Author Topic: Anime!  (Read 22797 times)

Offline Aphex

Re: Anime!
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2007, 02:36:14 am »
I need some help.

What is this? I mean, which anime, or?  ???

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2007, 04:14:06 pm »
Anyone here ever seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I downloaded the whole show but I've only watched the first few episodes so far. It's really weird and the episodes are like out of order, not just in the torrent but even when it says "on the next episode blah blah blah" it shows the wrong episode. Sorry if anyone already posted this but I didn't feel like reading through seven pages again. :P Anyway if someone could tell me if this was good please let me know.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2007, 05:15:32 pm »
Anyone here ever seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I downloaded the whole show but I've only watched the first few episodes so far. It's really weird and the episodes are like out of order, not just in the torrent but even when it says "on the next episode blah blah blah" it shows the wrong episode. Sorry if anyone already posted this but I didn't feel like reading through seven pages again. :P Anyway if someone could tell me if this was good please let me know.

Yeah, I've seen it and I love it:

My three favorite anime (at the moment) are

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - This is just so zany yet powerful. It's as confusing as hell and is utterly random but when everything comes together you are left in awe at the brilliance of it, being adapted from a proper published series of books. It hasn't been released in the West yet but it's already earned a huge following.

Whichever order you watch it in it's amazing, so I implore that you watch the rest of the series ASAP. You won't regret it.

There's two ways to watch it: One is just watching the series through as given. And the other is in chronological order. So what happens is that ep 1 is actually 6 (I think) chronologically, 2 is 1 and the way through to the last ep 14 which is 6 chronologically (in this order you see the big finale not even half way through ;)). They're all adapted from a light novel series, but the anime places stories from later novels in between the main story (of the first novel). This is why Haruhi's announcements at the end of the episode is different (except for one episode :P) from Kyon's - they aren't random, it's telling you how to watch it in a different order.

Anyway, showing my fanboiism here. Go watch :P

+: Oh, and I haven't a clue what that anime/whatever is Freak. Sorry.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2007, 06:32:36 pm »
Thanks a lot Laser that was helpful!

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2007, 09:25:32 pm »
Anyone watch/like Black Lagoon?

Awsome actions scenes FTW!

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2007, 12:16:09 am »

That name reminds me of a series involving a guitar. Am I on the right track?

Offline Aphex

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2007, 04:42:43 pm »
I found what I've been looking for. Thanx anyway :F

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2007, 01:19:35 am »
Someone urged me to watch the first ep of something called Sola. A quick search brought me to a site with a less-than-stellar explanation, and considering what the fans of it also watched... let's just say I wasn't impressed. Especially when I found out the writer also did Kanon.

Turns out it's not half bad. So far.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2007, 02:29:42 am »
Someone urged me to watch the first ep of something called Sola. A quick search brought me to a site with a less-than-stellar explanation, and considering what the fans of it also watched... let's just say I wasn't impressed. Especially when I found out the writer also did Kanon.

Turns out it's not half bad. So far.

Quote from: animenewsnetwork.com
Plot Summary: Yorito Morimiya loves taking pictures of the sky so much that one day, he wakes up at 4 am to take pictures of the sunrise overlooking the bay. However, he is deterred when he meets a strange girl trying to force a vending machine that stole her money. Yorito helps her with forcing the machine but when the machine finally vends, the girl has mysteriouslly vanished.

Ooooookay. Intriguing.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2007, 03:03:58 am »
yeah all that happens in the first 10 minutes of the first ep

there's a loligoth in it for people who are into that thing
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2007, 03:15:50 am »

That name reminds me of a series involving a guitar. Am I on the right track?

Er.... no, it had nothing to do with guitars at all. You can check it out here (they don't have all of them, but you can find them with a quick search around youtube, should be 24)

Its basically about a japanese businessman that gets captured by pirates (modern, not the 'yo ho ho' kind  :P) on a business trip in the southeast, but through a number of events in the first few episodes, he ends up joining them. A good series for those that are huge action buffs (which I'm sure most of us are  :) )

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2007, 11:15:06 am »
Oops, just found that I was thinking of an anime called Black Heaven - it wasn't very good :p

Lysix

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2007, 12:27:43 pm »
Offtopic but, has anyone read the magazine shojo beat? I bought it in brighton yesterday and apparantly its a canadian release. 300+ pages of anime and stuff. [: