Author Topic: Movies  (Read 13966 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Movies
« on: March 07, 2007, 12:31:56 am »
What movies are awesome ?

Wich movies suck ?

Tell us about them in this thread !

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: Movies
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 01:26:46 am »
A Clockwork Orange

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

both
are fucking awesome

Final Destination 1-3

all are fucking wastes of life
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:49:46 am »
Children of Men was the last film to rock my socks off. Definitely worth checking out.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:59:04 am »
Runaway Bride sucks.

Well, pretty much any movie with Richard Gere in it sucks.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 02:18:51 am »
The first Final Destination was pretty okay when I watched it, I think. The second wasn't sucky either. None of them are pinnacles of modern moviemaking, but they do what they're supposed to: entertain for two hours.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:17:45 am »
* talhoffer rummages around in the dusty, cobwebbed recesses of his mind

Apocalypse Now - See this movie! The ending scenes are truly epic, and the "Ride of the Valkyries"-scene is legendary.

Serenity - Regardless of whether you've seen the Firefly series, the movie is still great on its own.

Rocky Horror Picture Show - I know me and Torp have been yammering about this 'un for a long time, but with good reason.

Evil Dead: Army of Darkness - Hail to the king, baby! :D

<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 03:30:21 am »
how about a few martial arts ones  :)

Hero - amazing... beautiful movie, great story, awesome fight scenes.  One of my favourites

Jet Li's Fearless - awesome fight scenes... kind of cheesy acting sometimes, but it gets better as the movie progresses.  Overall very KICK ASS.

Ong-bak(sp?) -  HILARIOUSLY bad story.  So bad it's worth it.  Awesome fight/action scenes in between hilariously bad story/acting.

Kung-fu Hustle - Take a Jet Li movie and mix it with Looney Tunes.  Absolutely delightful and silly.  Also has awesome fight scenes.

Unleashed - Jet Li again. The action is feral for the most part.. no actual form to it.. but still impresive.  The main thing about this movie is the story and character development though.  Beautiful and fitting soundtrack by Massive Attack as well.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 06:54:10 am »
I enjoyed the Transporter movies. Jason Statham is well-suited to the role, and they're good adrenaline flicks (llike his movie Crank, which was also fun).

Well, Borat was good.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 07:38:02 am »
Children of Men was the last awesome movie I watched. A scary apocalyptic look into what the future may hold for us. Lots of guns, explosions, and blood. Fun.

EDIT: and nudity.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 02:26:02 pm »
Most awesome movie:
Seven Samurai (Shichinin no samurai)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047478/

This is the movie for me. I just love it thoroughly. I've watched it countless times and still there's always possibility for new approach. It has so many layers, great characters, it's beautiful and story is just marvelous. I like several movies equal, in sense, to this but this was my first love... and always will be special one for me.

Movies that suck:
Survival Earth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192649/

This is so bad I had to watch it two times before I believed my eyes; One of the worst movies I've ever seen. My cousin bought it on VHS and we just were amazed it's sheer stupidity.

Russian Terminator
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100531/

This is laughable bad, too. Russian ninja's and stuff. I got it free when I bought DVD-player. It was free for a cause. Worst DVD I have in my collection.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 05:03:59 pm »
Most awesome movie:
Seven Samurai (Shichinin no samurai)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047478/

This is the movie for me. I just love it thoroughly. I've watched it countless times and still there's always possibility for new approach. It has so many layers, great characters, it's beautiful and story is just marvelous. I like several movies equal, in sense, to this but this was my first love... and always will be special one for me.

Movies that suck:
Survival Earth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192649/

This is so bad I had to watch it two times before I believed my eyes; One of the worst movies I've ever seen. My cousin bought it on VHS and we just were amazed it's sheer stupidity.

Russian Terminator
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100531/

This is laughable bad, too. Russian ninja's and stuff. I got it free when I bought DVD-player. It was free for a cause. Worst DVD I have in my collection.

i've been wanting to watch Seven Samurai ever since I watched the "Samurai 7"
anime, and accidently found a wiki article on Seven Samurai while searching for Samurai 7.

as for movies that suck.. hands down worst/best movie out there is Frogs.

the movie has everything and NOTHING to do with frogs.
they flash to frogs ribbiting often... but... the frogs never really take part in the movie until the end when they crash through the windows and hop around until the old man dies for some reason.
my friends and I had a blast making fun of this movie... greatness

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 05:49:57 pm »
I could never say which are my top movies. I can never rate movies higher than another. There are many very good movies out there, but none I could say I love to see again and again.

However I can say without a doubt that AI is the worst movie ever created.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 12:53:13 am »
A list of (a-z-n) movies I like! Not necessarily excellent ones or classics, although there are definitely some fantastic films in the list. English titles given, for what I hope are obvious reasons. Tried to stay away from gonzo movies like Tetsuo, the Iron Man and what-not. I suppose I'll put up more when I remember all the crap I've seen.

Attack the Gas Station! (Korea)
The Black Republic (Korea)
The Customer is Always Right (Korea)
Friend (Korea)
Gangster High (Korea)
Holiday (Korea)
The Host (Korea)
Joint Security Area (Korea)
Painted Fire (Korea)
Righteous Ties (Korea)
Running Wild (Korea)
Taegukgi (Korea)
The War of Flowers (Korea)

All About Lily Chou-Chou (Japan)
Eli, Eli, lema saibachthani? (Japan)
The Happiness of the Katakuris (Japan)
Harmful Insect (Japan)
Ichi the Killer (Japan)
Sailor Suit and Machine Gun (Japan)
Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl (Japan)
Survive Style 5+ (Japan)
Tokyo Trash Baby (Japan)

The Story of Ricky (Hong Kong)
You Shoot, I Shoot (Hong Kong)

Be With Me (Singapore)

Last Life in the Universe (Thailand)
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 12:55:45 am »
I just saw Ghost Rider. Damn it makes me sad when a great comic gets translated to a crappy movie. They used the cheesiest voice ever for the Ghost Rider, and made him drop very very silly one-liners.
The only truly redeeming thing was when he held someone in his chains, and said "get over here!" before yanking the subject towards him.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 01:23:00 am »
I really like Anchor Man, Road Trip, Old School, Grandma's Boy, Dumb and Dumber, and Employee of the Month. For a non comedy I like I, Robot for some reason. Just an overall good movie in my opinion.

And yeah Ghost Rider really sucked, I don't recommend it to anyone unless you were diehard fans of the comic.