Author Topic: dear stupid lady...  (Read 7215 times)

Offline Viherminttu

dear stupid lady...
« on: February 01, 2007, 05:04:40 am »
Here in the lovely river city of Brisbane, Australia, we have a lovely public transport system! However its people like this lady who make me both glad I didnt have any rude customers at my own work, and amused of course, and yet a little bit annoyed she caused a 20 minute delay in service.

Please observe the woman in her midthirties with a british accent and two young children, and a stroller. Now in Brisbane we have 2 types of buses. The low floor buses are for wheelchairs and strollers, the high floor are not. If you happen to have a stroller and you catch a high floor bus you are required by law to fold it and place it in the baggage bay at the front of the bus.

Please do not have an argument with the bus driver about whether or not you should have to, and please, do not state that you -must- use the stroller on the bus because you are incapable of controlling your child, this quite frankly makes you look like a bad parent.

When you are told that we are waiting for a bus controller to come and speak to you about the laws you must abide by on public transport, do not be a bitch about it. In fact just shut up and sit quietly in your seat.

After 20 minutes when you finally put your stroller in the baggage bay do not proclaim loudly from the back of the bus "Ive put it away! We can go now!", because it makes you look like an idiot and makes the McDonalds worker in the front seat snicker at you.

Please do the world a favour and dont have anymore children.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
Re: dear stupid lady...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:06:02 am »
..and for crying out loud, please give away the ones you have, and lock yourself indoors for the rest of your natural life.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 05:34:32 am »
that too
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline XooX

• Im walking alone...
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 08:41:22 am »
..and for crying out loud, please give away the ones you have, and lock yourself indoors for the rest of your natural life.

unnatural too

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 09:21:41 am »

unnatural too
That made me laugh, but when I thought about it.... I really think that lady should stay in that room for all eternity.

I hate people like this, I call what that Brit lady has as "American Tourist" syndrome, it is where the people visiting in another country expect it and others in it to conform to the way she expects it to be.

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 04:33:46 pm »

unnatural too
That made me laugh, but when I thought about it.... I really think that lady should stay in that room for all eternity.

I hate people like this, I call what that Brit lady has as "American Tourist" syndrome, it is where the people visiting in another country expect it and others in it to conform to the way she expects it to be.

haha, I love serving rude people.
you get to say sarcastic or mean things to them without feeling bad about it, and you generaly won't get in too much trouble for it either.
I love being served by rude people as well, for the same reasons.
I can never help but laugh at how sour they're being.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 07:04:02 pm »
Im glad we're all so tolerating.

Lysix

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 11:04:04 pm »
Retarded she may be. But she might of had her reasons for getting that certain bus. People always seem to have stupid values on the outside, but if you understood her situation you may be surprised.

Or not. Just a thought.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 11:55:12 pm »
The best thing with rude customers is that when they finally realize they're wrong, and walk out super pissed, you can say "Welcome back!" to them. They get super pissed every time.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 05:15:40 am »
Retarded she may be. But she might of had her reasons for getting that certain bus. People always seem to have stupid values on the outside, but if you understood her situation you may be surprised.

Or not. Just a thought.

the bus system in our city meant that she would have gotten to her destination quicker if she had of got off the bus and caught the next one in 15 minutes instead of causing the rest of us a 20 minute delay.

as for serving rude people at work.. i get at least 10 a day. Ive had some real assholes. One guy made a trainee cry on her first day at work. I took great pleasure in telling him he was no longer welcome at our store for that incident and the fact he kept.. touching... the girls on their breaks.
theres people who lie, people who try and scam, people who argue over first was in line, people who throw their money at me across the counter, people who act annoyed with me because i cant hear them whisper their order from a metre away from our counter in a food court at lunch rush, people who abuse me for no other reason than theyre fuckwits.
almost every time i match their rudeness or better it, with the full support of my superiors.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 06:27:37 am »
The best thing with rude customers is that when they finally realize they're wrong, and walk out super pissed, you can say "Welcome back!" to them. They get super pissed every time.

This is true, and quite a delight!

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 07:31:23 am »

Or not. Just a thought.

Personally I think it's more the arguing with the perosn who has control over the bus that makes her stupid.  If it was me driving I'd say "Excuse me ma'am, get out.   I have a schedule to keep."
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline H

• Gamer. Guitarist. Slacker.
    • My site
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 02:26:17 am »
Almost every time i match their rudeness or better it, with the full support of my superiors.

That tears it. My "superiors" are a bunch of ball-less asshats who want nothing more than to be fucked by the customers, no matter how fucked up said customer acts. Everytime I want to get in the face of some random asshole who is all pissed off that he hasn't had coffee in 2 minutes, & complaining "OMG WURST SERVISE EVAR", my managers get all "oh no, don't say anything to him. Just give him coffee, kiss his butt, & make him feel welcome."

Er...excuse me???

I do not feel like kissing the ass of some fucktard who wants nothing more than to cause shit for service employees, by trying to instigate a scene, just so he can A) get a free meal, B) get thrown out, just so he can C) call the head office & complain, hoping to get someone in trouble/fired.

Seriously people. ITS A FUCKING CUP OF COFFEE. If you can just be CIVIL about it, use the phrases "Excuse me", "please" & "thank you" (without the condescending tone in your voice), you would be surprised just how willing everone would be to help you. But when you're throwing a fit from the start, & trying to yell at the employees from across the restaurant, you're only going to get ignored, thrown out, & banned from the restaurant for causing a scene.

And you can put that middle finger away, thank you. I do not care that you are directing it at me. =/

. . .

Sorry, I've just had a REAL bad day at work last night, & this shit has been bottling up inside x_x
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:12:57 am by H »
[Comfort the disturbed. Disturb the comfortable]
Crownus

Offline Kobi

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 03:05:06 am »
This really is storys about people's egos making them so bad to others its not within their own comprehension. Suddenly my job sounds better and I stand at an industry doing the same thing over and over.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 04:00:19 am »
GO SERVICE INDUSTRY!
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."