Author Topic: Famous Relatives?  (Read 10517 times)

Offline Smogelore

• Too Drunk To FSCK
Re: Famous Relatives?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 07:39:22 pm »
mah momma took care of a famous finnish actor when that actor was a child

HAY!!! who stole my avatar... again...

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 10:29:24 pm »
Supposing that Cerapters family have lived in the area they now live in for several generations, I suppose I'm probably related to him.

I'm scared and want to see mommy now...

Your mommy is even closer related to me... in many ways both imaginable and not.

Anyway, another ancestor of mine, only some hundreds of years back, was famous in my home town. Or he founded it or something.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:31:12 pm by Cerapter »
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Lysix

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 10:52:07 pm »
We're all related, however distant it may be. But if you start with someone and work your way around you'll end up back at the person you started with. How long that'd take i don't know.
Anyone up for the challenge?

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 01:10:22 am »
What would be awesome is if that was always possible — checking through generations and seeing how distant everyone's related — and then use it to find two people who are not related in any way whatsoever.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 02:30:36 pm »
We're all related, however distant it may be. But if you start with someone and work your way around you'll end up back at the person you started with. How long that'd take i don't know.
Anyone up for the challenge?

One of my hobbies is genealogy. My mother's mother lineage is clear to the 1680 which is quite as far as it is possible to go. There's no written records much prior that. Other lineages are quite another story. I'm working on them but so far I've gone only to some 1850-1890. Mother's father's lineage is problem since they came from Karelia (home of my shaman ancestor) and churches books, those who survived, are in russia. Father's father is quite a large finnish family-line. It will be no problem as soon as I manage to contact our relative's society. I think they know my branch there. One of my workmates is very probably related to me through that line since we share same surname and our ancestors are from same, small area. Interesting finds so far? Not really. But there are some surnames which are not so typical and may lead to something famous (despite that shaman dude, that is).
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Pete

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2007, 12:56:02 am »
Right...I'm not related to anyone famous...

MDX

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 01:31:38 pm »
My friends got attcked by albin / albun / alban mc guinness once, SDLP politician lol.

Nah nothing off the top of my head. i bumped into angelina jolie in new york while i was there and gave her directions to my hotel, seems we were both staying at the astoria. only realised it was her afterwards, shes hot in real life, even with a baby strapped to her arm.

And that black girl with her wasnt bad either.. hmmm *lingers to new york once more*

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 02:29:57 pm »
I split this topic in two... Quality off-topicness found it's home here:

http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com/index.php/topic,4526.0.html

at "Evolution and Bible" thread. I hope it goes on better than that "Christmas ghost" fiasco. Or that "Funny word" fiasco. Or... Just let's see.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 06:57:11 pm »
You took out the thing about my girlfriend.  :(

As I said, she's sort-of-related to the emperor of Japan. And she's related to a senator that had an airforce base in California named after him.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 07:25:58 pm »
You took out the thing about my girlfriend.  :(
Sorry. It was nice one but when thread needs splitting I use the heavy axe. It's mindless, violent and blind. It splits and shatters thread with extreme force, sometimes cutting away good (and on-topic) stuff. Like story of your GF. So... I'm sorry.

...and just because I don't want this story to be only "sorry". One interesting facts of MY GF (or actually, my wife) and her famous family. One of his relatives is close personal buddy of Putin, president of Russia. Another one (which is also one of my very dear friends) was in one of the worst Idols singers in first season of Finnish Idols. That guy is really superb and funny guy. There are lots of other juicy stories about her family but I don't write about them here. Just those two examples are prove enough that her family is far more interesting (when regarding famous-factor) than mine. My family's credits are so far that one of my ancestors was shaman and another one (my father's father) was fighting under command of Adolf Ehrnrooth ( http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Ehrnrooth ).

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 11:56:17 pm »
My grandparents are friends with the guy who could be the next pope (and the first american one), the ex-archbishop of washington dc, Theodore McCarrick. he also made it his personal mission back in the day to keep my dad from renouncing catholicism. he failed.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Tokzic

• No, I'm not being serious.
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 05:17:53 pm »
On my dad's side, I'm related to a British prime minister, British royalty, and Bono.

On my mother's side, it's nothing but horse thieves.
Quote from: Pepito
I've given up every chance for sex to play video games.

I regret nothing.