Author Topic: 4 years  (Read 18661 times)

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
4 years
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:36:49 am »
Well time certainly goes like a rocket in space fast. Next week it's 4 years of MASU forums everyone old enough remembers that the first forum was runned by Hazul for almost 2 years and then mysteriously vanished with the forums. Then came our evil banjo playing refic and he is now hosting the forums for almost 2 years now.
Alot has happened since that. Masu making their first album and releasing it via MBD records. A company that also closed. Reasons still not known. In my opinion the biggest thing to hit our growing community was the news about masu signing with spinefarm. It made the fans go absolutely nuts in good and bad manner.
Last but not least the persons I would love to see come back from the good old days like we oldies usually say. Wintress, Sobella for starters I miss them from the old days. I could also say Neoblaze but he has made so many comebacks and left us so many times I still know he will be back someday. And to then end I'm gonna be an evil bastard and steal Roberts usual quitline from IRC!

Peace!

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
Re: 4 years
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 09:50:15 am »
I feel almost old.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 11:11:22 am »
I feel old. When I turned 30 years I got sentimental (well... more sentimental than normally, that is). I realized that man's life's value cannot be counted from the deeds he has done but the people around him. I realized that I'm surrounded by good people and that's why my life is, and feels, so good. I have met wonderful people and seen some of them go. When I first find Machinae Supremacy and logged on this forum I could have not guessed that it would, in some sense, to become part of my life. I have tried many forums but this place has it's own unique spirit which has made me come back time after time. It has changed somewhat during these years but it's still going strong. Another excellent example how love for certain music can unite group of people - people who are like minded but still different. Machinae Supremacy has evolved, forum has evolved and world around has changed. This 4 years period is well worth celebrating! Yeah, thanks for all forumers, it has been fun!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 12:32:04 pm »
aw sweet... that means I've been here for more than half of its existence! didn't realize i'd passed that mark.

happy birthday forums! Don't ever please for the love of God change whenever you want.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 02:22:46 pm »
I feel almost old.

We are old :p

4 years now... I'd say it doesn't feel like it, but actually, it does. I've enjoyed every moment, and long may it continue.

Offline Kobi

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 02:51:12 pm »
4 years? I guess I'm still a rookie here then. :P Congrats MaSu Forums!

Offline Pete

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 03:27:55 pm »
Heh, I really only got into MaSu after hearing from an ooold fan. Her name was Sariya, and it was chance meeting on an online game named...Dofus.

What adventures await in the future? I dunno.

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 03:32:17 pm »
Ah, 4 years of MaSu foruming done... Congratulations all ye old beards and other forumites. I dont really know how long I have been around here, but its atleast 1½ years I think. Cant be really sure cause I were here for x amount of monts lurking around without an forum username o_O.

But yes, Congratulations to the forum, band, forumites and everyone else!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 03:49:58 pm »
I'm glad i got to see the old hazul's forum before it got annihilated...

4 years already, phew, we're turning into quite the hardcore community. :)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 04:10:28 pm »
Congrats to us! :)

3½ years or so for me, eep. I do feel old.

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 05:10:22 pm »
Here's to the future, then. o/
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 06:20:13 pm »
* Cerapter senses an unfamiliar air of epic ancientness

I love epic ancientness. Most of the epic ancientnesses I were part of have disintegrated already. I bet this place is going to live on for a long time yet, though. Perhaps one day the ancientness will be so vast that even my time of entry is relatively ancient. Then again, being an Ancient Forumer can always get a tad sentimental. So I'm happy with being a newcomer here and now.

And here's to the ancient guys! \o
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 06:25:58 pm »
Wow, it sure has been a long time.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 06:51:12 pm »
Wow, it sure has been a long time.

I can still remember the first time you offended me.

*sniff*

it's weird thinking about how much a lot of us have changed since being Machinae fans.
I was 16 when I started listening... now i'm going to be 21.
the maturity level difference there is grandiose.  The same goes for a lot of the forumites here, as well.
we've all gone through our stages and changes in real life as well as in these forums.

it's great to know I have friends scattered around the world.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 07:12:49 pm »
Hmm. I think I mad my acc just after Refic took over, I think I made one or two posts, then just lurked for six months (or so) before starting for real.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."