Author Topic: The Machinae Hot Seat - Sobella  (Read 3828 times)

sobella_science

Re:The Machinae Hot Seat - Sobella
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 04:07:32 am »
If you could have one wish that would come true, what would it be?
Part from giving all the children in this world a better place to live in? Hmmm then it prob be unlimited cash for strictly egocentric needs.

Are there any moral inclinations to avoid genetic manipulation of mankind? Motivate.
I'm not against it. I think it's good to develope the knowledge we get by help of doing genetic manipulations. But there's always the question about who is the right one who take the wheel so nothing will go terribly "wrong"... See what happend when crazy Dr.Mengele played around with prisoners and their genes. Then of course he had the ideology to support him on his scientific career. But it's not a excuse. We can't say it never won't happen again since it does happen. We are humans and we are not perfect. The glamour in the world of scientists(as in any professions) may cause a hunt in bad manners to get acknowledgement... How many scientists are there who have tried to prove their false discoverys to be true ones. Even in the trail of manipulation of genes.

Do you believe in God(s)? Motivate.
No I don't belive in God(s); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES only in myself. But it has not been a straight road though because I've been surrounded by relatives with belifs. As a child I thought much about how the grown ups behaved very much differently when approaching non belivers than those with faith in God/Jesus. And I've been there when bad things has happend, and always in the name of Jesus.... And history can tell a whole lot too.  I do not think everyone is like that, neither do I belive that everyone who belive in God(s) are bad ppl who like to belive they are elite. I think that those who belive in God might need a God to fill their life with something they miss. What I write here is by no means the truth or a try to provoke btw.

Why people choose to belive in a God is very individual, and I respect those who does. But to belive in a God or Gods is nothing that I need or want to. Then there may be some "leftovers" in my personality from my environment when I was a child...I don't know about those, but it doesn't bother me either. If something comes up I'll try to handle it.

Earlier I always had long discussions in the entrance hall about God and science of physics when I got someone at the door wanting me to join their society of belivers of some kind. Nowadays I don't make the effort to discuss. I respect them if they respect me. :) And mostly we do.

Then of course there is the aspect of Universe. It's there, and in cosmos we live. It's beautiful, interesting and scary! and radioactive 8) I've tried so many times to get a grip of how huge it really is! But I'm afraid I'd get mad if I continue to think about it too much! But as I said earlier to HDs Q about travelling if I had a time machine, then I'd like to travel to the future some thousand years ahead, If I could, I'd be able to travel in that time with a spaceship to foreign galaxies. Way cool! :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 04:19:03 am by Sobella »

Offline Kanu

• Onni on pieni muna.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2003, 11:45:29 pm »
!.I f yuo were a monkey, would your bum be pink or hairy??
2. Is there really a santa claus?
3. Or the pink homo rabbit giving up his eggs in eater? (stupid rabbit)
4.What is your artist name if you cpould choose?
. If you know a band callde Mudvayne, do you like it?
If you want to be happy for one day, get drunk. If you want to be happy for 3 days, get married. If you want to be happy for 8 days, kill a pig and eat it. If you want to be happy forever, get a balloon.

sobella_science

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2003, 03:23:47 am »
Posted by: Kanu  Posted on: December 23, 2003, 11:45:29 pm  
!.I f yuo were a monkey, would your bum be pink or hairy??
I think it would itch too much with hair...

2. Is there really a santa claus?
Call 911 and ask.

3. Or the pink homo rabbit giving up his eggs in eater? (stupid rabbit)
He boils them and sends them to you in a padded envelope.

4.What is your artist name if you cpould choose?
Pikku Kanu Kotimaassa

. If you know a band callde Mudvayne, do you like it?  

Possibly, yeah.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 03:26:00 am by Sobella »

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2003, 07:45:06 am »
Wow, I must say Sobella's answers are verrrrry interesting and fun to read! :D
"You don't have to like flour just because you happen to like buns!"  ;)

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2003, 03:52:12 pm »
I've got a question for you.

What's the first thing you think, when you wake up?
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

sobella_science

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2003, 04:46:55 pm »
Seconds before I wake up I only think about pleasant softy things...and some more seconds after that, the most common thought must be "I need to pee" ;D

Could someone please lock this thread now? :)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2003, 05:38:39 pm »
hahahaa this thread will go on for ever and you will be forced to answer our questions for all eternity!!!!

sobella_science

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2003, 07:58:30 pm »
heh, no one can force me to do anything :P The Force is always with me 8)

However....I have been thinking of who I'll put in the next hot-seat. It has been a difficult task to choose one 'cause there are several interesting people in this place. Tomas the nude drummer for instance :-* ;) Anyway, it became to be the one and only; HarmonicDissonance.

And thanks for all the weird, funny and interesting Q:s, I was afraid that you'd be really bad arses. ;D