Author Topic: Play EVE Online with me!  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
Play EVE Online with me!
« on: March 08, 2007, 03:28:06 am »
Me and a couple friends are planning to go back to it for a few months or more. Anyone interested in playing with us?

http://www.eve-online.com/

Contact Reiya Masumi in game or just join the channel sinistrals
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 05:28:33 am by Ankle »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
Re: Play EVE Online with me!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:46:14 am »
If some pictures don't sell someone on this then nothing will  :P

"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 01:07:36 pm »
I was actually looking at this a while ago, it does look good but i'm just afraid it will turn into a grind
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Kobi

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 02:03:48 pm »
This game is brainheavy if you ask me. I tried it the trialtime but it felt like one big confusion. I had my expectations set on something like Homeworld but this just didin't fit me at all. To much info and stuff directly from the start.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 04:19:14 pm »
I was actually looking at this a while ago, it does look good but i'm just afraid it will turn into a grind

EVE has no grind. There is no end game or leveling. Skills train offline in real time so you can't grind your way up. Pretty much everything just comes down to doing pvp. Unlike MMOs with levels you can actually be useful from the start in pvp.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 04:47:13 pm »
Ok i'll trial it on Monday and see vat happens!
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Deri

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 09:29:39 pm »
Was pretty, but you spend most of your time watching your ship fly itself.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 09:34:49 pm »
not gonna go back anymore takes to much time etc etc etc

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:40 pm »
The real problem that with EVE is that the start is really really hard unless you have someone who has played the game for quite long time helping and tutoring you with stuff. EVE really lets you do pretty much what you want to do, and that rocks.

Back in the days I played it me and my friend were ship-builders, we both hauled, mined and traded like no tomorrow in order to make our first cruiser (Thorax was the cruiser, ah the memories). I remember visiting my friend and hauling really really expensive stuff through a dangerous zone while my friend played next to me on his laptop. We were both scared that a pirate or something might come, blast me and take our precious ~5mil worth of materials  ;D. Ah the days!

The market system is really well made so that you can basically start a monopoly on some items if you want.

Also, EVE is likely the biggest far-arse game I have ever played. I mean, what other game allows you to mine, read a book, watch anime and listen to music at the same time?  8)

And yes, the ships are cooooool
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:57:49 pm by Asor »
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 11:28:57 pm »
Yeah i've checked the game aswell for some time, it does look mighty cool.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 12:55:36 am »
Oh my, they are adding avatars and in station enviroments: http://www.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=485

Hot.

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 06:12:08 pm »
"Are adding."

Heh. It's on the drawing board. The massive amount of extra work that would place on the servers would break the game at 5k players.

Oh, yeah, I have two accounts and two characters I play regularly. If you care to message me in game, the names are Karli Fre'a and Syri Taneka. I've been playing over a year now. It gets grindy at times, but that's what month+ skilltimes are for =P.

I've also gotten pissed enough to quit many times, especially when I was newer to the game. Each time that happened I logged on the next morning, same as always, as though nothing had happened, and started fitting a new ship, scraping together ISK from wherever I could.

The first few (I think about 6) months on Syri I made pretty much all my ISK playing the markets while I ran level 1 missions in a Catalyst and trained support skills. Sounds duller than it is. As a result I have a good grasp on market play and still use that from time to time. Speaking of which, I have about 30 spare t2 explosive energized armor resists I'm looking to liquidate for around 400k each. I don't remember where in my many mini-station bases they are, but they're probably near where I currently lair....
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 06:39:28 pm »
I played the free trial at some point last fall and liked the game a lot. I just bought a 500€ longsword, which I still need to pay for and I haven't had a confirmation of getting a summer job from any of the places I sent an application to so, unfortunately, I can't afford to pay a monthly fee for a game right now. I'll probably start EVE again if I get a summer job, though.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 06:42:46 pm »
I played the free trial at some point last fall and liked the game a lot. I just bought a 500€ longsword, which I still need to pay for and I haven't had a confirmation of getting a summer job from any of the places I sent an application to so, unfortunately, I can't afford to pay a monthly fee for a game right now. I'll probably start EVE again if I get a summer job, though.

[offtopic]New longsword? Pixoritneverhappened! Please?[/offtopic]

I've thought of trying out the game for a while, but considering the unhealthy amount of time I already use on other games, I don't think it's a good idea...
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:54:21 pm »
[offtopic]New longsword? Pixoritneverhappened! Please?[/offtopic]

My next avatar will include the aforementioned weapon, I'll change it as soon as I find a USB cable that fits our camera. I know we have at least ten of the kind but I can't figure out where the hell any of them are.

EDIT: There you go. Clicky for a better quality pic.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:38:42 pm by Caranfin »