Author Topic: Power metal?  (Read 15597 times)

Offline dialupdaemon

Re: Power metal?
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2007, 06:16:13 am »
Sweet! Just found out a bit ago that Sonata Arctica is coming to Toronto (very close to where I live, I saw Blind Guardian there) in September so I'm marking that one down on my calender. Can't wait.
What meaning has my life that the inevitability of death cannot destroy it?

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2007, 06:21:41 am »
Now to get Machinae over here. I say we all e-mail Spinefarms to get them on tour! :D

Offline H

• Gamer. Guitarist. Slacker.
    • My site
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2007, 11:05:02 am »
hey! get your non-power metal out of here. this is not about what is better than power metal. that would be a long and hotly contested conversation which i am not willing to engage with right now. so get ye hither!

... though i will check them out.

edit: you tricked me

Uh oh...
[Comfort the disturbed. Disturb the comfortable]
Crownus

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2007, 02:13:15 pm »
it wasn't THAT much of a trap.

Saxon: Pretty rockin British heavy metal. I think i prefer them over iron maiden. (their own site has no audio, but last.fm has four samples) (I listened to the album Heavy Metal Thunder)

Lullacry: finnish girl metal on Spinefarm. Pretty awesome, as girl metal goes. Much better than, say, evanescence. a cleaner sound than inja, and fans of inja should check them out. Their site has samples of most songs, and full mp3s of a couple. (I listened to Crucify My Heart)

Tankcsapda: hungarian punk/rock/metal. Apparently this band couldn't decide what it wanted to do. But that's okay, cause whatever they do turns out pretty good. i prefer the metal more, but Rad might like their punkier albums (some mp3s available here, as well as those of other bands, including Pokolgep, whom i'll be listening to in the near future, and who claim to be fairly high quality hungarian speed/power metal) (i listened to Tankológia for punk and Élni Vagy Égni for rock/metal).

Thy Catafalque: hungarian prog/avant-garde/whatever metalish. I like it a lot, but it never stays in one place for too long.. the first track was pretty headbangalicious, but it goes back and forth between heavy shit and sorta laid-back instrumentalizing. Audio available on their site. (I'm listening to their latest album, Tűnő idő tárlat)

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline H

• Gamer. Guitarist. Slacker.
    • My site
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2007, 03:54:35 pm »
Lullacry: finnish girl metal on Spinefarm. Pretty awesome, as girl metal goes. Much better than, say, evanescence. a cleaner sound than inja, and fans of inja should check them out. Their site has samples of most songs, and full mp3s of a couple. (I listened to Crucify My Heart)

I've heard of them plenty of times :) I have their song "Don't Touch The Flame". Gotta say, it has a killer groove & some really good melodies.

EDIT: Listening to the samples on their page, it seems that "Crucify My Heart" is a much more solid album than Vol. 4 o_o
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 03:57:10 pm by H »
[Comfort the disturbed. Disturb the comfortable]
Crownus

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2007, 06:48:39 pm »
Non power metal!  ;D

HATESPHERE!!!!
np: Hatesphere - Blankeyes

I want them on guitar hero.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2007, 08:23:13 pm »
Another great band to check out would be Falconer.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2007, 12:03:07 am »
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2007, 01:25:01 am »
yes. and they're in the queue. right after i finish up with this pokolgep ballad compilation.

i chose the sceptre of deception cause word on the metal street was that was the best. we'll see if it's worth seeking out more (i actually bought it! for 1.35 from mp3sugar.com. Redeemer UE is on there too.. i wonder if it's legit? does the band get like 4 cents per song purchase?)

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2007, 01:54:41 am »
i think their self-titled is the best but whatev
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2007, 07:26:14 am »
Sorry Zuddha, I somehow overlooked or just forgot about your post. I just recently started listening to them so I thought that I'd add them to the thread here but you clearly deserve the credit.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2007, 06:54:46 pm »
[I just recently started listening to them so I thought that I'd add them to the thread here but you clearly deserve the credit.
its not a big deal d000000d

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2007, 09:02:40 am »
i think their self-titled is the best but whatev
I agree. All of their stuff is really good, I cant wait to legitly have all of their stuff.