Author Topic: 28 Weeks Later  (Read 7164 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
28 Weeks Later
« on: April 01, 2007, 10:58:10 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0oSdqQuzdU

Sequel to 28 Days Later.

Anyone else wanna see it?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline dialupdaemon

Re: 28 Weeks Later
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 12:54:24 am »
That depends. Was the first one any good? If so I'll try to go out and watch it and then decide about the sequel based on that.
What meaning has my life that the inevitability of death cannot destroy it?

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 01:01:45 am »
I didn't like the first movie. I had expected it to be more than an ordinary zombie movie, but it was only a zombie movie with faster zombies.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 01:20:53 am »
I didn't like the first movie. I had expected it to be more than an ordinary zombie movie, but it was only a zombie movie with faster zombies.

They're not zombies, damnit. They're people with melty-brains that eat the closest living thing.

That depends. Was the first one any good? If so I'll try to go out and watch it and then decide about the sequel based on that.

I enjoyed it, but I keep a pretty open mind in regards to films, so I don't know how valid my opinion is.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 04:39:45 am »
The trailer looks interesting, doubt it'll be as good as the first one though/

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 01:21:49 pm »
I liked the first one and I want to see sequel as well.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 03:38:05 pm »
It doesn't look like they've got the same writers, this time, according to imdb. That worries me a little.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 11:39:39 pm »

They're not zombies, damnit. They're people with melty-brains that eat the closest living thing.

They serve the exact same dramaturgic function as zombies. To me, that makes them zombies. Plus, "people with melty-brains that eat the closest living thing" is such a hassle to say, and pwmbtetclt makes a bad abbreviation.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 11:42:54 pm »

They serve the exact same dramaturgic function as zombies. To me, that makes them zombies. Plus, "people with melty-brains that eat the closest living thing" is such a hassle to say, and pwmbtetclt makes a bad abbreviation.

You have to admit, though, "pwmbtetclt" is fun to say.

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 12:41:43 am »
Sounds suspiciously Welsh to me.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 07:59:08 am »
I loved the first one, I shall see the second one.

Lol, I thought this was a joke...

MDX

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 07:37:15 pm »
looks like the first one, only with muse on the soundtrack.

WIN.

Offline Pete

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 10:40:36 pm »
It looks to have a completely different tone to the original. It *could* be good, but it also looks as if it could be shit. And now it's got Americans in it. Whoop-de-doo.

It's still nice to have films centered in the UK for once in a while though. Even if they do bomb the shit out of London with napalm...

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 04:09:50 am »
It looks to have a completely different tone to the original. It *could* be good, but it also looks as if it could be shit. And now it's got Americans in it. Whoop-de-doo.

It's still nice to have films centered in the UK for once in a while though. Even if they do bomb the shit out of London with napalm...

Don't you know anything? Nothing in this world is complete without a little American in it.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 04:15:15 am »

Don't you know anything? Nothing in this world is complete without a little American in it.

I'd make a joke about american midgets here but im really too tired.