Author Topic: Archlord  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
Archlord
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:01:27 pm »
http://www.archlordgame.com/

Has anyone here played this game? It seems intresting to me, but (at least to my knowledge) there's no downloadable trial or demo or anything, and I'm not sure I want to spend 50 euros on a game without trying it first. :P Although, I might end up doing that anyways, if boredom gets a hold of me.  ::)

Anyways, if anyone could tell me their opinions of this game, I'd appreciate it. ^^

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Archlord
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:28:38 am »
I've played the beta.

I agree, the trailer looks really freakin awesome, although the actual game isn't up to snuff for my liking.
The quests are rather dull and unoriginal.
You don't feel like you're acutally playing the game, rather than just killing stuff and collecting objects that you bring to the guildman or town captain. :)

Battles aren't that good looking either. Perhaps its just me or my low lvl character (17) but after that lvl it just doens't get any better.

You just get pk'ed less. :)

Perhaps they fixed all this throughout the retail version. I dunno. good luck ;P

Offline Wiinis

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:02:55 am »
Killing stuff and collecting items? Sounds about the same as lvling in WoW, I can cope with that, me thinks.  ;) What class did you play?

I watched a few vids in youtube, all the ranged non-magic using classes seemed dull... And it seemed as if they don't have any melee attacks at all? Sucks if it's truly so. :< The classes I'm most intrested in atm. are Human Mage and Moon Elf Elementalist. Or maybe Orc Sorcerer, dunno. :p

I'll prolly end up buying it sooner or later, tomorrow at latest. :P Might be a waste of money, but can't help it.

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 02:36:09 am »
Yeah well, it might turn out great dude so yeah, don't let me stop ya ;D

Offline Wiinis

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:08:53 pm »
Bah, checked the local shops today, but couldn't find a copy of Archlord anywhere. :( Oh well, I ordered it from teh intarwebs, so I should get it next monday, if there's no problems with the delivery or something. :p

Will post my first impressions of the game when I get it, incase someone else in here is intrested in this game.  ;)

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 09:24:07 pm »
Cool ! I'm interested to see if the game actually improved :P

Offline Wiinis

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:16 pm »
Well, I picked up my copy of Archlord today from the post office. Haven't played much, two hours max. By far it has felt a bit dull, but I wont give up on it just yet, will try and get into the game better before deciding if it's worth playing. ;)

The game definitely does have some flaws though... For example, you can't pick gender for your character, it's decided by the class you choose. So, if you pick an Human Mage it will be female, if you pick a Human Knight it will be male... etc. A big minus. :( Another annoying thing I have by far found is, that there doesn't seem to be food and drinks for restoring health / mana. All I've founded are health/mana potions and, of course, healing spells if your class can learn them.  :P

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:23:41 pm by Wiinis »

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 12:31:09 am »
Riight yeah i remember spamming health potions as a madman because i had so many :)