Author Topic: Sleep Dep Thread!  (Read 24601 times)

Annie

Re: Sleep Dep Thread!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 10:06:13 pm »
The longest I've ever gone without sleep was four days. That was two years ago, and I never want to attempt that again. The first day was fine. The second day was... alright. I had a little trouble talking, and I looked stoned all day. The third day was.. awful. I couldn't see straight, and I felt like shit. Later that night, I started twitching and spazzing for no reason whatsoever. And the fourth night is when the hallucinations of my Television rocking back and forth and sort of dancing began. And I simply said "Fuck it," And went to sleep. ]: Don't ever stay up more than two days. It sucks.

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 10:18:29 pm »
60 hours without help, including caffeine and stuff. For a bet. I don't advise anyone to even try.

Sad thing was, other person made it to 61. I lost.
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 10:28:57 pm »
7 days. I think. Summer hols of 05 after school ended, lots of coffee and lots of gaming.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 12:47:29 am »
4 days for this scanning thing i had to do for the hospital or sth

Duh everyone knows aliens are green why scan..

But yeah, damn 7 days. That's a lie if i ever saw one.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 12:53:24 am »
4 days for this scanning thing i had to do for the hospital or sth

Duh everyone knows aliens are green why scan..

But yeah, damn 7 days. That's a lie if i ever saw one.

By the 5th day I was dropping in and out of consciousness, I can hardly remember it but I do remember my brother telling me I'd been awake for 7 days..

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 12:54:51 am »
But being unconcious is sleeping technically so lets keep it at 5, wich is impressive.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 12:56:44 am »
But being unconcious is sleeping technically so lets keep it at 5, wich is impressive.

Well, technically I wasnt sleeping, but blanking out for about 5-10 minutes every now and again.

Imagine playing CSS, half way through a round, and you blink for what feels like a second and you're on a completely different map..

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 01:01:07 am »

Well, technically I wasnt sleeping, but blanking out for about 5-10 minutes every now and again.

Imagine playing CSS, half way through a round, and you blink for what feels like a second and you're on a completely different map..
Yeah i have that when im in the bus all the time, your eyes just can't keep open and stuff.

I have a pretty bad sleep deprivation, so im like this everyday around 5 pm :)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 01:13:25 am »

Yeah i have that when im in the bus all the time, your eyes just can't keep open and stuff.

Mine is more insomnia.. Induced by my addiction to computers and games. I usually spend my entire night until about 8am just browsing the internets :/

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 01:14:01 am »

Mine is more insomnia.. Induced by my addiction to computers and games. I usually spend my entire night until about 8am just browsing the internets :/
Yeah that's what i meant aswell. Insomnia buddies !

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 04:43:30 am »
I always find stuff to do to not sleep. I mean fuck, I do homework rather than sleep on occasion, or housework.

Offline Pete

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 01:09:31 am »
I always find stuff to do to not sleep. I mean fuck, I do homework rather than sleep on occasion, or housework.

Sweet, I do exactly the same thing with work. I'll even sit and stare at a wall rather than do homework on occasion. It's bloody weird.

Anyway, I almost stayed awake for two nights in a row once, and think I shared around 4 hours sleep between the two. Then, the other week, I didn't sleep one night just for the sake of it. It wasn't actually that bad, considering the fact that I'm usually exhausted for little reason when I do sleep. I didn't really feel tired at all, though I did feel a bit ill in the stomach. An odd sensation it was. Maybe the adrenaline or whatever made me more awake than I usually am :P

Lysix

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 01:31:15 am »
For me getting off the computer doesn't work, i've laid in bed for 7 hours before but to no avail

That must be seriously awkward. I get annoyed when i can't fall asleep after 45 minutes let alone seven hours :(

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 11:09:30 pm »
It's fucking annoying i lie there for about 20 and the rest of the time was spent thinking about life
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 11:13:13 pm »
I do the same thing Ant. I just try to chill, keep my eyes shut, and eventually ill go to sleep. I cant sleep if Im thinking either.