Poll

Do you think [###] is a lot of money? Choose the option where money starts to become a "lot" of money to you, in my case it would be £50.

£50
12 (37.5%)
£100
10 (31.3%)
£250
4 (12.5%)
£500
1 (3.1%)
£1000
1 (3.1%)
£1000+ (im a rich bastard)
1 (3.1%)
ITS OVER £9000
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Your perspectives on money  (Read 8108 times)

Offline Kobi

Re: Your perspectives on money
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 09:47:54 pm »
As I've said: "And £1 is a lot of money. Choose how you spend each wisely; they're harder to gain back than they are to spend."

I'm uncle scrouge personified. But I will do a needed upgrade for a new PC. After that I will probably just hog money. If I ever get a studio job somewhere else I'm gonna neede some savings.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 09:50:44 pm »
edited it little because ther wasnt enough options in the first one

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 09:52:33 pm »
Edited it for rich bastards ;)

Edited it for Scouter.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 09:54:59 pm »
Edited it for rich bastards ;)

well im not a rich bastard lets just say i earn enough for now and waiting for a rise in my salary but then again under 1000£ aint alot of money for me because well lets just say when i go spend out a night in a bar its 100-300e that i spend in a night but thats just me

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 10:09:56 pm »
Alright, £50 is a lot for an unemployed person, and most people seem to be voting £100. Seems we have a lot of poor people (or people that are tight with their money) on this forum :o

Offline Narquelie

• wish me monsters.
    • livejournal (in finnish only, sorry)
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 11:07:25 pm »
when i go spend out a night in a bar its 100-300e that i spend in a night but thats just me

Whoa. I gotta ask: How? I could end up into a sum of 100 €, if I traveled by a cab to a bar with an expensive entrance-fee that is in the other side of town, and if I drank the most expensive whiskey or something like that. Plus, I probably would have to buy drinks for my friends too, and buy some grill-food before taking a cab back home.

Since my regular bar has no entrance-fee, I drink mostly cheap beer, travel by a bus, and eat at home, I spend like 20-30 € in one bar-night.
Maire-san no Datsun wa kaji de yakemashita.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 11:24:47 pm »
I sue my good looks and charm to get free drinks

too bad it never works and i spend about 100 squid, but that includes an eigth of ganj which is about 20
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 11:31:03 pm »
I come from very poor family so I've learned to value money. I had to take loan when I started to study. After graduation my wife had to buy car for her job and we had to take loan for that too. We have one kid and it really means more expenses, I can tell :D And then we bought home with loan. We pay it back with same sum we pay as rent that it's not that bad situation after all. Now I'm working in three shift job and get enough money so that my wife can work part-time and spend more time with our son. We can pay our loans and bills but that's about all. If there were no sudden expenses we could buy little extra every now and then, go to restaurant and so on. Now we can buy pizza every now and then :D Problem is that there has been sudden unpredictable expenses, whole year. Right now we can manage, barely. Things should be better at summer. When our son is about 5 years old my wife may start working full time, that's three years from now. Somewhere around that time our student loans should be paid which will mean that our expenses grow smaller by little over 130£ per month. It's lots of money and will have significant effect on our economy.

I think that 50£ is lots of money.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 11:42:40 pm »
when i go spend out a night in a bar its 100-300e that i spend in a night but thats just me
Whoa. I gotta ask: How?
Easily. Once me and my wife spend 400€ in one night just partying. It's not what you drink but how and how much you drink and how long time you keep on drinking.  100€ is just 20 drinks if you buy them all from bar. I can surely drink lot more. Start from noon and drink until 9 am, add cab to both directions, kebab or two and couple drinks I usually buy for some close friend(s). I say 100-300€ is easy piece thou I haven't used that much since 2004. I don't wonder mumppis' calculations a bit. But I would like to hear more about it in details, too. :D

Lysix

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 11:44:16 pm »
Gravehill. As much as i love your posts, could you stop double posting and just edit please? :)

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 12:12:15 am »
I gota say $9000...
going to school is expensive... costs me about $10000 a year for tuition + living costs.

so $1000 is more of a break and 2 months rent, not a lot of money... so I had to go for $9000

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 12:37:28 am »
Gravehill. As much as i love your posts, could you stop double posting and just edit please? :)
Yes I could but why I should? :D

Seriously... I have been really short of time (and strength) recently. Because I still want to be here on this forum it had made me to cut some corners straight which leads to (even more) horribly written texts and accidental double postings. Bare with this little while, it should get better when other things get better as well... It's already little better and it will eventually get even more better. So long : sorry :D

Just in case : I used word "better" quite a many times. Better is good word. So optimistic. To avoid this post being off topic I add that I hope that my monetary situation gets better soon.

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 01:35:50 am »
You took away my vote. Damn. £50 is *way* too much.
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 01:51:27 am »
Yes I could but why I should? :D

Seriously... I have been really short of time (and strength) recently. Because I still want to be here on this forum it had made me to cut some corners straight which leads to (even more) horribly written texts and accidental double postings. Bare with this little while, it should get better when other things get better as well... It's already little better and it will eventually get even more better. So long : sorry :D

Just in case : I used word "better" quite a many times. Better is good word. So optimistic. To avoid this post being off topic I add that I hope that my monetary situation gets better soon.

i find And to be optermistic too

and also

WHAPPPP! that's a special one for you
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 02:32:39 am »
I earn £32 a week for working the weekend (£16 a day).

Even if that's after taxes and shit, that's very little for a day's work (eight hours that is). I earn ~£37 a normal weekday (after taxes), and I don't have a particularily well paid job (I get about 50% more on weekends).
Despite this, I voted £50 as a lot, as around that sum, expenses really start to burn.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."