Author Topic: NIN: Year Zero  (Read 14783 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: NIN: Year Zero
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 08:11:57 pm »
the last one I know about is my favourite.
while flipping through your booklet, noticed how the song title names have a blurred double of themselves? for effect, it seems.
but then "another version of the truth" is in the booklet.  Seems out of place, since there are no lyrics.
if you look closely there is, instead of "another version of the truth" blurred in the back of the song title, a website.
http://www.anotherversionofthetruth.com

I won't tell any of you what's on the websites.
but there -is- something about that last one that you have to figure out.
hint: check out the source code if you know HTML at all.

good luck ;D

Thank God i spent so much time on www.hackthissite.org, was pretty obvious though :/
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2007, 03:34:22 am »
I like and ARG as much as the next nerd, but is all this stuff really gonna make the album suck less?

sorry but I listened to it again and again and I'm just not feeling it.

Depth; depth is what these longs lack - depth and music. I listened to the labum for (probably) the last time about an hour ago and I can't remember a single riff. Tunes that i first heard in primary school (read: 10 years+) still pop in to my head from time to time (and some of those songs are NIN songs, so i aint biased). Where are the hooks? Where are the memorable melodies?

It pains me to say it, but they're up Trent's ass; along with the idea that he can outline political ideas that have been outlined narratively in the prose, poetry, cinema and theatre of the past 50 years competently by geniuses who have spent more than a year on a laptop to say something worth fucking while.

Some of it is listenable - it really is - but I hope to god Kurt Vonnegut didnt read any of the lyrics before he died. That's all I'm saying.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007, 03:44:20 am »
I like and ARG as much as the next nerd, but is all this stuff really gonna make the album suck less?

Depth; depth is what these longs lack - depth and music. I listened to the labum for (probably) the last time about an hour ago and I can't remember a single riff. Tunes that i first heard in primary school (read: 10 years+) still pop in to my head from time to time (and some of those songs are NIN songs, so i aint biased). Where are the hooks? Where are the memorable melodies?

It pains me to say it, but they're up Trent's ass; along with the idea that he can outline political ideas that have been outlined narratively in the prose, poetry, cinema and theatre of the past 50 years competently by geniuses who have spent more than a year on a laptop to say something worth fucking while.

Some of it is listenable - it really is - but I hope to god Kurt Vonnegut didnt read any of the lyrics before he died. That's all I'm saying.

I like it ;D

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007, 05:18:56 am »

I didn't know Kurt Vonnegut died.  :(
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2007, 02:19:48 am »
So it goes.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2007, 06:31:22 pm »
I loved Year Zero myself...

Also went ahead and picked up Beside You In Time live DVD, which was equally awesome.

MDX

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2007, 08:47:16 pm »
the religious right has taken over the U.S. government

haven't they?

there are mind control drugs in the water supply

Original!

something called the Presence - in the form of a giant hand reaching from the sky - keeps showing up.

Uhh... kay.

"When I look at the cold heart of big business and our murdering government, I am truly afraid. I don't get the sense that there is any humanity or compassion behind those suits as I watch their total disregard for human life and the ecology of this planet."

What a brave and insightful thing to think!

sounds like a middle-schooler's sci-fi story to me.

Could be a mid life crisis, how old is trent now?

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007, 01:27:30 am »
40ish I think.

Lysix

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007, 03:18:59 am »
42 this year i think.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2007, 03:48:09 am »
Michael Trent Reznor (born May 17, 1965)

Lysix

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2007, 11:13:34 pm »
Michael Trent Reznor (born May 17, 1965)

So i was right! WIN!