game yet
Silver Surfer - I'm not sure of this one, me and my friends can only speculate as i haven't completed the game yet
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
Re: Wii reviews
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 05:23:17 am »
dohp, didn't see this. I'll add.

Wario Ware: Pretty awesome game. Obviously just a bunch of minigames, many of which seem like silly flash games, but there are about 200 of them and when you're first playing you have about a second and a half to figure out what to do. This can be a little frustrating if playing against someone more seasoned but you soon catch on. Sillily, you have to play through a bunch of stuff in order to access multiplayer, but it can be done in a couple hours.

Super Swing Golf: At first I thought this was just an extension of the golf game in Wii Sports. It pretty much is, but there are minor rpg elements as you're able to buy accessories, clothes, characters, and caddies with "Pang" points, which are achieved by making good shots (nice approach, long chip in, hitting it straight, etc.) overall not worth more than a rental.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 06:20:03 am »
Rayman Raving Rabbids: Great and hilarious single player.  Lots of great extras and some good multi-player if you've got enough nunchuks.

Twilight Princess: uh, duh? amazing. frig.

Super Monkey Ball: great for newbs, balls for the hardcore crowd.

Red Steel: seems really good at first, but gets old and even a little annoying pretty quick.

Elebits: really awesome.  If you like Katamari then you'll like this as well... you just grab the little buggers, and the more you grab the more power your gun gets, the bigger things you can pick up and search under.  A good length as well.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 07:24:41 am »
right. fuck it. I'm buying marvel alliance. I've heard mixed reports but

a) I trust machinae dudes :D
b) I get my student loan on monday
c) I'll trade it in if i don't like it

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 03:41:22 pm »
b) I get my student loan on monday
c) I'll trade it in if i don't like it

haha, I thought you meant the student loan.

"this money isn't green enough!"

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 05:20:01 pm »
our money isnt green :P

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 05:25:10 pm »

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 07:06:43 pm »
Our money is pink with flower patterns

who wouldn't want that?

I forgot to mention Colossus as a hero for Marvel Alliance

I also agree with you Prescriptive, Wario Ware is just random flash games which often make you just laugh in pure "wtf'ness" a lot of fun none the less
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 08:25:47 pm »
*Phoenix Down*

Got Mario Party 8 yesterday, it fucking rocks, I only ever played the very first Mario Party on the Nintendo 64 and all the changes to gameplay that have been made are insanely good.

It still has the usual board game design, everything is very nicely 3D now too... Aim of the game is still to be the SUPERSTAR! with more minigames than before (And a lot more fun too, there's one like House Of The Dead arcade game :D) and a shit load more characters (e.g. Boo is playable, Birdo, Dry Bones and others).

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 08:44:12 pm »
*Phoenix Down*

Got Mario Party 8 yesterday, it fucking rocks, I only ever played the very first Mario Party on the Nintendo 64 and all the changes to gameplay that have been made are insanely good.

It still has the usual board game design, everything is very nicely 3D now too... Aim of the game is still to be the SUPERSTAR! with more minigames than before (And a lot more fun too, there's one like House Of The Dead arcade game :D) and a shit load more characters (e.g. Boo is playable, Birdo, Dry Bones and others).

I heard it sucks, though. I can now make my friend get it anyway, since he's the one with the Wii. ;D
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 09:59:10 pm »
*Phoenix Down*

I heard it sucks, though. I can now make my friend get it anyway, since he's the one with the Wii. ;D

No no, it doesn't suck
it's just the exact same as all the others

so if Lion had missed all the other ones then 8 would, indeed, seem excellent!

PS: Super Paper Mario = Wonderfully clever and very very fun.

Metroid Prime 3 coming August 27th!
I've already got it pre-ordered ;)

wooo!

:D

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 04:35:20 pm »
Oh I wanna get Paper Mario :(

Had the Nintendo 64 version and that was pwn :D, wonder if it's out in the UK yet...

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 11:38:22 pm »

Had the Nintendo 64 version and that was pwn :D, wonder if it's out in the UK yet...

"Released: 14 September 2007" :(

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 01:21:29 am »

"Released: 14 September 2007" :(

That's balls for you guys.

Is Paper Mario on the VC for N64 for you guys yet?
that might hold you over for a month ;)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 01:27:18 am »
Nick Fury and the Silver Surfer are both unlockable. Nick has to be unlocked by beating Story Mode, and the Silver Surfer is unlocked by getting gold on all comic missions.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.