Author Topic: What shows are you watching?  (Read 53867 times)

Offline Piu

• ^ Manatees are yeh.
Re: What shows are you watching?
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2008, 04:26:39 pm »
Im in season 7 at the minute  so no spoilers please, im a die hard old school scrubs fan but i do agree that the humour is being pushed to the side in the place of this happy ending, did they say season 7 is the final one?

Yes, it is.

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2008, 07:08:35 pm »
There's going to be one more (at least), since the strike cut the lest series down. Now on ABC!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_%28TV_series%29#Season_8
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:58:46 pm by Rehevkor »
DRAMA

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2008, 10:14:45 am »
Kara no Kyoukai ftw. Being type-moon I have looked forward to this being released for awhile now and it was worth the wait. Super awesome sexy fun ~tima
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

MDX

« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2008, 03:39:16 pm »
Im in season 7 at the minute  so no spoilers please, im a die hard old school scrubs fan but i do agree that the humour is being pushed to the side in the place of this happy ending, did they say season 7 is the final one?

Yes, it is.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM NOT READY TO LET GO YET DONT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*wails*

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2008, 08:59:01 pm »
I already said, there's going to be another. :P
DRAMA

Offline cherko

« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2008, 06:00:32 am »
Just watched the first two episodes of Breaking Bad, and... Wow. Best show I've seen in a long time. It's about a chemistry teacher who's diagnosed with lung cancer and starts making and selling meth to support his family. Anyone else seen it?

MDX

« Reply #276 on: July 04, 2008, 10:23:00 pm »
I already said, there's going to be another. :P

i believe you :'(

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2008, 11:28:33 pm »
Just watched second season of Prison Break with wife and I was bit disappointed. With seasons three and four coming (well three is out already but I've not seen it yet) I think they should have squeezed it to two seasons. They prolong it too much, it breaks the flow with unpleasant way. One should not milk the dying cow, IMO.

Just started watching Dexter, alone. Now I've seen three first episodes from first season and I'm not sold yet. Well, I did bought that season one on DVD so it was sold to me but I'm not yet, that's what I meant. The mixture of humour, dark themes, violence, brutality, psychopath thoughts and everyday life, it feels disturbing. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I think that they have pictured out well the likeness of serial killer's (or psychopath's) mind, their way of thinking and how they live their life... It's done so damn well it's disturbing! And then it served on form of entertainment... I have very mixed emotions and feelings towards that series. It's well written, acted and all but it's not easy and not small piece to digest. I will watch the first season through as I bought it and I think that I can grow to like that series lot but atm I'm just mildly curious. Interesting series, though.

In future I will start watching with wife House's first season and Ugly Betty's first season. I bought them as anniversary gift to my wife. House is great series and I'm fond of it already and my wife was interested so I thought that it's good way to spend time together. I've seen one or two episodes of Ugly Betty partially and thought that I could watch it too with wife... She has watched with me some of the more masculine series too so I can bend some :D I'm not hyper enthusiastic about it but I give it a try. Pieces that I saw were quite funny after all.

Still awaiting for Lost's season three's price to drop to more consumer friendly levels... I've no hurry with it.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2008, 12:00:28 am »
Lost'll be worth the wait. Season 3 was mostly great. Not as great as 4 though.
DRAMA

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2008, 01:40:05 am »
Ah... Just watched episodes 4 & 5 of Dexter! I think that I'll like this after all. Lots!

EDIT : Ended up watching it all the way to the ninth episode and boy oh boy I'm addicted. But with shows like this I doubt that there will be no happy ending... But I'm going to watch it still. Quite awesome series this far :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:04:26 am by Gravehill »
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2008, 08:42:47 am »
I had the same experience with Dexter, although different thoughts. I thought the first few episodes were childish and pandered to a younger audience than i enjoyed, but when it gained its footing a little later on i was hooked.

prison break was also addictive, but i agree that they could have sped it up a bit. and season three was disappointing, mostly because they got rid of so many secondary characters and didn't do much to beef up the roster... and t-bag used to be the best but his part seems less and less exciting.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.